PDA

View Full Version : Superstitious Billy Koch

fledgedrallycap
10-07-2003, 10:54 AM
Interesting article, to say the least - although we are getting close to Halloween...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20031006&content_id=566323&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha

"My wife bought those pillars last September, and I had a terrible September," Koch said. "Then, I've had a terrible year (in 2003) pitching wise. Every time my wife planned to come visit this season, she got ridiculously sick before she came. She ended up missing five trips.

Dan1972
10-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Billy, look into the possiblities of a divorce. At least a seperation while we still pay you millions to do just about nothing.

OneDog
10-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Koch's biggest problem was his dead arm which resulted from overuse in Oakland in 2002. Then, once he lost his velocity, he became a headcase and lost his confidence. If he gets healthy, he could reuturn to previous form.

Other than that he just needs another pitch other than his fastball. And he needs to learn some control. Oh yeah, and he needs to learn proper mechanics so he doesn't kill his arm again.

If he does all that, he could be pretty good.

faneidde
10-07-2003, 01:47 PM
His wife got sick before seeing him play, I got sick after.

KingXerxes
10-07-2003, 04:42 PM
He's got to shave off that hair on his chinny chin chin. The best word to describe his look is "oddballish".

:farmer

"Now you don't want your star reliever looking oddballish.....no you don't. You want him looking oddstrike-ish, that way he won't fall behind batters just by looking at them, he'll actually be ahead in the count by just staring them down."