PDA

View Full Version : Are the A's that good ?

Hangar18
10-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Im watching their Pitching, and thinking man ......these guys are
Good ..............memo to KW

Randar68
10-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Red Sox vs. Oakland = White Sox vs. Seattle...

Pitching beats hitting.

pudge
10-03-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Pitching beats hitting.

Yep, Oakland's time has finally come. Too bad they don't have Mulder. I can't wait to watch the BoSox get eliminated.

34 Inch Stick
10-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Zito is definitely that good. There are not many pitchers with his type of ability in all of baseball. Hudson is solid also. I think you will see a different story with Lilly and Harden in Boston. Expect this one to go 5.

FarWestChicago
10-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Zito is definitely that good. There are not many pitchers with his type of ability in all of baseball. Hudson is solid also. I think you will see a different story with Lilly and Harden in Boston. Expect this one to go 5. Yep, with Mulder out the A's have some problems. Of course, if the Twinks beat the Skanks it doesn't matter anyway. The Twinks not only own the A's, they are Hudson's parents. They beat him like a red headed stepchild...

kempsted
10-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Zito is definitely that good. There are not many pitchers with his type of ability in all of baseball. Hudson is solid also. I think you will see a different story with Lilly and Harden in Boston. Expect this one to go 5.
Nope A's in 4 at the most. :smile: Harden is not supposed to start that is why they have in the bullpen. It is Hudson who will take game 4 if necessary.

JRIG
10-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Considering KW gave the A's their 2 best arms out of the bullpen, I'm sure he's aware how good the team is.

Dadawg_77
10-03-2003, 12:57 PM

Pitching beats hitting.

Yeah Pedro is a crap pitcher.

MarkEdward
10-03-2003, 01:00 PM
But the A's can't be good! Their payroll is only $50,000,000! Small market teams can't compete with the big guys...

JRIG
10-03-2003, 01:06 PM

Pitching beats hitting.

Originally posted by Dadawg_77

Yeah Pedro is a crap pitcher.

Let's not forget that in 2000, the M's started Garcia (3.91 ERA), Abbott (4.22 ERA), and Sele (4.51 ERA). Hardly a rotation that strikes fear into the heart of men. It's not as if we were defeated before we even started. We just didn't hit worth a crap.

And if pitching beats hitting, why have the Braves have only one World Series to show for their 12 years of pitching dominance?

jabrch
10-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
But the A's can't be good! Their payroll is only $50,000,000! Small market teams can't compete with the big guys...

Not when they have 30mm combined committed to a 1B a DH and a RF. Notice they have a club built around pitching and defense? You want to pay/play like a small team, build your team small. You can't pay/play small, but try and pound the ball around....not wise in my eyes.

Dadawg_77
10-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Not when they have 30mm combined committed to a 1B a DH and a RF. Notice they have a club built around pitching and defense? You want to pay/play like a small team, build your team small. You can't pay/play small, but try and pound the ball around....not wise in my eyes.

The A's are built around pitching and OBP.

FarWestChicago
10-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Notice they have a club built around pitching and defense? :?: What defense? Chavez can throw some leather, but that's about it in the infield.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:?: What defense? Chavez can throw some leather, but that's about it in the infield.

Oh God, here comes the old "pitching and defense" yarn from Sox Fans again. We are doomed to support the only franchise in MLB who still thinks the deadball era is about to make a comeback. :smile:

Pitching, si! Defense, no! Lo comprende?