PDA

View Full Version : 2 More Losses For the Yankees and....

Mots09
09-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Torre possibly the next manager on the South Side of Chicago??

If they lose first round Torre is gone.

JohnJeter
09-30-2003, 07:17 PM
Yanks turn in a very Sox-like performance vs. the Twins. Consolation? Probably, but very small. Still, misery loves company, even if that company is the Yanks.

LuvSox
09-30-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Mots09
Torre possibly the next manager on the South Side of Chicago??

Keep dreamin'

dickallen15
09-30-2003, 07:38 PM
What does Torre get paid? $5 million a year, I believe. His record before he started managing teams with $100+ million payrolls was 117 games below .500. He is not coming here. I would be very surprised if he manages ever again, if he gets launched or quits the Yankees.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
Yanks turn in a very Sox-like performance vs. the Twins. Consolation? Probably, but very small. Still, misery loves company, even if that company is the Yanks.

Those two runs the Yankees gave up in the sixth should have been unearned. That was the difference in the game. It was eerie watching them play... dark pinstriped uniforms, blue walls and seats, lots of little league antics... they looked EXACTLY like the Sox.

:smile:

greenpeach
09-30-2003, 08:48 PM
George, great minds must think alike. I was thinking the same thing watching that comedy of errors in the top of the sixth.

However, there's a big difference. The Yankees have the pride & poise to rebound on Thursday. The Pale Hose would just go into the tank & Ghandi would blame it on the baseball gods.