PDA

View Full Version : Two new managerial candidates

Steve Bartman
10-04-2003, 01:29 PM
In last weeks edition of U.S.A. Today's: Sports Weekly, they said that the White Sox are looking to interview George Brett and Robin Yount for the managerial position.

soxtalker
10-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
In last weeks edition of U.S.A. Today's: Sports Weekly, they said that the White Sox are looking to interview George Brett and Robin Yount for the managerial position.

Anyone know what these two have been doing in terms of coaching or managing?

RKMeibalane
10-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Anyone know what these two have been doing in terms of coaching or managing?

Yount is a coach for the Diamondbacks. Brett has helped with the Royals during Spring Training in the past, though he didn't this season.

soxtalker
10-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Yount is a coach for the Diamondbacks. Brett has helped with the Royals during Spring Training in the past, though he didn't this season.

So, if the story is indeed accurate, what is it about them that makes them particularly interesting to KW? It doesn't sound like they have extensive coaching/managing credentials, and they don't have past links to the Sox like Ozzie. Or is it that they are the ones that have expressed interest?

SoxxoS
10-04-2003, 02:45 PM
I don't know, but who doesn't think George Brett will be a good manger? Talk about a scrapper.

Remember we were trying to intentionally walk him one game, and our pitcher didn't throw the pitch outside enough, and Brett poked it down the line for a two run double? That was awesome. I was probably only 10 years old then, and I still remember it.

cornball
10-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
So, if the story is indeed accurate, what is it about them that makes them particularly interesting to KW? It doesn't sound like they have extensive coaching/managing credentials, and they don't have past links to the Sox like Ozzie. Or is it that they are the ones that have expressed interest?

I dont see Yount as managerial material, (because of articulation) but i do see Brett. Both HOF, possible upside to either canidate is FA would want to play for them.

GoSox2K3
10-04-2003, 03:57 PM
[i]Two new managerial candiates. [/B]

I thought you were going to say Ribbie and Rhubarb

:reinsy
I always did like those two!

jabrch
10-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I don't know, but who doesn't think George Brett will be a good manger? Talk about a scrapper.

Remember we were trying to intentionally walk him one game, and our pitcher didn't throw the pitch outside enough, and Brett poked it down the line for a two run double? That was awesome. I was probably only 10 years old then, and I still remember it.

Talk about a great way to piss off the Royals!

I'd rather someone with managerial experience at some level...prefereably MLB, but even a strong minor league manager rather than someone who has never managed before.

TornLabrum
10-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911

Knowing the Sox, they're probably interested in Ken Brett.

LuvSox
10-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Isn't Brett in the KC front office? Wow, the thought of him as Sox skipper gives me hope!

thepaulbowski
10-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Isn't Brett in the KC front office? Wow, the thought of him as Sox skipper gives me hope!

The thought of him as the new skipper make me giddy, kind of like schoolgirl :D:

LuvSox
10-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
The thought of him as the new skipper make me giddy, kind of like schoolgirl :D:

Hey, quit ripping off my newspaper quotes! :)