PDA

View Full Version : Renovations

THE_HOOTER
10-05-2003, 09:06 PM
I have no idea what they are doing to the park this offseason, but whoever posted that they are taking out the first ten rows in the upper deck behind homeplate is either lying or trying to be a funny guy.

I drove by there today, and nothing has been done.

duke of dorwood
10-05-2003, 09:19 PM
There were rows of seats removed-I saw them from the train 4 times. If they put them back, I have not been by there since Thursday, But some behind the plate, and some along first were out.

CHISOXFAN13
10-05-2003, 09:39 PM
I live three blocks away and toiok a good look the last two days. There is a couple of rows of empty seats directly behind home plate and near the first base dugout. If you don't look from where thre Duke is looking or on the east side of the 35th Street exit on the Dan Ryan, you cant see anything.

guillen4life13
10-05-2003, 10:06 PM
weren't there rumors that they were getting green seats this offseason?

Daver
10-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

Changing the color of the seats ought to be good for at least 10 wins.

guillen4life13
10-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Daver

lol

Viva Magglio
10-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Daver

Which means we're in the playoffs next fall...

But I am not sure they will spare the expense of replacing the seats. They cost about $100 apiece meaning it would cost over $1M.

MRKARNO
10-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

But I am not sure they will spare the expense of replacing the seats. They cost about $100 apiece meaning it would cost over $1M.

Would painting them be a viable option?

The worst is that we probably wont know what is gonna happen until early next year like what happened last year

Irishsox1
10-06-2003, 08:23 AM
I drive by the stadium every day and they are ripping out seats. Upper deck, last 15 to 20 rows. However, they just started and not that much has been ripped out yet.

jabrch
10-06-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
I drive by the stadium every day and they are ripping out seats. Upper deck, last 15 to 20 rows. However, they just started and not that much has been ripped out yet.

How many rows are there in the UD? I thought 28 or something?

hold2dibber
10-06-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

No - just wishful thinking by some people.

Brian26
10-06-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
No - just wishful thinking by some people.

Bull.

I posted this after Soxfest last January. I stood there and heard a Sox representative tell Joe Borchard about the changes, which included green seats.

CHISOXFAN13
10-06-2003, 10:10 AM
For those of us hoping to hang on to a memory of the blue seats and the upper deck you can forget it.

It looks like the removed seats are being demolished near the player's lot.

DAMNDAMN

MRKARNO
10-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1

Either A. the White sox are gonna change all of the seats or B. the Upper deck is in for bigger changes than just a chop off

dickallen15
10-06-2003, 10:32 AM
If they were chopping off the top ten rows, they would have to remove 15-20 rows of seats to give them room to work, and make sure they didn't damage those seats.

rmusacch
10-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Try over $4M

hold2dibber
10-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Bull.

I posted this after Soxfest last January. I stood there and heard a Sox representative tell Joe Borchard about the changes, which included green seats.

Well, I stand corrected. Of course, that makes my post wrong, not bull (which implies a lie or attempt to mislead). So now you stand correct, too. :smile:

But I still have my doubts about that happening - and I personally think it would be a total waste of money. Would I prefer blue or green seats? Green, without a doubt. But I think there are a lot of other, better things they could do with that money.

Brian26
10-06-2003, 01:53 PM
Well, I stand corrected. Of course, that makes my post wrong, not bull (which implies a lie or attempt to mislead). So now you stand correct, too. :smile:

Sorry about that. I'm just a bit testy after last night.

soxruleEP
10-06-2003, 02:04 PM
They are going to extend the upper deck closer to the field behind home plate. Now whether that will a true extension of the deck (like when they added the few rows in the lower deck and made them AA, BB, and CC instead of i 2 & 3) or a new part of the CLub Level remains to be seen.

joecrede
10-06-2003, 02:05 PM

But I still have my doubts about that happening - and I personally think it would be a total waste of money. Would I prefer blue or green seats? Green, without a doubt. But I think there are a lot of other, better things they could do with that money.

I've posted this here before, but what I was told was they want green seats, but to help finance them they first need to find a buyer for the current seats. Not sure if they have or not.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-06-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
I've posted this here before, but what I was told was they want green seats, but to help finance them they first need to find a buyer for the current seats. Not sure if they have or not.

Well, we can rule out the Brooklyn Dodgers as potential buyers. :smile:

:reinsy
"Feh... why do you think our seats are blue in the first place?"

LuvSox
10-06-2003, 02:23 PM

I'd buy 4 of them. :D:

"At $800,000 each, that should cover it. And another thing Mr. LuvSox, I'm charging you for using the Sox in your username. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I AM KING OF THE WORLD, bring me your finest meats and chesses!!!!!!!"

joecrede
10-06-2003, 02:54 PM
How can you not love an outfit where they may find it easier to sell the physical seat than it is to sell a ticket to that seat!

duke of dorwood
10-06-2003, 07:24 PM
And to update again-the whole top 10 rows from behind the plate 2 sections towards first base were out today.

GoSox2K3
10-06-2003, 08:48 PM

I'm selling some of them to the Tribune Co. Since they're not following my small market approach to baseball, they're going to need a bunch of seats in Grant Park at the end of October.