PDA

View Full Version : My A-Rod Pipedream

hold2dibber
10-01-2003, 08:48 AM
It's the offseason, and open season on pipedreams. Texas is talking about reducing payroll significantly. They have some good young players but obviously are at least 2-3 years away from even thinking about contending. Boras is already complaining that the reduced payroll will break a promise to A-Rod and A-Rod previously indicated that he wouldn't be adverse to a trade.

So here's my pipedream trade:

Garland
Reed
Olivo
Rauch or Honel
Konerko
Koch

for

Alex Rodriguez

The trade would be almost a wash salary wise for next year - assuming Garland will make $2 million, Olivo $350K, Konerko $8 million and Koch $6.5 million, that's just under $17 million saved for next year, and I think A-Rod makes about $18 million. But Texas gets several good young players and payroll relief over the next two years as Koch's and PK's deals expire. The Sox get the best player in the AL, who is in his prime and plays the most important position on the field. They also get a big PR boost, which will be necessary after the Cubs (inevitably) win the World Series later this month.

The Sox would then look like this:

1. R. Alomar - 2B (sign him for $2.5 mm/year for 2 yrs)
2. C. Lee - LF
3. F. Thomas - 1B
4. A. Rodriguez - SS
5. M. Ordonez - RF
6. Left Handed Hitting Free Agent - DH (Daubach? Burnitz? Fick? Ibanez?)
7. J. Crede - 3B
8. A. Rowand - CF
9. Free Agent - C (Ausmus? Mayne? Yuck.)

Rotation:

Colon (hopefully)
Buehrle
Loaiza
Free Agent (John Burkett? Brian Anderson? Wilson Alvarez?)
Schoenweiss

Very, very, very good team (on paper).

cornball
10-01-2003, 09:06 AM
it is fun to dream isnt it? I would love to see A-Rod myself but i believe he makes 25MM per.

We really need a upgrade at short.

bc2k
10-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

The Sox would then look like this:

1. R. Alomar - 2B (sign him for $2.5 mm/year for 2 yrs)
2. C. Lee - LF
3. F. Thomas - 1B
4. A. Rodriguez - SS
5. M. Ordonez - RF
6. Left Handed Hitting Free Agent - DH (Daubach? Burnitz? Fick? Ibanez?)
7. J. Crede - 3B
8. A. Rowand - CF
9. Free Agent - C (Ausmus? Mayne? Yuck.)

Wow, even a perennial MVP candidate can't knock Frank out of his 3 spot. If I'm JM, I'm watching Lee explode in front of AROD and dropping Thomas down to 5th.

dickallen15
10-01-2003, 09:19 AM
Getting rid of Koch and Konerko in the same trade, and getting A Rod back, that would be the trade of all time. You are right, you are dreaming.

hold2dibber
10-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Wow, even a perennial MVP candidate can't knock Frank out of his 3 spot. If I'm JM, I'm watching Lee explode in front of AROD and dropping Thomas down to 5th.

Lee absolutely thrived hitting in front of Frank this year - I'd leave it just like that. Plus, with Frank's high OBP but lack of wheels, I don't want a GIDP-machine like Ordonez hitting behind him. Also, with A-Rod behind him, Frank would explode. Hence, A-Rod 4th, Maggs 5th. Either way, it would be a rather nice lineup.

RichH55
10-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

That's what I like about Fanatics....they stay on topic, or is it that they won't ever change the topic?

A whole ridiculous thread about Arod, which usually I try to not comment on, and you reply with a shot at Thomas.

This is why I avoid the board sometimes(NOTHING to do with the moderators or articles).......We could literally trade for Arod, dumping Konerko and Koch in the process(not even worth commenting on) and you would say "I hope this moves Frank down in the order"..........unreal

Clarkdog
10-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Dibber -

We must have been on the same wavelength - because I was thinking the exact same thing on thw way to work on Tuesday. I only hesitated posting this idea becasue I was sure that everyone here would think I was insane. But here is how I could see this "pipe dream" scenario play out.

This is a case of trading your problem for someone else's problem:

Sox deal Koch and Konerko to Texas for A-Rod.
Texas will pay $10M per remaining season of A-Rods contract (this covers the deferred portion of salary), Sox play the remainder at $12M in 2004, $15M in 2005-06, $17M 2007-10. Sox will also pay any seasonal incentives reached.

