PDA

View Full Version : Sox dreams...literally, am I obsessed?

mike squires
10-06-2003, 08:32 AM
OK, this is going to be a strange post. I would really like to know if this happens to other folks. I dream frequently about the Whitesox...literally. Often times it's Old Comiskey I'm dreaming about. Last week I was up in the Old comiskey hallways and offices. I was all by myself. (I've never been up there but I KNEW i was there. Last night I had a dream that Old comiskey was filled to it's capacity and Fisk hit a grand slam. I also even had a conversation with Nancy Faust. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I asked her if Fisk was a good guy. She said he is all right and that she tried to make a change in NA NA NA NA once after one of his homers and Fisk looked up at her and waved. Then the same dream but I was in the stands she played Run around Sue (remember when everyone used to sing WO WO, OH OH OH OH OH OH during a pitching change. I was the only one singing it and I was pissed cause I love to hear 40,000 fans singing that, I've had a few about the new Comiskey as well usually trying to get fo;ul balls. Am I a nut case or do others have dreams about the Sox and being at the ballpark. I actually enjoy these dreams.

soxnut
10-06-2003, 08:56 AM
I HAD THE SAME DREAM...... :D:

I dream about the Sox as well, most of the time it is a combination of the new park and the old. My dreams aren't as stuctured as yours. Most of them really don't make any sense in the consious.

dougs78
10-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Ahh, Dreams...the royal road to the unconscious...

Lets take a crack at analyzing that baby..

Originally posted by mike squires
OK, this is going to be a strange post. I would really like to know if this happens to other folks. I dream frequently about the Whitesox...literally. Often times it's Old Comiskey I'm dreaming about. Last week I was up in the Old comiskey hallways and offices. I was all by myself. (I've never been up there but I KNEW i was there. Last night I had a dream that Old comiskey was filled to it's capacity and Fisk hit a grand slam. I also even had a conversation with Nancy Faust. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I asked her if Fisk was a good guy. She said he is all right and that she tried to make a change in NA NA NA NA once after one of his homers and Fisk looked up at her and waved. Then the same dream but I was in the stands she played Run around Sue (remember when everyone used to sing WO WO, OH OH OH OH OH OH during a pitching change. I was the only one singing it and I was pissed cause I love to hear 40,000 fans singing that, I've had a few about the new Comiskey as well usually trying to get fo;ul balls. Am I a nut case or do others have dreams about the Sox and being at the ballpark. I actually enjoy these dreams.

So, you are dealing with the uncertainty around the White Sox franchise now. You were up in the offices, which should be crowded with people doing their jobs and running this franchise, but strangely you found it empty and yourself alone. You feel very abandoned by the White Sox management.

You are also concerned about finding a new manager. You are very intrigued by the idea of Carlton Fisk coming back to the organization. You feel he could be the one to take the White Sox all the way, (as shown by the "grand slam" and the old stadium filled to capacity), but you have serious questions about him as a person (asking Nancy if he was a good guy). In your time of need and uncertainty you turned to the one constant for the Sox over the years and that is Nancy Faust. She represents a stability that you wish could help you find more certainty in your experience as a Sox fan.

Adding to your sense of uncertainty and abandonment is the fact that you feel other Sox fans are not as connected as you and are deserting the cause in its darkest hour (Not singing along with you, when you just wanted to hear them all sing). More than anything this makes you sad.

You really just want things to go back to the way they were when you were at Old Comiskey as a child. When life was simple and you were unconcerned with things like payroll and management. You believed all the players were great and loved to play the game more than anything. You believed that the next day would always bring the key win that would lead the Sox to greatness.

