PDA

View Full Version : My Weekend in Chicago

NewyorkSoxFan
09-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Well I had to come to Chicago for the weekend for a wedding. I had a great time seeing old friends but the sports weekend reminded me of days gone by when as a kid early October meant nothing to do for the next 6 months.

I get home on Friday to hear the Cub fans piss and moan b/c of the rainout. Just what I wanted to see, drunken Cub fans standing outside showing there tickets to TV outlets and how they have been duped by the Tribune company.

Then came the great Cub clinching on Saturday afternoon. Them running around like they just won the WS, and Ron Santo who I can't stand, having a religous experience in the booth, crying and talking about his special day on Sunday. Oh that was a tear jerker!!

On Monday I figured I would hang around and watch the Bear game, but my day was started with JM getting fired. So once again enduring the explanation of another failed plan, another experiement gone bad, another swing and a miss.

And to think it could only get better as I sat and watched the Bears just get NAILED by the stinkin Packers Again!! So what a wonderful weekend was had in my hometown. I couldn't get on the plane quick enough this morning. But if it couldn't get any worst I run into Mike Golic waiting to get on the plane and he proceeded to mock me with my Sox hat. I proceeded to ask him how many Superbowls he has won. We both had a laugh. Well I'm back at home and thanks to everyone for giving me so much material to read. I missed you guys.

BTW it could only get worst if the Cubs win tonite, but with the way my weekend has gone it would only be par for the course.

NYSF

Hangar18
10-01-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan

.... I couldn't get on the plane quick enough this morning. But if it couldn't get any worst I run into Mike Golic waiting to get on the plane and he proceeded to mock me with my Sox hat. I proceeded to ask him how many Superbowls he has won. We both had a laugh. Well I'm back at home and thanks to everyone for giving me so much material to read. I missed you guys.

NYSF

Next time I make my way out to NYC, Im gonna look you up, and Buy You a Beer my Friend. Cant believe that Fat Ass would say something, I wouldve called him a Bandwagon Jumper, and why doesnt he Try a bit harder to Know what hes talking about, INSTEAD of reading the newspaper for his Commentary, like I know he does. Good Job

Mighty4
10-01-2003, 09:58 AM
It's no use even arguing with Golic since on his show the other day, it is his belief that if you never played pro sports you don't know what you're talking about. Don't even let that ass aggravate you guys.

NewyorkSoxFan
10-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Next time I make my way out to NYC, Im gonna look you up, and Buy You a Beer my Friend. Cant believe that Fat Ass would say something, I wouldve called him a Bandwagon Jumper, and why doesnt he Try a bit harder to Know what hes talking about, INSTEAD of reading the newspaper for his Commentary, like I know he does. Good Job

Hangar it would be great to have a beer with ya. I sure could have used one this past weekend.

NYSF