Texas made this terrible deal, they will need to pay for some of it. But the Sox would be freeing up salary for the Rangers. $0 in 2004, $7M in 2005, and $16M after 2005. But they do get some value in 2004. Texas does not have a closer, if Koch can return to form he could be the Ranger closer for the 2004 season. Palmeiro is a free agent, Konerko could step as 1B/DH next season and in 2005. For the Sox, Maggs is either traded prior to the 2004 season, or leaves via free agency after 2004 the former is likely the best scenario - at least you could get player in return.

Back to my crack pipe.

Pete Ward
10-01-2003, 11:49 AM
This is funny. I live in Dallas. Talk radio down hear blasts the Rangers for having 1 player take 25-30% of the payroll.

They talk about how A-Rod has caused such payroll inflexibilty that they would have been better not signing him. They have no room to maneuver with that payroll.

We have Mags making 14 mil and people talk of moving him. How do you have A-Rod and Mags? Do you trade Mags?

Gut the team of any bench strength for to have 1 or 2 superstars?

I dont know. Theres got to be another way.

1st get Colon signed.

RichH55
10-01-2003, 12:46 PM
This thread should really be moved to the Clubhouse or maybe the Test Board......No semblence of reality here at all, even with it being a pipedream

Sorry to burst the bubble

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
This thread should really be moved to the Clubhouse or maybe the Test Board......No semblence of reality here at all, even with it being a pipedream

Sorry to burst the bubble

Say, This is a very good Idea. It Frees Salary (though taking on salary) This is the kind of CREATIVE thinking we'll need from our GM. Sign KAZ Matsui, He fills these same ROLES were looking for (Marketability, Leadoff, Excellent DefensiveCapability, Can Hit VeryWell)

Win1ForMe
10-01-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Getting rid of Koch and Konerko in the same trade, and getting A Rod back, that would be the trade of all time. You are right, you are dreaming.

I think the Rangers would absolutely, positively jump at that trade in a heartbeat. Texas desperately wants to get rid of ARod's contract. They put him on waivers hoping someone would claim him but no one did b/c there's no team willing to take his sallary. In other words, the Rangers were giving ARod away for free!

I doubt we'd even have to include any good prospects (Rauch, Honel, Garland, Olivo, Reed) in the trade and just give them Koch and Konerko. Sure, the Rangers would take some bad contracts in return but they'd only have to worry about Koch for another year and Konerko for two more.

The trade isn't a pipedream from the Rangers' willingness to do the deal. It's a pipedream because the Sox would never agree to it.

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
Texas desperately wants to get rid of ARod's contract.

The trade isn't a pipedream from the Rangers' willingness to do the deal. It's a pipedream because the Sox would never agree to it.

A trade like that would be something for the White Sox. We would be on the MLB Map. This is something the Cubs would try to do (ARod a future cub?) and the Yankees.

jabrch
10-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Simple Math - 51MM salary (lets say it gets raise 20% to 60mm)

Less 25mm for a SS

35mm

Less 25mm for a starting rotation with Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Loazia and Rauch/Adkins/Cotts/etc.

10mm

now...you tell me how to make a roster and a bullpen for 10mm
Bye Frank
Bye Magglio
Bye Robby
Bye Carl
Bye Jose
Bye Carlos

We'd be seeing
Olivo, Gabe Alvarez, Danny Sandoval, A-Rod, Joe Crede, Josh Reed, Joe Borchard and Jon Hamilton as our starting lineup.

Tetsu Yofu would be our setup man. and Jeff BaJenaru would be our closer. We would see lots of Corwin Malone and some of Enemencio Pacheco.

Trading for A-Rod does absolutely nothing for me UNLESS Jerry Reinsdorf raises the payroll to between 80 - 90 mm. Anything less and we wont be able to compete.

hold2dibber
10-01-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Simple Math - 51MM salary (lets say it gets raise 20% to 60mm)

Less 25mm for a SS

35mm

Less 25mm for a starting rotation with Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Loazia and Rauch/Adkins/Cotts/etc.