Now as you get older, you are starting to feel detached from that and wish for a simpler time when life as a Sox fan was about enjoyment and fun.

mike squires
10-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Wow, That was great, but I forgot to mention one thing. Nancy was naked. what does that mean?! :D:

FarmerAndy
10-06-2003, 11:40 AM
Wow, That was great, but I forgot to mention one thing. Nancy was naked. what does that mean?! :D:

Paging Dr. Frued. :D:

dougs78
10-06-2003, 11:44 AM

Surely something about your mother and your unresolved oedipal issues....

but that would take years of in depth psychoanalysis to disentangle :D:

southsidegirl
10-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Once I dreamed that my parents died and Frank Thomas adopted me. I also dreamed that I was alone in the dugout and Jon Garland was sitting at the other end icing his arm.

mike squires
10-06-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
Once I dreamed that my parents died and Frank Thomas adopted me. I also dreamed that I was alone in the dugout and Jon Garland was sitting at the other end icing his arm.

Allright Dougs..start analyzing!

LongLiveFisk
10-06-2003, 04:50 PM
I have dreams every so often of sitting in Old Comiskey Park and everything seems normal..it's not like I'm thinking, "Hey, when did the old ballpark come back?" One weird thing that I dream about a lot is getting foul balls. Which is weird because I have gotten two in my life. Maybe I'm just greedy and want more! :smile:

And I happen to have a psychology degree myself, but I don't know if I want to delve into the subconscious meanings of all these things!

LuvSox
10-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Luis Aparicio came to me in a dream. He was shirtless, "TomJones.com" was written across his big belly. He kept telling me to go to ebay and bid on the first season of "Chico & The Man" on vhs. Then he faded away singing "It's Not Unusual."

I don't get it.

Corkinator
10-06-2003, 07:05 PM
A few weeks back when the sox were in first, I had a reoccuring dream about Smokey Burgess coming up to pinch hit. Who's talking?? Is that Jack...Jack Brickhouse???

dougs78
10-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl

Not as much too work with here. But clearly shows that you value the white sox and particularly Frank Thomas. They have always been there for you to entertain or take you away from lifes troubles. Watching the team play is a real refuge from reality for you.

And as for Garland sitting in the dugout icing his arm....him sitting so far away from you even though no one else is in the dugout shows the divide you feel between you and he. You have strong feelings for him, but the ice symbolizes what you think of as his rejection.

(See, the really funny part of this is that you could tell me you hate Jon Garland and I can just say its all unconscious!) :cool:

dougs78
10-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Luis Aparicio came to me in a dream. He was shirtless, "TomJones.com" was written across his big belly. He kept telling me to go to ebay and bid on the first season of "Chico & The Man" on vhs. Then he faded away singing "It's Not Unusual."

I don't get it.

So you're the guy who bought that video from me on ebay...
:D:

mike squires
10-06-2003, 08:52 PM
We could always add a new forum to the mix. We'd call it "The Sandman" and Dougs disects all our dreams. What do you think?

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-06-2003, 08:53 PM
i had a dream about the sox too. reading all these posts about what they might do to comiskey during the next few off seasons must have made me think about it. The season was over but we were going to the park for some reason. tons of people were in the stands even though there was no game, but it was all new and renovated sort of like soldier field. i was getting autographs from carl everett and frank thomas. pretty weird

bc2k
10-06-2003, 08:54 PM
I also have a recurring dream about the White Sox--actually it's more of a Comiskey Park dream. I'm using the shower behind the left field bleachers. Do I categorize this as a wet dream?

konerkopeachy
10-06-2003, 09:05 PM
I had a dream that Mark Buehrle was teaching me to hula dance, and he was dressed in a coconut bra and a grass skirt....his bra came off and he went "OOOH NO." and then Kool-Aid man busted through the wall and went "OOOOH YEAH!"

....what does this mean?

Daver
10-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
I had a dream that Mark Buehrle was teaching me to hula dance, and he was dressed in a coconut bra and a grass skirt....his bra came off and he went "OOOH NO." and then Kool-Aid man busted through the wall and went "OOOOH YEAH!"

....what does this mean?

Lay off the Hamms for a few days?

:)

konerkopeachy
10-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Lay off the Hamms for a few days?

:)

*sigh* Only if I was of age my friend, only if.