PDA

View Full Version : Love the game

MRKARNO
09-30-2003, 11:56 PM
I decided personally that I would be best suited to just sit back relax and enjoy October. I've already gotten over the sox not making it. I'm done with cheering against the cubs out loud. I still will want them to lose but wont be devastated if they win. I will find a way to deal if they go all the way. But in the meantime, I'll sit back, relax and enjoy october because it's a fun time. This way I'll get heckled by cubs fans less. Now that the sox' season is over, the fan of them inside me took a vacation. So I would reccomend for all of you to watch baseball, not as a fan, because unless the sox are not in it you dont have any real rooting interest, but as a fan of great performances, amazing comebacks and more history.

If the cubs win it all: fine they were due and you wont have to deal with their lovable loser bullsh**. Soon the fans will demand a good team and stop showing up when it isnt good.

If the twins win it all: then we should have less shame knowing that they were the best team in the league.

If the Yankees win it all: Money does prevail

If the A's win it all: Small market teams can prevail

If the Red Sox win it all: You wont have to listen to their bullsh** about curses

If the Marlins win it all: Then the Angels factor came into play

If the Braves win it all: It proves hitting wins a WS

If the Giants win it all: It proves that the best team won (and I truly believe the giants are by far the best team).

So There is some interest in every team winning it all. Watch the playoffs because you want to see great baseball, not because you want to see the flubs lose, although that might be a good side reason

pudge
10-01-2003, 01:36 AM
That's the best way to go about it, or you'll drive yourself crazy. I'm already convinced the Cubs will get past Atlanta, so I'm counting on San Fran... but really, when you consider four teams from each league make the play-offs (and in the future maybe more) and you consider Wood and Prior, the Cubs are going to be there many times in the near future, so all we can do is watch and hope our team makes it too, someday...

39thandWallace
10-01-2003, 03:13 AM
The best thing about the cubs going far in the post season is the heat it will put on the south side to get a championship team on the field. I figure a good Cub team can only help us get the right manager and team on the field.

DonkeyKongerko
10-01-2003, 03:34 AM
Yeah if anything I'm hoping that the 2003 season raises the bar for Cub fans. We already know that Sox fans like a winner and not losers. The same should hopefully go for Cub fans especially in the Dusty Baylor era.

QueerGirrl
10-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If the cubs win it all: fine they were due and you wont have to deal with their lovable loser bullsh**. Soon the fans will demand a good team and stop showing up when it isnt good.

I hope this will happen. It's about time real Cub fans wake up and demand better. It's long overdue.

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I'm done with cheering against the cubs out loud. I still will want them to lose but wont be devastated if they win. I will find a way to deal if they go all the way. This way I'll get heckled by cubs fans less. Now that the sox' season is over, the fan of them inside me took a vacation.

Not me. Im DEFIANT to the end. No amount of National or Local Media telling me how great it is for Chicago for the Cubs to win, is going to make me root for them. If everyone else is going to fall for the Latest MLB Marketing scheme, than so be it. I wont.
No Giddy Newsanchors, No truth bending columnists (morrissey),
No Network Controlled camera angles are going to make me like this team, or follow this "storyline".

Lip Man 1
10-01-2003, 11:53 AM
Folks:

With respect, even if the Cubs win five straight World Series, it will not change Jerry Reinsdorf's attitude, opinions and priorities one iota.

The man has already said himself at least twice since June 2002 that he doesn't care what the Cubs do, and that Chicago has always been a Cubs town.

Do you think after saying that he cares at all? or will in the future??

Lip

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Folks:

With respect, even if the Cubs win five straight World Series, it will not change Jerry Reinsdorf's attitude, opinions and priorities one iota.

The man has already said himself at least twice since June 2002 that he doesn't care what the Cubs do, and that Chicago has always been a Cubs town.

Do you think after saying that he cares at all? or will in the future??

Lip

(rises from seat among the faithful, pad in hand) I'll take this one Lip. Yeah, hes a dumbass who let the Cubs and Media anoint them kings of Chicago. BUT.............hes been a Marketing Bass Ackwards for 20 years now, but When the Cubs go to the Series, and the SHOCK & AWE Media Propoganda Campaign really begins........He will Finally Realize that the Rules have Changed. I think we might finally Awaken the Sleeping Jerry we briefly saw in 1981 and 1982. But unfortuneately, It might
be a little to late for this Franchise. The Media alone........
Will Bury Us

Rocky Soprano
10-01-2003, 12:33 PM
I'd rather lose my balls then cheer for the Flubs!

Im not going to talk that much trash anymore because Im getting attacked by all the Cub fans at work. As soon as they choke I will let them hear it.