PDA

View Full Version : Old Jay M. Article

Rocky Soprano
10-02-2003, 02:43 PM
At the beginning of the season he wrote an article saying that the Sox Fans where the better fans. Does anyone have this saved?

If so can you please share it with me?

Thanks!

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Here's our thread on the column. Unfortunately, the Sun-Times doesn't keep columns up on their site for very long.

You might want to do a search on the Sox MLB.com board around the date of this, as they often post entire articles/columns without repercussion.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=18309&s=&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&display=show

(edit: found a post on the MLB board where someone copies and pastes the entire Jay article:

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-whitesox&msg=15466.1 )

Rocky Soprano
10-02-2003, 03:19 PM
Thank You Very Much.

I owe you some beers! :gulp:

ewokpelts
10-02-2003, 09:13 PM
why were u looking for that article?
Gene

Rocky Soprano
10-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Some of my Cub friends and I were having a friendly discussion about the differences of a Sox fan vs a Cubs fan and I brought up this article and they did not believe me that Mariotti wrote such an article.

Hangar18
10-03-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Some of my Cub friends and I were having a friendly discussion about the differences of a Sox fan vs a Cubs fan and I brought up this article and they did not believe me that Mariotti wrote such an article.

another reason I love my Sox fan brothers. We dont simply argue to hear ourselves. We state our thesis, present our evidence, and back the argument. cub fans base thesis on Lies, present distorted evidence, then come up with answers that dont make sense. Cub fan arguments are like the parent team, all based in Lies, Propoganda, and Deceit

Rocky Soprano
10-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Very true Hangar.

When I was bringing up some of the points in the article, they said that us Sox fans are just haters and always full of hot air.

Now that I showed them the article, they only thing they could say was how Jay's prediction for the Sox record was way off.

Hangar18
10-03-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Very true Hangar.

When I was bringing up some of the points in the article, they said that us Sox fans are just haters and always full of hot air.

Now that I showed them the article, they only thing they could say was how Jay's prediction for the Sox record was way off.

Do you see the amount of work you had to do to OFFSET that Myth about sox fans? Where do you think cub fans get their always wrong assumptions from ? Every time a Morrissey, and others, write an Article about how Sox fans are "Haters and full of Hot Air", you can be sure some stupid Frat-Boy, Yuppie, Lincoln Pk Trixie (apologies to female Sox Fans who live in LP) is going to Throw that in our face, then we have to Return Fire and Prove Innocence. Its tough. but must be done

Rocky Soprano
10-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Do you see the amount of work you had to do to OFFSET that Myth about sox fans? Where do you think cub fans get their always wrong assumptions from ? Every time a Morrissey, and others, write an Article about how Sox fans are "Haters and full of Hot Air", you can be sure some stupid Frat-Boy, Yuppie, Lincoln Pk Trixie (apologies to female Sox Fans who live in LP) is going to Throw that in our face, then we have to Return Fire and Prove Innocence. Its tough. but must be done

Absolutely! I would never let a Flub fan get the best of me or any Sox fan.

I do have to give credit to this site and many great fans, like yourself, that provide me with my ammo that I use.