10mm

now...you tell me how to make a roster and a bullpen for 10mm
Bye Frank
Bye Magglio
Bye Robby
Bye Carl
Bye Jose
Bye Carlos

We'd be seeing
Olivo, Gabe Alvarez, Danny Sandoval, A-Rod, Joe Crede, Josh Reed, Joe Borchard and Jon Hamilton as our starting lineup.

Tetsu Yofu would be our setup man. and Jeff BaJenaru would be our closer. We would see lots of Corwin Malone and some of Enemencio Pacheco.

Trading for A-Rod does absolutely nothing for me UNLESS Jerry Reinsdorf raises the payroll to between 80 - 90 mm. Anything less and we wont be able to compete.

I think your math is a little off. First of all, I checked, and A-Rod is owed "only" $21 million next year and $3 million of that is deferred. So he will make $18 million next year. I don't think the rotation would quite cost $25 million, either (Colon $10 million, Loaiza $3.5 million, Buehrle $4 million, Free Agent Pitcher $2 million (I traded Garland to the Rangers), Schoenweiss $1.5 million = $21 million).

In any event, with the trade I originally proposed, they'd save about $17 million off next year's payroll, so A-Rod would only cost about $1 million more next year. However, the Sox would have to replace some of the major league players I suggested trading (Garland, Olivo Konerko, Koch), but I think they could do so for $5 million. Plus they wouldn't have to sign a new short stop (which would probably cost approx. $2 million) because they'd have A-Rod manning SS. So net, the payroll would increase about $4 million. Maybe they could get A-Rod to defer more of his salary, maybe other guys on the team (Maggs!) would agree to defer money to help the Sox fit A-Rod in.

Yes, they'd have to move some salaries to do it. But they're going to have to move some salaries even without doing so. If they can trade Maggs and/or Lee for some lower cost talent, it could be worth it.

RichH55
10-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Say, This is a very good Idea. It Frees Salary (though taking on salary) This is the kind of CREATIVE thinking we'll need from our GM. Sign KAZ Matsui, He fills these same ROLES were looking for (Marketability, Leadoff, Excellent DefensiveCapability, Can Hit VeryWell)

A good idea? Sure Based on any semblence of reality? NO

Why would Texas deal Arod to take on big salaries of BAD players? At least Arod is earning his money....Plus they need pitching! The deal gives up Garland(He's OK) and a shot at Rauch or Honel(Honel is highly regarded, but Still)

My point was that it literally isnt worth the bandwith to discuss....Would I love to have Arod --> Abso -freakin -lutely Do I feel stupid for even discussing it? Yes

RichH55
10-01-2003, 07:55 PM
I think the Rangers would absolutely, positively jump at that trade in a heartbeat. Texas desperately wants to get rid of ARod's contract. They put him on waivers hoping someone would claim him but no one did b/c there's no team willing to take his sallary. In other words, the Rangers were giving ARod away for free!

I doubt we'd even have to include any good prospects (Rauch, Honel, Garland, Olivo, Reed) in the trade and just give them Koch and Konerko. Sure, the Rangers would take some bad contracts in return but they'd only have to worry about Koch for another year and Konerko for two more.

UGH.....What will bandwagon fans look like? That scares me

Everyone goes on waivers. Go do some research on it

Win1ForMe
10-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
UGH.....What will bandwagon fans look like? That scares me

Everyone goes on waivers. Go do some research on it

I did.

Peter Gammons:
"Rangers owner Tom Hicks expects that the club will drop its payroll by 25 percent, which Scott Boras believes violates the "commitment" the club made to Alex Rodriguez. This is all understandable, but A-Rod is unmovable and won't get that contract anywhere else. He was put on waivers and went unclaimed in August. But no one should question his desire to win."

Jjav829
10-01-2003, 08:33 PM
I did.

Peter Gammons:
"Rangers owner Tom Hicks expects that the club will drop its payroll by 25 percent, which Scott Boras believes violates the "commitment" the club made to Alex Rodriguez. This is all understandable, but A-Rod is unmovable and won't get that contract anywhere else. He was put on waivers and went unclaimed in August. But no one should question his desire to win."

