PDA

View Full Version : Marlins-Giants for those who care

MHOUSE
09-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Pitchers duel deluxe! Schmidt and Beckett are dealing. Lots of strikeouts. As I say all this the Giants score on a couple walks and a bad throw to first. Helling up in the bullpen with Beckett pitching poorly right now.

1-0 Giants
bottom 4th 1 out
bases loaded

MetalliSox
09-30-2003, 04:22 PM
I love having these playoff games at work. I'm one of those dorks who can watch any baseball game, so I care.

Ump's strike zone is moving around but he isn't favoring either team.

Thought Bonds should of been K'd looking but he probably gets those calls all the time.

Schmidt=nasty.

hold2dibber
09-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Beckett gets out of it - allows only one run. 1-0 SF after 4. I'm not sure who I want to win this series yet. I don't like Bonds and I have a hard time rooting for the Giants because they're kind of like the Cubs of the Bay Area (which is the same reason that I really like the A's). But I like Ray Durham and Felipe Alou and wouldn't mind seeing them have some post season success. Also, I have a hard time rooting for any team (i.e., Florida) that has been in existence for less than a decade and already has a WS title under its belt. But the players on the Marlins are very likeable, McKeon is colorful (if unintentionally) and its always fun to root for the under dog. Tough one to call.

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2003, 04:33 PM
I couldn't care less about these 2 teams, but I want the Giants for the simple contingency of the Flubs beating the Braves. If the Marlins take the Giants, I could easily see the Flubs having a path paved to the WS.

MRKARNO
09-30-2003, 04:44 PM
I dont see how you wouldnt cheer for the giants. If somehow the Cubs win, the giants will kill them in a 7 game series

SoxxoS
09-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Beckett is a stud. I wish Jon Garland could have the sucess of a Josh Beckett. They were both highly touted, but it is clear who the better pitcher is.

Give me a guy in the Beckett mold than one is the Garland mold anyday. Garland is decent, but isn't in Brett Myers/Josh Beckett mold.

Garland should be just as good as Brandon Webb, but it isn't close either. At least he still has some time left, but when is the last time one of our highly touted pitchers came up and came even close to dominating? Ticks me off.

Huisj
09-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Beckett is a stud. I wish Jon Garland could have the sucess of a Josh Beckett. They were both highly touted, but it is clear who the better pitcher is.

Give me a guy in the Beckett mold than one is the Garland mold anyday. Garland is decent, but isn't in Brett Myers/Josh Beckett mold.

Garland should be just as good as Brandon Webb, but it isn't close either. At least he still has some time left, but when is the last time one of our highly touted pitchers came up and came even close to dominating? Ticks me off.

Seems like all those guys who come up and dominate hugely right away throw smoke. our prospects throw 90-93.

(talking about right handers btw)

MHOUSE
10-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Beckett and Meyers both pitch in the NL though. They throw heat, but they in games I've seen they've both had trouble with consistency and walks. I think Garland could be just as good, it might take another year though.

Marlins big win TODAY! What a game. Back and forth the whole way. Go go Marlins. Buck Fonds!