PDA

View Full Version : *** Official *** A's/Red Sox, ALDS Game 2 Thread (if anyone cares)

doublem23
10-02-2003, 03:30 PM
Jeez... Last night's marathon ends around midnight local and here we are, 13 hours later.

Both Zito and Wakefield look pretty sharp, so far.

MetalliSox
10-02-2003, 03:35 PM
I love Tim Wakefield, no, not like that.

He is so underrated. Don't think he has been up to par stat wise this season. (I don't have his stats in front of me) but last year he was near the top of the league in ERA and can do anything. Start, long relief, close.

MetalliSox
10-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Ramon Hernandez looking like an early candidate for post season MVP. I know it's only Game 2 of the ALDS.

1-0 A's, bottom of 2nd.

Ramon killed me fantasy wise last year. Picked him up as a FA in June this year when Santiago cooled off.

MetalliSox
10-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Sheesh, I post positives about Tim Wakefield and then gives up a 2 run double to Byrnes. Guess I have some bad voodoo vibes or something.

Maybe I should pull for Prior.

MetalliSox
10-02-2003, 03:51 PM
D'Angelo Walker playing 2B for the Carmines. Throws a grounder that would of ended the inning away. 2 more runs score. 5-0 A's, top of the 3rd.

Ben Affleck must be crying like a litle bit...baby.

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Ah, the poor, suffering Red Sox fans will have much gnashing of teeth over yet another postseason failing...

SAY CHOWDAH!

:chunks

Hokiesox
10-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Darnit, I was genuinely rooting for the red sawx to win it all. Guess I'll keep perfecting my tomahawk chop....

LuvSox
10-02-2003, 04:25 PM
The Red Sox released their team barber.

thepaulbowski
10-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Ben Affleck must be crying like a litle bit...baby.

Awww...boor Bennifer :whiner:

hold2dibber
10-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Why the hell is Macha using Foulke in the 9th? He threw 51 pitches last night!!! They're up by four runs!!!! Why not have Bradford throw another inning? If I were him, I'd let Foulke rest for the day after his extended performance last night.

voodoochile
10-02-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Why the hell is Macha using Foulke in the 9th? He threw 51 pitches last night!!! They're up by four runs!!!! Why not have Bradford throw another inning? If I were him, I'd let Foulke rest for the day after his extended performance last night.

Because they don't have Paniagua .

Why not ensure they go 2-0? They have an off day tomorrow anyway...

HawkDJ
10-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Why not ensure they go 2-0? They have an off day tomorrow anyway...

If that was the Sox and Manuel had made that move, you would be going crazy right now.

doublem23
10-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
If that was the Sox and Manuel had made that move, you would be going crazy right now.

Manuel wouldn't be using Foulke to close because he "didn't believe in him."

Thank god he doesn't have a job.

Although, in truth, I don't know how much voodoo would go crazy. I can think of a handful of people here who would, though.

voodoochile
10-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ

Yes, because that would mean they rehired him. :D:

In all seriousness, I think the playoffs are a different animal. You play to win every game like it was the final one and let the chips fall where they may. Tomorrow is an off day, so Foulke should be fine to pitch on Saturday for an inning if needed. I don't think a 4 run lead in a must win game calls for a setup man or a middle reliever either.

The way the other series is shaping up, they will get at least one more day off before having to start the ALCS anyway.

I admit I would have been a little more ticked at allowing the closer to throw 3 innings last night in a tied ballgame, but you cannot argue with the results. That is hindsight though so it is hard for me to say that I am completely objective in my reply.