PDA

View Full Version : Article I predicted would be Written ....Has come true


Hangar18
10-03-2003, 11:54 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-0310030048oct03,1,4392004.story?coll=chi-leisuretempo-hed


Who said the Chicago media wasnt PREDICTABLE ?? I predicted this story back in January of 2003.

Rocky Soprano
10-03-2003, 12:00 PM
They should ask him what toilet paper he uses to wipe his ass, maybe they could offer their tounges instead!

What a waste of space!

Unregistered
10-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Wow. Can't really say I'm surprised, but somehow I still am.

AWESOME journalism right there, Trib. (no need for teal. too obvious.)

Hangar18
10-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Wow. Can't really say I'm surprised, but somehow I still am.

AWESOME journalism right there, Trib. (no need for teal. too obvious.)

This Looked like one of those ADVERTISEMENTS that is Printed to resemble a Newspapers Font so that one can think it wsa a Legitimate Article. at the top of the article, and all around it....there should be the words "ADVERTISEMENT" on it.

The Chicago Tribune...Lies, Deception, Propoganda

DrCrawdad
10-03-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-0310030048oct03,1,4392004.story?coll=chi-leisuretempo-hed


Who said the Chicago media wasnt PREDICTABLE ?? I predicted this story back in January of 2003.

Great one Hangar!

You should post the link to your original prediction.

How long before they're selling these at The Shrine?

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2003, 12:35 PM
There's also a great Mike Kiley column today telling Cub fans exactly what to wear, and how to root at the ball game.

Cubune's going all out today, I tell ya.

Hangar18
10-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
There's also a great Mike Kiley column today telling Cub fans exactly what to wear, and how to root at the ball game.

Cubune's going all out today, I tell ya.

Lemmings, Sheep, and Frat-Boys all need some type
of Direction. After they OBEY their commands, Kiley will write an article tomorrow on how the fans are so "faithful", they
all wore blue and how That Compares to Cardinal Fans who wear all RED, and how the cub fans are better because of it

Hangar18
10-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Im just waiting for little Darren Bakers "predictions". Dusty
will probably reach into his little "bag of tricks". If Cubs win, FlimFlam man will say that "Darren" told him they were going to win the game, prompting the "Awwwww hes cute" from the Media. the Media will go Hog Wild for it :smile:
If they lose.......FlimFlam man will say nothing

34 Inch Stick
10-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Can you tell us the headline the day after the world series so we can all benefit from your powers.

Hangar18
10-03-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Can you tell us the headline the day after the world series so we can all benefit from your powers.

****Pulls envelope from hermetically sealed jar *********
I predict .......... "World Rejoices !! Cubs Win !!"
sub headline though, will say:
"But Prior Injury feared career threatening-Earth Holds Breath"

" Chicago, Ill. (AP) 1st year manager/shaman Dusty Baker credits son Darren with Prediction of Victory nite before"

34 Inch Stick
10-03-2003, 01:39 PM
Even if I knew the outcome I probably would bet against the Cubs. How about the Super Bowl?

fuzzy_patters
10-03-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-0310030048oct03,1,4392004.story?coll=chi-leisuretempo-hed


Who said the Chicago media wasnt PREDICTABLE ?? I predicted this story back in January of 2003.

How soon before the Cubs decorate their old school ballpark with toothpick billboards?

Dick Allen
10-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Today Terry Boers referred to Mike Kiley as Sammy Sosa's cabana boy. Thought you'd get a laugh out of that.

whitesoxwilkes
10-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Even if I knew the outcome I probably would bet against the Cubs. How about the Super Bowl?

BUFFALOED!

BILLS TROUNCE EAGLES, 44-3.

Foulke You
10-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-0310030048oct03,1,4392004.story?coll=chi-leisuretempo-hed


Who said the Chicago media wasnt PREDICTABLE ?? I predicted this story back in January of 2003.

Nice catch Hangar! I remember that you mentioned multiple occasions about how the Tribune will be doing articles on which brand of toothpick Dusty Baker uses. It isn't surprising that your prediction came to pass but what is more surprising was that this article didn't run in April instead of October.

Of course, this compares to the article the Tribune ran back in 2000 on Jerry Manuel's favorite type of sunflower seeds.