PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Fish - Gain'ts Game 3 NLDS

FarWestChicago
10-03-2003, 06:39 PM
:ray

I've still got warning track power!!

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2003, 07:02 PM
Pitching around Bonds in the 9th with no one on base...smart move, I guess, but a bit disappointing to us casual fans of this series.

FarWestChicago
10-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Pitching around Bonds in the 9th with no one on base...smart move, I guess, but a bit disappointing to us casual fans of this series. Uhhh casual, cheeses??? We're looking for somebody to take care of some business the not so mighty Braves might leave unfinished. :o:

LuvSox
10-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Uhhh casual, cheeses??? We're looking for somebody to take care of some business the not so mighty Braves might leave unfinished. :o:

Exactly. And the Marlins bats are dead again.

SoxxoS
10-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Unbelieveable finish. Good for the Fish. They can win the W.S., and go to the playoffs, but we can't even get a win in a playoff game. Embarrassing.

I don't know what to think...I think the Flubbies can beat the Marlins if it gets to that point...I am getting nervous.

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Yep, the road is being paved for the Flubbies to win the WS.

-Marlins in the NLCS, Flubs will beat 'em.
-Twins in the WS, Flubs will beat 'em.

:chunks

Viva Magglio
10-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Yep, the road is being paved for the Flubbies to win the WS.

-Marlins in the NLCS, Flubs will beat 'em.
-Twins in the WS, Flubs will beat 'em.

:chunks

Actually, I'm not sure the Cubs can beat the Fish...not that I want to see the Cubs get there and find out.

WhiteSox = Life
10-03-2003, 09:57 PM
I was cursing at Conine, who was clearly doing the same at himself. I don't care if it's a cold Chicago night in April or an afternoon August game in Arizona, you hustle on every play, no matter what. Conine was Mannying it and he's lucky the Marlins pulled through, or despite his home run robbing catch, he would have been the goat.

However, at bats and plays like what happened in the Marlins/Giants game breeds fun playoff baseball. Even if the teams don't execute very well, it's still exciting to watch.

I'm glad the Marlins won, anyway.

:smile: