PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Yanks/Twins ALDS game 2 thread

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm about to eat dinner and watch "Survivor," so I'll catch up in a bit...

Go...neither team!

MRKARNO
10-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Is it wrong to cheer for the twins? They definately earned it to be there even though they make a lot of bad comments and stir up a lot of garbage. I really want to see what Steinbrenner does if the yankees lose 1st round when the luxury tax goes up.

ChiSox21
10-02-2003, 07:35 PM
cuz u dont have to here about it from there fans

LuvSox
10-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Joe Buck is a very funny man.

oheeoh...magglio
10-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox21
cuz u dont have to here about it from there fans

Yeah, not to mention it's always a good thing when the Yankees lose, and it will be better this year because them losing will send The Boss into a psychopathic rage in which crazy things the likes of which have never been seen in sports will happen.

LuvSox
10-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Yeah, not to mention it's always a good thing when the Yankees lose, and it will be better this year because them losing will send The Boss into a psychopathic rage in which crazy things the likes of which have never been seen in sports will happen.

Like what, he spends outrageous amounts of money on guys like Bartolo Colon? They can win the Series again for all I care, as long as Colon stays put.

oheeoh...magglio
10-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Like what, he spends outrageous amounts of money on guys like Bartolo Colon? They can win the Series again for all I care, as long as Colon stays put.

If we don't sign Colon before November 1st, he gone no matter what. I don't think the Yankees success or failure will impact us resigning Bartolo.

LuvSox
10-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
If we don't sign Colon before November 1st, he gone no matter what. I don't think the Yankees success or failure will impact us resigning Bartolo.

Sure it will. Just like you said, King George will go ape **** if they don't win, like spending even more money.

oheeoh...magglio
10-02-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Sure it will. Just like you said, King George will go ape **** if they don't win, like spending even more money.

True, but I don't think there is much he can do before November 1st, and i'm just saying if we don't sign Bart before then, he will be gone no matter what anyways.

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2003, 08:58 PM
OK, now mind you, I'm NOT rooting for the Twins, but it certainly is "delicious" to see Jason Giambi whiff with 2 men on, and the crowd boo him heartily as a result.

:yankeearrogance

LuvSox
10-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
OK, now mind you, I'm NOT rooting for the Twins, but it certainly is "delicious" to see Jason Giambi whiff with 2 men on, and the crowd boo him heartily as a result.

:yankeearrogance

You're absolutely right. Giambi may be too smart to notice.

MRKARNO
10-02-2003, 09:40 PM
So I'm sitting watching the game thinking that I'm gonna cheer for the twins. But when the twins had a scoring opportunity I wanted the yanks to get out of it.

So then I'm sitting there thinking, ok maybe I actually do want the yanks to win. But when they got a scoring opportunity I wanted the twins to get out of it.

I can't cheer for either team because I dislike them both.

Go A's! (or the Red Sox if they pull it out).

I certainly wouldnt mind a bay series....

VeeckAsInWreck
10-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Choosing between the Yankees and Twins is like choosing between getting a bullet or an arrow to the groin! :o: (ouch!)

MRKARNO
10-02-2003, 09:52 PM
And the yankees take the lead 2-1

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2003, 09:52 PM
The wheels are falling off the cart for the Twins. Hawkins made a stupidly rushed throw to first, so instead of 2 outs, man on 2nd, it's 1 out, men on 2nd and 3rd.

Daver
10-02-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Choosing between the Yankees and Twins is like choosing between getting a bullet or an arrow to the groin! :o: (ouch!)

Really it depends on the bullet or the arrow,a .22 would be better than a broadhead anyday of the week.

:)

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Giambi gets a huge 2-rbi single.

4-1 Yanks. This one is over, folks.

FarWestChicago
Hawkins brought his "F" game...

LuvSox
LaTroy LaBlew tonight.

doublem23
10-02-2003, 09:56 PM
I'm so sad for LaTroy and the Twins. :whiner:

**** 'em.

MHOUSE
10-02-2003, 09:57 PM
WOW surprising Hawkins implosion. I was yelling for them to walk Giambi but they didn't listen. Even though he's in a slump, the guy is still clutch. No fun facing Bernie Williams next though.

MRKARNO
10-02-2003, 09:57 PM
4-1 yanks. This is probably gonna be a yanks winner

VeeckAsInWreck
10-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Really it depends on the bullet or the arrow,a .22 would be better than a broadhead anyday of the week.

:)

I won't test it, but I will take your word for it! :D:

flo-B-flo
10-02-2003, 10:22 PM
I have had utter hatred for the yankers for......well forever. After denying the Sox several times, George buys the team and then every other team are his minor league feeders. The twins are the big mouth cocky f*&#@ that we just can't, but will beat. This year will haunt me because the stankees are jus not as good as years past and I fear we missed a very big opportunity to WIN the world series. I hope every player on our roster watches some of this and realizes how a little more heart, a little more execution and we would be here b**** slapping the yankers while the twits watched with the envy I feel now.........sigh :(:

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Yankees won, but it was a rather sloppy game. soriano is terrible at 2b, but then again i rarely ever see the yankees play

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2003, 10:32 PM
<<shudder>>

God, I absolutely *despise* that Yankees radio broadcaster's call of "TheeeeeeeYankeesWin!"

Still, a little glass of **** for the Twins couldn't hurt, could it?

fhqwhgads
10-02-2003, 10:56 PM
:angry: Hawkins :angry:

Well, at least I'm guaranteed two games at home. :smile:

MHOUSE
10-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Boy LaTroy Hawkins sure sucks. Yeah the Twins had better not resign him, he's worthless. I mean I guess if he was out there the Sox could give him a chance. I mean just to see how things go.....