PDA

View Full Version : AFL updates

Vsahajpal
10-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Neal Cotts started for Peoria as the Arizona Fall League began play yesterday; he went 2 2/3 scoreless allowing 2 hits and a walk, while striking out a pair.

maurice
10-01-2003, 11:21 AM
Hey, Vic, I heard that the Sox were sending Ryan Hankins :o: to the AFL as a catcher :o: . Any truth to that rumor?

Vsahajpal
10-01-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by maurice
Hey, Vic, I heard that the Sox were sending Ryan Hankins :o: to the AFL as a catcher :o: . Any truth to that rumor?

Yessir, that is in fact the case. He made a late appearance yesterday behind the plate replacing KC prospect Mike Tonis. Ryan was 1-1 with a run scored.

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Hey Vic, who else from the Sox is in the League this year?
More Importantly, is Jeremy Reed part of this?

MarkEdward
10-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Hey Vic, who else from the Sox is in the League this year?
More Importantly, is Jeremy Reed part of this?

I'm not Vic, but here are some Sox players in the AFL this fall (may not be totally correct, I'm just eyeing my Baseball America issue):

Peoria Javelinas: Gary Majewski, Neal Cotts, Mitch Wylie, Ryan Hankins, Jeremy Reed.

Former Sox draft pick Royce Ring is playing for the other Peoria team, for what it's worth.

Just glancing at the rosters, the Peoria Saguaros look good. Check out this infield: J.J. Hardy, Adrian Gonzalez, Khalil Greene, Jason Stokes, David Wright. That's not even mentioning an outfield of Brad Nelson, David Krynzel, and Jason Bay. Damn.

Sorry for stealing your heat, Vic.