That doesn't mean they were going to just let him go for free. He may make a hell of a lot of money, but hes still one of the best players in the game and the only reason Rangers fans have for going to the game. If someone claimed him, they would have pulled him back. All players go on waivers. The good/cheap ones get pulled back. It is possible that the Rangers were hoping to gauge any interest in Arod by seeing who claimed him. But don't think that means the Sox could have had him for free.

Win1ForMe
10-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
That doesn't mean they were going to just let him go for free. He may make a hell of a lot of money, but hes still one of the best players in the game and the only reason Rangers fans have for going to the game. If someone claimed him, they would have pulled him back. All players go on waivers. The good/cheap ones get pulled back. It is possible that the Rangers were hoping to gauge any interest in Arod by seeing who claimed him. But don't think that means the Sox could have had him for free.

You are obviously unfamiliar with the term "albatross contract." Every team wants to dump salary these days and they're satisfied with simple payroll relief, not value in return.

It's true most players go through waivers but many of those are players with high salaries who are unworthy of their contracts. It's also true that teams hope their long-term problems will be claimed by other teams. A-Rod's a great player but he's not worth his contract and is really crippling the Rangers franchise. I can GUARANTEE that had anyone claimed Alex, the Rangers would have not pulled him back.

The problem is, outside of the Yankees, who's going to claim him? Even high payroll teams like the Mets, Dodgers and Braves are cutting payroll this off-season. You think they want to deal with $25M per year?

There's a reason Gammons calls it an "unmovable" contract.

Jjav829
10-01-2003, 09:31 PM
You are obviously unfamiliar with the term "albatross contract." Every team wants to dump salary these days and they're satisfied with simple payroll relief, not value in return.

It's true most players go through waivers but many of those are players with high salaries who are unworthy of their contracts. It's also true that teams hope their long-term problems will be claimed by other teams. A-Rod's a great player but he's not worth his contract and is really crippling the Rangers franchise. I can GUARANTEE that had anyone claimed Alex, the Rangers would have not pulled him back.

The problem is, outside of the Yankees, who's going to claim him? Even high payroll teams like the Mets, Dodgers and Braves are cutting payroll this off-season. You think they want to deal with $25M per year?

There's a reason Gammons calls it an "unmovable" contract.

Can you guarantee it? Because I'm not buying. Big contract or not, he isn't walking for free. BTW, using Peter Gammons as your valuable source isn't exactly helping your argument.

Heres the words of Rangers owner Tom Hicks and GM John Hart:

Hicks made it clear in the strongest terms possible that isn't the case, and the Rangers have no interest in moving Rodriguez.

"Absolutely not," Hicks said. "He's an asset. One that we paid a premium for to make sure he'd be here for a long time. It's early in the marriage. He's a committed Texas Ranger. Period."

General manager John Hart said trading Rodriguez wasn't even on his "radar screen." Hart has much more to occupy his time as he tries to complete a midsummer rebuilding program.

That was in response to Arods comments that he would accept a trade if it meant helping the Rangers. The Rangers averaged a little under 26K a game in attendance and drew just over 2 million for the year. You think they get anywhere near that without Arod? What do you think their TV ratings look like or how about merchandise sales? They're not in any rush to get rid of Arod. There are other guys on that team that they will get rid of before Arod. Palmeiro and Gonzalez combined made just about the same as Arod did (13 for Gonzalez, 9 for Palmeiro). They're looking to clear those salaries first. Rusty Greer was also collecting 7 mil from them this year. The vastly overpaid Chan Ho Park made 13 mil. Plus they had Everett's 9.15 mil. Losing all of those contracts are the first order of business for them. Thats what is going to turn them around. Not dumping off Arod.

RichH55
10-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Can you guarantee it? Because I'm not buying. Big contract or not, he isn't walking for free. BTW, using Peter Gammons as your valuable source isn't exactly helping your argument.

