PDA

View Full Version : It Could Be Worse...

Mammoo
10-06-2003, 11:30 PM
...we could be Athletics fans. OUCH, BABE!!! :whiner:

Yes, they made the playoffs and for that they deserve kudos, but to lose the last three like that....YIKES!!!

voodoochile
10-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
...we could be Athletics fans. OUCH, BABE!!! :whiner:

Yes, they made the palyoffs and for that they deserve kudos, but to lose the last three like that....YIKES!!!

Ah they deserve it. That one inning where they goofed off on the basepaths and failed to touch home plate twice was pathetic. I have no sympathy for that team. Series should have been over at 9:30 CDT Saturday, but the players pissed it away. Lazy is as lazy does. You try to win by looking for help from the umps, you will get fried every time...

pudge
10-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Ah they deserve it. That one inning where they goofed off on the basepaths and failed to touch home plate twice was pathetic. I have no sympathy for that team. Series should have been over at 9:30 CDT Saturday, but the players pissed it away. Lazy is as lazy does. You try to win by looking for help from the umps, you will get fried every time...

Voodoo, you beat me to it... I was really rooting against the Red Sox, because I would hate to see the media's wet-dream World Series, but the A's just blew it, plain and simple. I have never seen more pathetic baserunning, and in the PLAYOFFS no less! And remember a few years ago when Giambi didn't slide into home plate?? The A's have hosed themselves time and time again, you'd think they would learn!

I hate to say it, but GO YANKS. I think they are the best shot to beat the scrubs, if the scrubs go...

Jerko
10-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Maybe it's just the Cub/Red Sox conspiracy theory kicking in. If ANY series looked "fixed", it was Bos/Oak for sure.

SoxOnTop
10-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Does anyone esle think that Ken Macha should be fired for pinch hitting for Jermaine Dye with 2 ducks on the pond in the 9th and then letting Terrance "I can't hit my weight" Long bat for himself?

Talk about your terrible decisions. I guess Hudson, Zito, Harden and Moulder really do make the manager a non-factor until the playoffs.

voodoochile
10-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
Does anyone esle think that Ken Macha should be fired for pinch hitting for Jermaine Dye with 2 ducks on the pond in the 9th and then letting Terrance "I can't hit my weight" Long bat for himself?

Talk about your terrible decisions. I guess Hudson, Zito, Harden and Moulder really do make the manager a non-factor until the playoffs.

I think he should be fired for the way his team runs the bases and expects the umps to bail them out.

Jerko
10-07-2003, 10:42 AM
I am SICK of the Flub/Red Sox loserfest. HOWEVER, be thankful the A's are out because if the Cubs DO beat Florida and somehow Oakland sqeaked through, do you really want the Cubs facing the A's without Hudson AND Mulder? I am glad they lost, now I root for Fla/NY.