PDA

View Full Version : Why do we waste Foulke???????

MaggPipes
08-29-2001, 10:24 PM
It doesn't make sense to me.....if you didin't pitch him last night why tonight??? Bring in Pulsipher atleast.....JM.....you can really screw up a good night...REST FOULKE!!!

KempersRS
08-29-2001, 10:28 PM
Well, its a risky move, but he threw very few pitches. I think JM is depending on the Sox to whoop on the Tigs tomorrow and not need Foulke. He wants Foulke to be ready for the Tribe series, but not overrested or overworked. IF the Sox need him tomorrow, then using him today will have been a big mistake.

MaggPipes
08-29-2001, 10:29 PM
I see your point....who knows.,....maybe if it is a save situation tomorrow....you give it to either the Kipper.....or Bobby..........

Soxboyrob
08-30-2001, 10:08 AM
Has anyone considered that it is possible that the Sox might be "sticking it to" Foulke to some degree? He gets an easy save when he comes in w/ a 3 run lead, effectively increasing his salary on the arbitration and free agent market. The organization is a little worn out w/ him and KW stated yesterday that Foulke has turned down their final offer to extend him through the next two years.

He gets no save when he closes the game w/ a 5 run lead. Maybe they'll stop using him in leads of 2 or 3 and only save the guy for 1 run leads or big leads. It would have made perfect sense for him to close the game Tuesday and sit out last night. Maybe I'm just a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but it makes a little sense. Let's pay closer attention to the teams handling of the guy down the stretch.