That was in response to Arods comments that he would accept a trade if it meant helping the Rangers. The Rangers averaged a little under 26K a game in attendance and drew just over 2 million for the year. You think they get anywhere near that without Arod? What do you think their TV ratings look like or how about merchandise sales? They're not in any rush to get rid of Arod. There are other guys on that team that they will get rid of before Arod. Palmeiro and Gonzalez combined made just about the same as Arod did (13 for Gonzalez, 9 for Palmeiro). They're looking to clear those salaries first. Rusty Greer was also collecting 7 mil from them this year. The vastly overpaid Chan Ho Park made 13 mil. Plus they had Everett's 9.15 mil. Losing all of those contracts are the first order of business for them. Thats what is going to turn them around. Not dumping off Arod.

Not to mention that in all of the stated Deals they took on Konerko and Koch....who is the better version of a bad contract?

Win1ForMe
10-01-2003, 10:24 PM

Don't tell me you're buying into managment's company line? Only the White Sox are dumb enough to continually throw payroll problems in their fan's face.

I would rather listen to Gammons' unbiased opinion rather than Rangers ownership.

soxwon
10-01-2003, 10:48 PM
ive been saying since August we will land AROD!!!
Jerry R despises the Cubs- he knows he needs a blockbuster deal to set the Cubs back a bit, i truely believe he will land a Huge Name and i think it will be AROD!!!
Please no more talk of the Flubs gettin Alex.

Jjav829
10-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Don't tell me you're buying into managment's company line? Only the White Sox are dumb enough to continually throw payroll problems in their fan's face.

I would rather listen to Gammons' unbiased opinion rather than Rangers ownership.

Right because Gammons knows all? You still haven't proven to me your guarantee that the Rangers would let one of the top 5 players in the game, a guy who they committed to for a long time as the face of their franchise and the centerpiece of their rebuilding efforts, walk away for FREE. Nothing. Zip. For one of the top 5 players in the game. I'm still not buying and I doubt many other than you are. You have any idea what the revolt in Texas would be?

RichH55
10-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Right because Gammons knows all? You still haven't proven to me your guarantee that the Rangers would let one of the top 5 players in the game, a guy who they committed to for a long time as the face of their franchise and the centerpiece of their rebuilding efforts, walk away for FREE. Nothing. Zip. For one of the top 5 players in the game. I'm still not buying and I doubt many other than you are. You have any idea what the revolt in Texas would be?

Well they are better off letting him walk away for free then grabbing Koch and Konerko for him

Win1ForMe
10-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Right because Gammons knows all?

I didn't say that but you can't believe that Hicks is going to be honest, do you? If you do then I have a bridge to sell you.

What do you want Hicks to do? Admit that he made a mistake by bidding against himself and overspending on a player who has done nothing to help his team win.

You still haven't proven to me your guarantee that the Rangers would let one of the top 5 players in the game, a guy who they committed to for a long time as the face of their franchise and the centerpiece of their rebuilding efforts, walk away for FREE. Nothing. Zip. For one of the top 5 players in the game. I'm still not buying and I doubt many other than you are. You have any idea what the revolt in Texas would be?

Ok, let's take it from the top. They won't be letting Alex walk away for nothing. Their return is payroll flexibility and the ability to improve their team. In this day and age, payroll flexibility and freeing up money is the return.

THERE'S NOT A TEAM THAT WANTS TO TAKE ON BAD CONTRACTS, and as great as Alex is, he has THE WORST CONTRACT OF ALL. Tell me how many teams would be willing to take on his contract? Sure, there's a lot of high payroll teams but even teams like the Dodgers or Mets wouldn't take on his salary because they have high payrolls of their own. (What are they going to do with their own rejects?) If you dispute that, then you haven't been following baseball at all in the past few years and we can end the conversation right now. More importantly, how are the Rangers going to make demands of other teams if they can't find another team willing to accept that kind contract? If someone takes ARod's contract they'll be doing the Rangers a favor, not the other way around.

As far as Texas, Tom Hicks has already mandated that payroll be cut below $75M next year. Yes, they don't have to dump salary because they'll lose Gonzalez and Palmiero to free agency. But even with them off their books, they will be at $75 million.

So basically what you have is a last place team unable to add players because their payroll is maxed out. As great as A-Rod is, he has not helped this team at all in the standings. He's crippled the team because they can't get players to improve their team and have to pray their weak farm system produces some pitching. Don't you think Hicks would rather use that $25 mil on some good ptiching (say Millwood, Latroy Hawkins, Kelvim Escobar) and another good shortstop (Miguel Tejada). I'm pretty sure he would. If Alex remains on the team, there's no way they can get pitching to compete and they'll be stuck with a horrible team. Tell me what's more important, wins or keeping Alex Rodriguez.

As far as the fans, if you would do a little research, you might find out that the Rangers are mired in complete apathy. Hicks let Ivan Rodriguez, arguably Texas' most identifiable and popular player, walk in free agency. There was no great fan outcry or protest. And Rangers attendance has declined over the past few years despite the signing of ARod, "the face of the franchise." Doesn't sound like he's much of a drawing card at all.

Jjav829
10-02-2003, 12:49 AM
I didn't say that but you can't believe that Hicks is going to be honest, do you? If you do then I have a bridge to sell you.

What do you want Hicks to do? Admit that he made a mistake by bidding against himself and overspending on a player who has done nothing to help his team win.

Ok, let's take it from the top. They won't be letting Alex walk away for nothing. Their return is payroll flexibility and the ability to improve their team. In this day and age, payroll flexibility and freeing up money is the return.

THERE'S NOT A TEAM THAT WANTS TO TAKE ON BAD CONTRACTS, and as great as Alex is, he has THE WORST CONTRACT OF ALL. Tell me how many teams would be willing to take on his contract? Sure, there's a lot of high payroll teams but even teams like the Dodgers or Mets wouldn't take on his salary because they have high payrolls of their own. (What are they going to do with their own rejects?) If you dispute that, then you haven't been following baseball at all in the past few years and we can end the conversation right now. More importantly, how are the Rangers going to make demands of other teams if they can't find another team willing to accept that kind contract? If someone takes ARod's contract they'll be doing the Rangers a favor, not the other way around.

As far as Texas, Tom Hicks has already mandated that payroll be cut below $75M next year. Yes, they don't have to dump salary because they'll lose Gonzalez and Palmiero to free agency. But even with them off their books, they will be at $75 million.

So basically what you have is a last place team unable to add players because their payroll is maxed out. As great as A-Rod is, he has not helped this team at all in the standings. He's crippled the team because they can't get players to improve their team and have to pray their weak farm system produces some pitching. Don't you think Hicks would rather use that $25 mil on some good ptiching (say Millwood, Latroy Hawkins, Kelvim Escobar) and another good shortstop (Miguel Tejada). I'm pretty sure he would. If Alex remains on the team, there's no way they can get pitching to compete and they'll be stuck with a horrible team. Tell me what's more important, wins or keeping Alex Rodriguez.

As far as the fans, if you would do a little research, you might find out that the Rangers are mired in complete apathy. Hicks let Ivan Rodriguez, arguably Texas' most identifiable and popular player, walk in free agency. There was no great fan outcry or protest. And Rangers attendance has declined over the past few years despite the signing of ARod, "the face of the franchise." Doesn't sound like he's much of a drawing card at all.

No there is no team that can take on his contract. And that is why he will stay a Texas Ranger. He will not be let go for free. Not for payroll flexibility even. Yes Tom Hicks probably does realize that hes a moron for signing Arod to such a big contract as well as for some of his other moves(Chan Ho Park). However, hes stuck with Arod and hes certainly not going to cut his losses by letting Arod walk away for free. They are in trouble as their attedance has dropped since the novelty of Arod has worn off. They've lost about 750K over the past 2 years. And letting Arod walk away for free is not going to be their response. I'm sure they would be open to trade talk, but they are stuck with his contract. However, they aren't going to solve it by losing him for nothing.

SluggersAway
10-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Konerko, Koch, and Carlos for A-Rod, done deal.

voodoochile
10-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by SluggersAway
Konerko, Koch, and Carlos for A-Rod, done deal.

Okay, teal is for sarcasm and deeppink is for pipedreams. I have no idea what color should be used for "No Way In Hell Does That Ever Happen" trade suggestions...

WhiteSox = Life
10-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Okay, teal is for sarcasm and deeppink is for pipedreams. I have no idea what color should be used for "No Way In Hell Does That Ever Happen" trade suggestions...

How about sky-blue with an underline, saying that the sky could not possibly contain that suggestion?