PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of maggs!

eshunn2001
10-01-2003, 05:19 PM
What is with this get rid of Maggs stuff..... Stop It !!!!!!!!! I demand all of you to stop it now.

Foulke You
10-01-2003, 06:08 PM
I agree. I think the Cubs being in the post season has scrambled some Sox fan brains. There would be 25+ teams salivating at the prospect of getting a stud like Ordonez. You don't win championships by trading your best all around player.

voodoochile
10-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by eshunn2001
What is with this get rid of Maggs stuff..... Stop It !!!!!!!!! I demand all of you to stop it now.

What if they could get a stud SS and starting pitcher an still have money to resign Everett?

No one is untouchable for the right deal.

FarWestChicago
10-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
What if they could get a stud SS and starting pitcher an still have money to resign Everett?

No one is untouchable for the right deal. Who needs Maggs or Everett? Willie in center and Crash in right. That's got World Series stamped all over it. I know, I've read it here.

Win1ForMe
10-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

No one is untouchable for the right deal.

See, I've heard this proposed before but who is the "stud SS" and starting pitcher who you're proposing? I can't think of any teams with that duo?

voodoochile
10-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
See, I've heard this proposed before but who is the "stud SS" and starting pitcher who you're proposing? I can't think of any teams with that duo?

I would leave that to KW - I don't follow other teams well enough to make that suggestion. I was merely pointing out that there are scenarios where it would be acceptable. I would never be in favor of dumping Maggs to just save money. I want to get talent back.

Pedro and Nomar would be just fine, IMO... :D:

Daver
10-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Who needs Maggs or Everett? Willie in center and Crash in right. That's got World Series stamped all over it. I know, I've read it here.

You forgot the great Aaron Miles playing second base........

FarWestChicago
10-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Daver
You forgot the great Aaron Miles playing second base........ :o: My bad. Sorry!!

eshunn2001
10-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe

Exactly... Who are these Studs... I said I would for Nomar and Pedro

eshunn2001
10-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I agree. I think the Cubs being in the post season has scrambled some Sox fan brains. There would be 25+ teams salivating at the prospect of getting a stud like Ordonez. You don't win championships by trading your best all around player.

Thank you... I don't feel so alone anymore. P.S George Carlin is great....

Randar68
10-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Who needs Maggs or Everett? Willie in center and Crash in right. That's got World Series stamped all over it. I know, I've read it here.

You need to get back to posting more, FWC. Crash and every other minor league under-achiever is going lead us to the promised land. Don't forget, we need to dump Frank in lieu of Pauly Walnuts, too.

RichH55
10-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
You need to get back to posting more, FWC. Crash and every other minor league under-achiever is going lead us to the promised land. Don't forget, we need to dump Frank in lieu of Pauly Walnuts, too.

Have to dump frank since he can't throw! Duh:)

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
Have to dump frank since he can't throw! Duh

And win games relying on Danny Wright every fifth day.

Who could have predicted otherwise? :smile: