PDA

View Full Version : apologies to my fellow Sox fans

my5thbench
10-01-2003, 10:13 AM
much as I hate to, I find myself rooting for the Cubs & Twins,
as a life long Sox lover this is painful. I so dislike the Yankees
that year in & year out I want to see them make an early exit
& I am so tired of seeing the Braves in the show year after
year so I want to see them bounced as well.

I don't like the Twins & have tried to be uncaring when it comes to the Cubs......but ya' know having watched this Cub team
more than I normally do I have come to like Dusty Baker &
respect what he has done, I get a kick out of that Simon guy who coldcocked the sausage. Prior is terrific & I have liked
watching Grudzilanek hustle & scrape all year long. Thank
goodness they aren't all tools like Sammy.

So it is with great trepidation that this Sox fan proclaim a
rather mild mannerted go Cubs & send best wishes to all
the good Cub fans.............arrrrrrrrrrrgh!! some of those
Cub fans are actually friends of ours in real life

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 10:54 AM
as the great poet, Flavor Flav once said, Dont Believe The Hype.
I'll never believe. Me personally, would rather root for the Underdog, the Small Market Team, owned by the Small Time Owner, rather than the Big Market Team, owned by the Giant Media Corporation with money to burn. I prefer David to Goliath, but isnt it FUNNY how the media compares the GIANT BEHEMOTH OWNED cubs to David instead? Duped you too
I see. GO (insert team here) !!

soxnut
10-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I'll never believe. Me personally, would rather root for the Underdog, the Small Market Team, owned by the Small Time Owner, rather than the Big Market Team, owned by the Giant Media Corporation with money to burn. I prefer David to Goliath, but isnt it FUNNY how the media compares the GIANT BEHEMOTH OWNED cubs to David instead? Duped you too

I'M WITH YOU HANGAR18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would never root for the Cubs...........even if they were palying a Japanese team or the Taliban baseball team.......

my5thbench
10-01-2003, 11:05 AM
thanks Hangar....ya' got me laughing

nobody duped me I just saw some things to like about
this current Cubs team & really dislike the Braves &
Yanks

I ain't becoming a Cub fan by any stretch, just
enjoying their little run...I am sure that my dear
departed ol' man is busy enough for both of us
arguin' with his Cub fan friends up above

go go SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ASAP

TommyJohn
10-01-2003, 11:11 AM

I don't agree with your "conspiracy" posts, but I agree with you
on this one. The Cubs are a Goliath marketed as a David. In the
1950's Red Smith said rooting for the Yankees was like rooting
for U.S. Steel. I feel that way about the Cubs.

That being said, two things:

1. They made it, we didn't. Therefore I have no intention of
following the postseason except to check on and root for the
Yankees.

2. I need to stop reading Hangar's conspiracy posts. My head hurts.

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
I don't agree with your "conspiracy" posts, but I agree with you
on this one. The Cubs are a Goliath marketed as a David. In the
1950's Red Smith said rooting for the Yankees was like rooting
for U.S. Steel. I feel that way about the Cubs.

That being said, two things:

1. They made it, we didn't. Therefore I have no intention of
following the postseason except to check on and root for the
Yankees.

2. I need to stop reading Hangar's conspiracy posts. My head hurts.

heh heh. GO TeamDavid one thing about "conspiracies"............If theres a TON OF MONEY at stake,
Almost Anything can be Made to Happen. just dont be surprised
is all Im saying

cheeses_h_rice
10-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by my5thbench

I don't like the Twins & have tried to be uncaring when it comes to the Cubs......but ya' know having watched this Cub team
respect what he has done, I get a kick out of that Simon guy who coldcocked the sausage. Prior is terrific & I have liked

I'd sooner hack off all my limbs than root for the Cubs.

The Braves are my NL team. If they lose tonight, I think they're done for.

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-01-2003, 11:46 AM
I cannot believe it!
Root for the cubs.
NO WAY!! NEVER!

I'd prance around in a Green Bay Packers uniform before I would cheer the cubs for one pitch.
:gulp:

eshunn2001
10-01-2003, 02:22 PM
I would not root for the Cubs if a madman had my nutz taped to a table and was about to smash them with a sledge hammer.. Nuff said... F them and all they stand for.

voodoochile
10-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by eshunn2001
I would not root for the Cubs if a madman had my nutz taped to a table and was about to smash them with a sledge hammer.. Nuff said... F them and all they stand for.

I admire the attitude, but if that is me, GO FLUBBIES!

eshunn2001
10-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I admire the attitude, but if that is me, GO FLUBBIES!

LOL...

ssang
10-01-2003, 03:32 PM
I would root for a baseball team that had both Sadaam Heusien and Osama Bin Laden in their rotation LONG before I would even consider for a split second rooting for the Cubs. I was a little disappointed that Wrigley Field wasn't targeted in the terrorist attacks on 9/11!

voodoochile
10-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ssang
I would root for a baseball team that had both Sadaam Heusien and Osama Bin Laden in their rotation LONG before I would even consider for a split second rooting for the Cubs. I was a little disappointed that Wrigley Field wasn't targeted in the terrorist attacks on 9/11!

That is really sick. What makes you think that is funny or even remotely approprate?

I understand the anti-flubbie sentiment, but that is an extremely ridiculous viewpoint.

It is, IMO the dumbest comment ever made in these forums, congratulations.

DirtySouthsider
10-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Wow......Now I think you crossed the line with that one!!!!!

woodenleg
10-01-2003, 04:08 PM
...but only because I think it may be a parody of much of what is written here.

I'm willing to admit that I've entertained some evil, evil fantasies about Wrigley (usually involving termites or some other pestilence) but I would never dare post them here.

Besides, I'm sure Osama would make a good manager - look what he did for al-Qaeda!

Some pro-Flubs lurker will call up John Ashcroft now.

bc2k
10-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Looks like this thread is turning into a 'I'd rather..." thread. I'm game.

I'd rather see George Michael tail me into a public bathroom than cheer for the Cubs.

Sorry, I just saw something on George on E! yesterday.

ihatethecubs
10-01-2003, 04:23 PM
apology not accepted

IronFisk
10-01-2003, 04:27 PM
I just can't bring myself to it - way too much silver and black pride in me blood! I won't sacrifice my nutz over it though, but it would take something that extreme to make me convert!

Realize this...if the flubs do win it all...it is PURE HELL for us!! Please understand this!!! Go Braves, Go Giants, Go Fish, Go home flubs!!!

eshunn2001
10-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by IronFisk
I just can't bring myself to it - way too much silver and black pride in me blood! I won't sacrifice my nutz over it though, but it would take something that extreme to make me convert!

Realize this...if the flubs do win it all...it is PURE HELL for us!! Please understand this!!! Go Braves, Go Giants, Go Fish, Go home flubs!!!

Thank god I moved to California... I could not live in Chicago right now.. I would not want to be you guys right now. I would never EVER cheer for the CUBS no matter what...

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 05:29 PM
Thank god I moved to California... I could not live in Chicago right now.. I would not want to be you guys right now. I would never EVER cheer for the CUBS no matter what...

Eshunn, It is very tough being in this damn city right now. I will say this, Of all the Cub fans I know, I have to ADMIT THIS, but theyre not as wild and crazy as I expected. Yeah, im catching some stuff, but its not what I was expecting. ITS THE MEDIA THATS PEE-THEIR-PANTS, FRAT-Keg-Party WILD right now. Theyre the ones I cant handle in this town. Sox Fans are Literally AT GROUND ZERO. Some of us are holding up OK, but
the Worst is Yet to Come ........

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 05:36 PM

Eshunn and Everyone else, I did do something at Lunch that I think you all would be proud of. I was at a stoplite at Plainfield and Rt 83. Jeep in front of me had some cub window flags, a cub wheel cover, and cubbie plates. Car next to the Lady
was looking at the flags, Lady notices and smiles at them,
So I beeped my horn, they both look and I yelled "Cubs Suck".
Felt good in lowbrow way

bc2k
10-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Eshunn and Everyone else, I did do something at Lunch that I think you all would be proud of. I was at a stoplite at Plainfield and Rt 83. Jeep in front of me had some cub window flags, a cub wheel cover, and cubbie plates. Car next to the Lady
Felt good in lowbrow way

That made my day Hanger.

eshunn2001
10-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Felt good in lowbrow way

:whiner: Those are tears of joy my man....

eshunn2001
10-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Eshunn, It is very tough being in this damn city right now. I will say this, Of all the Cub fans I know, I have to ADMIT THIS, but theyre not as wild and crazy as I expected. Yeah, im catching some stuff, but its not what I was expecting. ITS THE MEDIA THATS PEE-THEIR-PANTS, FRAT-Keg-Party WILD right now. Theyre the ones I cant handle in this town. Sox Fans are Literally AT GROUND ZERO. Some of us are holding up OK, but
the Worst is Yet to Come ........

I wish those were the Cub fans I knew.. I get 7 or 8 calls a day on Cub updates from my Friends back there. And worst of all my own Father is a Flubs fan. My friend, this is only the begining. They just are not used to winning. They are not talking alot of trash now Because they are expecting to blow it. And if they do not win it, they don't want us to have any ammo on them.(like '98) I am hating Baseball life right now. :whiner: those are not tears of joy

Viva Magglio
10-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That is really sick. What makes you think that is funny or even remotely approprate?

I understand the anti-flubbie sentiment, but that is an extremely ridiculous viewpoint.

It is, IMO the dumbest comment ever made in these forums, congratulations.

You could not be more right, VC, but it reminds me of something Winston Churchill was believed to have said when Nazi Germany invaded Russia. Churchill was opposed to Communist Russia, but he pledged his full support to the USSR. In pledging, he supposedly said "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make an offer to the Devil to help him defeat Hitler."

Viva Magglio
10-01-2003, 06:05 PM

You need an exorcism:

"THE POWER OF MAGGS COMPELS YOU!!! THE POWER OF MAGGS COMPELS YOU!!!"

doublem23
10-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Felt good in lowbrow way

Ha ha... I hear ya. Last night some moron went around my dorm and wrote, "Cubs Win!" on every sheet of paper hanging, so, in anticipation of the inevitable; I've photocopied 100 "Cubs LOSE!" sheets that are ready to be taped up.

:smile:

CUBS SUCK! GO SOX (Next year)!

eshunn2001
10-01-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Ha ha... I hear ya. Last night some moron went around my dorm and wrote, "Cubs Win!" on every sheet of paper hanging, so, in anticipation of the inevitable; I've photocopied 100 "Cubs LOSE!" sheets that are ready to be taped up.

:smile:

CUBS SUCK! GO SOX (Next year)!

That is an incredible Idea... I think You should make a few hundred thousand and we all could get together and put them all around Chicago... Eh............ It sounded good before I said it..

Daver
10-01-2003, 09:32 PM

It was comments like this that got you booted from these forums once,are you trying for number 2?

wassagstdu
10-01-2003, 10:16 PM
I hate the Cubs with every fiber of my being. BUT ... they are a better team than the Sox. I mean, who do we have that is as good an all-around player as Kenny Lofton? The Grubs have better pitching, better fielding, more speed, comparable hitting. And we can only dream of having someone of the Hall of Fame caliber of the great Sammy Sosa, a veritable monument to the power of chemistry.

doublem23
10-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by wassagstdu
I hate the Cubs with every fiber of my being. BUT ... they are a better team than the Sox. I mean, who do we have that is as good an all-around player as Kenny Lofton? The Grubs have better pitching, better fielding, more speed, comparable hitting. And we can only dream of having someone of the Hall of Fame caliber of the great Sammy Sosa, a veritable monument to the power of chemistry.

Jesus Christ, no post has ever been so lacking of teal as this one...

Kenny Lofton?

TDog
10-01-2003, 10:24 PM

Such a sledgehammer-wielding man would indeed be mad. And what would he have to gain on behalf of his Cubs (assuming he was a Cubs fan, having demonstrated that sanity is not his best thing)? I've been rooting for the Sox for more than 30 years, and it hasn't done them any good.

As much as I loathe the Cubs, I would have to avoid the above situation.

flo-B-flo
10-01-2003, 10:31 PM
I would root for a baseball team that had both Sadaam Heusien and Osama Bin Laden in their rotation LONG before I would even consider for a split second rooting for the Cubs. I was a little disappointed that Wrigley Field wasn't targeted in the terrorist attacks on 9/11! I always thought an airplane protruding out of clark and addison wouldn't be a bad thing. Plus, saying the evil little bears are "David" was just media inspired gruel.

soxwon
10-01-2003, 10:43 PM
i might be different but im hoping the Twins make the Series, they beat us out-So that makes them the Best team In the AL.
And if it comes down to it(it wont) and the Flubs meet the Twins in the Series, it be great if Minn. Won.

GoSox2K3
10-02-2003, 12:06 AM

:bluerock

Hangar18
10-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Sure Kenny Lofton is pretty good this year....
Because hes in the NATIONAL Phony LEAGUE. Let him come back to the AL and that Avg will drop 70 points.....Guaranteed

ssang
10-02-2003, 12:24 PM
I was a little disappointed that Wrigley Field wasn't targeted in the terrorist attacks on 9/11!

I am sorry to those who I offended with this comment. Now let me just put it in teal to make everything better :cool:

I was a little disappointed that Wrigley Field wasn't targeted in the terrorist attacks on 9/11!

I was just posting the way this thread was heading. We hate the Cubs and although in reality this is a horrible idea which I DO NOT promote, I felt it was humorous within the context of this particular post. THANKS!

voodoochile
10-02-2003, 12:37 PM
I am sorry to those who I offended with this comment. Now let me just put it in teal to make everything better :cool:

I was just posting the way this thread was heading. We hate the Cubs and although in reality this is a horrible idea which I DO NOT promote, I felt it was humorous within the context of this particular post. THANKS!

I for one never thought it was intended to be serious. It still wasn't funny and even with the teal it isn't.

Just to make a quick tangent...

Two of my sisters live in the NY area and are faced everyday with the results of 9/11 when they come out and see a skyline that just doesn't look right and never will again. I am personally grateful that nothing like that ever happened in Chicago. Maybe it seem humorous to you to say that, but can you imagine someone in 1948 saying, "I wish the Japanese had bombed Wrigley." They probably would have gotten a punch in their mouth for their trouble.