PDA

View Full Version : In other news... Twins looking awfully sick.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Facing elimination in Game 4 tomorrow. Clemens was mowing them down.

Funniest shot? They were showing homemade banners hanging along the railing inside the HumpDome during the Twins' failed ninth inning rally. There's this one banner waving like a flag in the breeze. It was waving so much you couldn't even read it.

The culprit? One of those "everybody cheats" ventilation fans.

Wha wa wa wa... waaa-waaa-waaa-waaa...

:notwinks

doublem23
10-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Sometimes rooting for the Yankees doesn't feel all bad. :)

WinningUgly!
10-05-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Funniest shot? They were showing homemade banners hanging along the railing inside the HumpDome during the Twins' failed ninth inning rally. There's this one banner waving like a flag in the breeze. It was waving so much you couldn't even read it.

Matthew LeCroy & Jacque Jones had some pretty decent wind production themselves in the 9th inning, while swinging & missing at Mariano Rivera pitches.

fhqwhgads
10-05-2003, 11:52 AM
It's currently playing out like the Oakland-Twins series last year. I feel pretty confident with Santana taking the mound today. Game 5 in New York... :o:

We'll just wait and see.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-05-2003, 01:37 PM
*Assuming* the Twins get as far as Game 5, the Ghosts of Yankee Stadium can be counted on to make up for whatever "luck" or "skill" got Minnesota that far. Umpires simply do not call strike 3 when guys like Derek Jeter are standing at the dish in decisive games in the House that Ruth Built. Your goose is probably already cooked, just for having lost Game 3. That was the decisive one to win--at least for Minnesota.

Dadawg_77
10-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
It's currently playing out like the Oakland-Twins series last year. I feel pretty confident with Santana taking the mound today. Game 5 in New York... :o:

We'll just wait and see.

Hey we have a seat by the hot stove.

DrCrawdad
10-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads

We'll just wait and see.

After the Sox lost the AL Central, I rooted for the Twins. My rooting for the Twins was probably the thing that did them in. If only I could use that touch on the Cubbies. However rooting for the Cubbies goes against my DNA. My dad was a HUGE baseball fan but he NEVER ONCE went to The Shrine and I'm sure that he would not even watch them in the post-season. My grandfather (dad's dad) was just as much of a Sox fan.

DonkeyKongerko
10-06-2003, 11:39 AM
I think there's a sense of AL Central pride during the playoffs because ever year we have to hear about how weak our division is. With the Twins and Sox probably losing some big name players, the AL Central will probably lose even more face in the American League. I also do not think the Royals will be able to reproduce the kind of season they had in 2003 especially because most of it was because of a hot start against the unprepared opposition.

Hangar18
10-06-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Wha wa wa wa... waaa-waaa-waaa-waaa...

:notwinks

Wish I wouldve seen that shot.....just for a laugh.
I wonder if Fgerwasdgassghn saw that heh heh. to be truthful, I was pulling for the Twinks, but what Really Hurt them was the Lack of just one more Big Starter. I think if they couldve Had a Decent Pitcher out there, this series Couldve Gone Either Way.
the Twins, this year, Got PRIORED heh heh.
WHERES PRIOR?

fhqwhgads
10-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Yep, I saw the breezy banners. However, the banners were flapping during both halves of those innings, so no foul play was afoot.

Glad to see that there are a couple of AL Central fans around here!

See you in 2004. Wonder if our teams will be recognizable... :(: