PDA

View Full Version : Sox Player Lending

Viva Magglio
10-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Suppose MLB had a rule where the White Sox could lend the Marlins three players for the playoffs. Which three Sox would you lend to the Fighting Fish?

I would lend them E-Lo, Maggs, and Caballo (Cub killer).

guillen4life13
10-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Frank at 1B, Bartolo (good playoff track record, and also eats innings), and probably C. Lee.

OneDog
10-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Frank at 1B, Bartolo (good playoff track record, and also eats innings), and probably C. Lee.

I agree. Frank and Lee give a little more punch to some of the weaker offensive parts of the Marlin lineup. And who wouldn't want Colon in their October rotation.

sox_fan_forever
10-07-2003, 11:36 PM
I'd definitely give them Lee. I think for the other two I'd go with Colon and Frank.

voodoochile
10-08-2003, 12:18 AM
Tom Gordon would probably be better for them then Urbina as a closer...

bc2k
10-08-2003, 12:18 AM
Colon, Lee, Marte.

fuzzy_patters
10-08-2003, 12:40 AM
I'd give them a pair of Cub killers for late game pinch hitting, Lee and Valentin. The third player would be Marte to give them a better closer.

SoxxoS
10-08-2003, 02:05 AM
Koch, Harris and Olivo.

faneidde
10-08-2003, 02:06 AM
Marte would be my first choice. I was watching the game tonight and the Marlins have 1 lefty in the pen and he can't get lefties out. Carlos would be my second choice, he's easily better than Jeff Conine or whoever else they have. My third choice would be Frank to use in the series as a DH.

MarqSox
10-08-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
I'd give them a pair of Cub killers for late game pinch hitting, Lee and Valentin. The third player would be Marte to give them a better closer.
Now you're thinkin!

Hokiesox
10-08-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Koch, Harris and Olivo.

I don't think the post said we could give players permanently.

Jjav829
10-08-2003, 07:17 PM
How about we just lend the Cubs Jerry Manuel? Granted hes no longer our manager, but hell that would solve everything. :smile:

If we really could do this, I'd agree with bc2k and say Marte, Colon, and Lee. The Marlins have no real lefty out of the pen so Marte could fill that. Colon would give them a more experienced pitcher to go with their youngsters. Lee could replace Conine which would in turn strengthen their bench while giving them a little more pop. Of course I might say Thomas instead because Derek Lee has been brutal and while hes good defensively, they could certainly use a little more offense from 1B. He certainly couldn't do any worse than Derek Lee even if Thomas were to choke like most Sox players do.

pudge
10-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
How about we just lend the Cubs Jerry Manuel? Granted hes no longer our manager, but hell that would solve everything. :smile:

If we really could do this, I'd agree with bc2k and say Marte, Colon, and Lee. The Marlins have no real lefty out of the pen so Marte could fill that. Colon would give them a more experienced pitcher to go with their youngsters. Lee could replace Conine which would in turn strengthen their bench while giving them a little more pop. Of course I might say Thomas instead because Derek Lee has been brutal and while hes good defensively, they could certainly use a little more offense from 1B. He certainly couldn't do any worse than Derek Lee even if Thomas were to choke like most Sox players do.

Yeah, but did you see some of those scoops by DLee? He's supposedly Gold Glove caliber... so I'd give them CLee, Colon, Marte.