PDA

View Full Version : Sad sign of the times

MRKARNO
10-04-2003, 06:44 AM
The white sox had no article in either major newspaper for the first time in almost 7 months or more

chisoxt
10-04-2003, 07:09 AM
uhh......OK, but what would that article be about that hasn't been written in the past week.

Thunderstruck30
10-04-2003, 11:57 PM
Well is there anything Sox related to write about other than something about managerial candidates?

gosox41
10-05-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The white sox had no article in either major newspaper for the first time in almost 7 months or more

Wait until after the offseaon. I figure the Sox to be making a lot of personnel changes so I can see a lot of coverage. Until then, we'll just have to live with all the Cubs hype. At least basketball starts soon.

Bob

Dan H
10-05-2003, 07:28 AM
No reason to think anything much should be written about the Sox. They're not in the playoffs, are they? That's the toughest thing about the Cubs winning. As long as they are contending for the World Series, the Sox will be an afterthought. Face it. That is to be expected.

hsnterprize
10-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
No reason to think anything much should be written about the Sox. They're not in the playoffs, are they? That's the toughest thing about the Cubs winning. As long as they are contending for the World Series, the Sox will be an afterthought. Face it. That is to be expected. Hate to say it, but Dan's right. As long as the Cubs are still playing, the Sox won't get much if any ink. Maybe it's a good thing that KW isn't gonig to make any announcements about the new Sox manager until after the World Series. Not that he's thinking the Cubs will make it to that point, but it assures the Sox will be some decent attention for their decision instead of it being on the backburner after a ton of "Cub-love".

MRKARNO
10-05-2003, 10:07 AM
I only sad it was sad, not that the sox deserved any coverage