PDA

View Full Version : Linda Cohn must die

DC Sox Fan
08-30-2001, 08:59 AM
Anybody see SportsCenter last night? Unbelievable... they started talking about worst sports facilities ever, and what did the lead off with? OLD COMISKEY?!?!!? ***?!?!!

Cohn's words were: "Talk about decrepid. If ever there was a stadium deserving of the wrecking ball, this was it."

How dare someone say that about the baseball palace of the world?!?! Of course most of the other choices were pretty legit (new comiskey, the mistake by the lake, Astrodome, etc.) But I am none too pleased with them slamming OC like that!

Anybody else see that and have comments?

Joel Perez
08-30-2001, 09:57 AM
Yeah I heard that too...I wonder if she meant New Comiskey. Probably not, but we're sorry if our Baseball Palace that was does not look like PacBell or Camdem. It did, however, hold its history and legacy.

DON'T DISRESPECT THE BING!

MarqSox
08-30-2001, 10:14 AM
I about fell out of my seat when I saw that. She actually called Old Comiskey decrepit. That's amazing. So, tell me Linda, why isn't Fenway or Wrigley considered "decrepit?" I mean, Jesus, all three are incredibly comparable in that respect. I was watching that SportsCenter with my roommate who's a big Cubs fan, and he even shook his head and said, "Man, that's some BS right there." Linda Cohn is suddenly my least favorite ESPN personality. Well, aside from Mike MacFarlane. He's just dumb.

Appling
08-30-2001, 11:06 AM
Unbelievable. I caught the promo for that segment, but I assumed they were lamenting the fact that Old Comiskey was torn down. They displayed the shot of the wrecking ball knocking down the green Comiskey Park lettering on the white wall. Almost brought a tear to my eye. That park had tons of charm, and there's NO WAY it was one of the worst stadiums ever. Hell, the first allstar game was played there. Tons of history. I just wish they modeled the new stadium after the old one. I bought two power ball tickets last week hoping I could win so that I could purchase the team and bring some of the pride back.

Chisox353014
08-30-2001, 11:52 AM
I all but refuse to watch Sportscenter anymore because of crap like that. I actually saw the little teaser clip of Old Comiskey as they went to commercial, and I just turned it off and went to bed because I knew it would pi$$ me off big time. Peter Gammons himself has said stuff about Fenway being run-down and we all know Wrigley is a giant urinal, but there's no way ESPN would ever say a bad word about baseball's "crown jewels".

BTW, am I the only one who can't stand most of the ESPN "personalities" anymore? Chris Berman, Stuart Scott, Linda Cohn, Dicky Vitale, Dan Patrick, Kenny Mayne, ad nauseum. I can't stand to watch any of these losers anymore. Sportscenter is basically just showboating anchors, stupid catch phrases, and unapologetic star-fu%ing with a few highlights thrown in.

Dadawg_77
08-30-2001, 04:50 PM
Guys, as much as the Old Park held great memories, you have to admit it was falling apart at the cracks. One the greatest diservices Veck did the White Sox was not to put any money into a the old place. Thus when we got to the 90's The Place needed to be replaced. But more then likly just the press room was bad thus thats why it got ranked.

But that doesn't changed the fact that they forgot alot worse places to play ball at. The place teh colt 45 (stros) played before moving to the Astrodome, the Vet, The Twinkie Dome, King Dome, Sky Dome, The place in Tampa. I guess I just don't like indoor basball.

oldcomiskey
08-30-2001, 05:31 PM
the thing about Houston was the mosquitos---and I do think that Comiskey I was a great park in its time---and youre right about ESPN----that little lets all kiss Shammys ass last night did me in

LetsGoSox_1
08-30-2001, 05:40 PM
ESPN really sucks and so does Linda. I mean what is her problem? Old comiskey was one of the greatest ballparks built! ESPN makes me so mad sometimes!

idseer
08-30-2001, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

BTW, am I the only one who can't stand most of the ESPN "personalities" anymore? Chris Berman, Stuart Scott, Linda Cohn, Dicky Vitale, Dan Patrick, Kenny Mayne, ad nauseum. I can't stand to watch any of these losers anymore. Sportscenter is basically just showboating anchors, stupid catch phrases, and unapologetic star-fu%ing with a few highlights thrown in.

absolutely on the money chisox! i have felt from it's inception sportscenter was more about themselves and sports secondary. what bothers me is that it obviously works!
chris berman was the original mold i guess with his dumbass nicknames. i remember losing track of the actually 'news' cause i had to figure out who the hell he was talking about half the time.
they must get these guys from way off broadway standup joints!
HATE them!

chisoxfanatic
08-30-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by LetsGoSox_1
ESPN really sucks and so does Linda. I mean what is her problem? Old comiskey was one of the greatest ballparks built! ESPN makes me so mad sometimes!

Linda also doesn't know a thing when it comes to sports! She is just prompted! I would take her a$$ in a sports trivia match ANY DAY !!!

Heather the Redbird

FarWestChicago
08-30-2001, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

Linda also doesn't know a thing when it comes to sports! She is just prompted! I would take her a$$ in a sports trivia match ANY DAY !!!

Heather the Redbird

My money is on Heather!

oldcomiskey
08-30-2001, 06:07 PM
and thats why I love Heather

chisoxfanatic
08-30-2001, 06:18 PM
Awwwww shucks, FWC and OC!

Heather the Redbird

longshot7
08-30-2001, 07:37 PM
Alright Bolingbrook!!
....sniff...
talk about missing the old stomping grounds.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-30-2001, 07:40 PM
I say we hang her up by her big toes & beat her with a spiked club.

CLR01
08-30-2001, 09:00 PM
Did it ever cross any of your minds that linda Cohn did not write that piece but instead was just doing her job and reading it off the teleprompter?

Jjav829
08-30-2001, 10:09 PM
Did it ever cross any of your minds that linda Cohn did not write that piece but instead was just doing her job and reading it off the teleprompter?

LOL CLR. Way to break up the hate fest with the truth. :)

oldcomiskey
08-30-2001, 10:15 PM
thats it----thats just not good Chicago journalism--theres an oxymoron for ya---to ruin a good story with the truth

CLR01
08-30-2001, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

LOL CLR. Way to break up the hate fest with the truth. :)

Hey rip espn a new one just dont single out Linda Cohn. BTW, why does everyone think she is hot?

Daver
08-30-2001, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Hey rip espn a new one just dont single out Linda Cohn. BTW, why does everyone think she is hot?

Uh,no not at all.

I have found things in my ear that looked better than that.

FarWestChicago
08-30-2001, 10:39 PM
I have found things in my ear that looked better than that.

OMG, Daver. I'm dying here. LMAO!!

OutcastRadio
08-30-2001, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
I say we hang her up by her big toes & beat her with a spiked club.

I'll put money down that Singleton swings and misses.

FarWestChicago
08-30-2001, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Outcast Radio

I'll put money down that Singleton swings and misses.

Shades of that classic from ages ago! :)

Daver
08-30-2001, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

OMG, Daver. I'm dying here. LMAO!!

You didn't wound yourself again I hope.

DC Sox Fan
08-31-2001, 09:44 AM
Well all these responses let me know that seeing that piece wasn't just a bad dream. CLR you're right... guess I'm just a fan of shooting the messenger ;)

LuvChiSox
08-31-2001, 03:20 PM
<<Hey rip espn a new one just dont single out Linda Cohn. BTW, why does everyone think she is hot?>>

Am I hot or what?

FarWestChicago
08-31-2001, 03:59 PM
Am I hot or what?

what

CLR01
08-31-2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

what

LMAO

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-31-2001, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by LuvChiSox
<<Hey rip espn a new one just dont single out Linda Cohn. BTW, why does everyone think she is hot?>>

Am I hot or what?

The only way you could say Linda Cohn is hot is if you put her in an oven at 450 for an hour. Otherwise she looks like Mr Ed with a bad hangover.