PDA

View Full Version : Retained Coaches and Future Managers

fledgedrallycap
10-02-2003, 03:23 PM
I have been reading and listening to a lot of complaining regarding the Sox decision to retain the services of Cooper & Walker, thus decrementing the Soxís chance in landing a big name manager. My question is, didnít the Cubs do the same damn thing last year and land Dusty Baker?

In addition, if the Sox were fortunate to land a big name manager like a LaRussa, Torre, etc.; donít you think if the only flaw holding up negotiations is Gregg Walker he would be re-assigned in a heartbeat?

Letís use common senseÖ

voodoochile
10-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Can you please make an effort to reply to threads that are already started that are about these topics instead of starting new threads?

KingXerxes
10-10-2003, 10:37 AM
As far as choosing a managerial candidate goes, I for one would love to see the White Sox utilize all of the technological advances that our society has been making in past twenty years or so.

Years ago, the radio announcer at a game was also typically the public address announcer at the stadium. He would stop broadcasting to the radio audience just long enough to announce the new pitcher or pinch hitter - the sound of these announcements would come over the radio - and then the PA announcer/broadcaster would return to his duties on the radio.

With wireless technology, instant messaging and speed of light processing - I honestly see no reason why the jobs of PA Announcer, Radio Announcer, Television Broadcaster, and Manager can't all be combined. Hell, give Harrelson the reigns - and let him appoint Farmer as pitching coach and radio color commentary, Rooney as bench coach and radio play by play, and Darrin Jackson as third base coach and television color commentary.

:hawk

"Yessir...................mercy...........now to all you folks at home, I know we've had a couple of problems with our first couple of broadcasts, but we think we've got the problems all straightened out. I love this new format."

:farmer

"HEY HAWK! I THINK WE SHOULD THROW A PITCHOUT ON THIS NEXT PITCH. THE RUNNER LOOKS LIKE HE"S GOING TO TAKE OFF!"

:rooney

"Damn it Farmer, you hit the PA switch again. Now everybody - including the opposition knows a pitch out is coming."

:DJ

"This sucks."

:hawk

"Mercy..............now to all you folks at home lemme talk to my sidekick/third base coach here for a second..............Now DJ I'm surprised to hear you say that............this is the way Mr. Reinsdorf wants it done around here and that's the way I'm gonna do it.................I love Jerry Reinsdorf............he a good man."

:farmer

"WELL IT LOOKS AS THOUGH....................HEY GUYS..............GUYS I THINK MY PA ADDRESS BUTTON IS STUCK........GUYS?"

FarWestChicago
10-10-2003, 11:51 AM
OMG, now that's the way a game should be done!!

:)