PDA

View Full Version : If the Sox win their division in 2004...

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2003, 03:23 PM
I DEMAND the Cubune run the same sort of garbagey, vomit-inducing fluff they've been doing.

Check this **** out:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-030930cubsredeyeqanda,1,3557670.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

LuvSox
09-30-2003, 03:34 PM
****ing retards

DirtySouthsider
09-30-2003, 03:36 PM
I just don't understand why soooo many Sox fans are bothered by stuff like this!!?? Who cares who's getting more coverage in the papers or on TV? I am as big a sox fan that you can find but all I am worried about is the Sox winning. Of course I like to see the Cubs lose but I'm not to cry out Cubs suck every chance I get.....especially since right now they don't suck.
So just worry about the Sox building a better team and leave all the petty b.s. to other fans. Otherwise we look like a bunch of whiners.

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
I just don't understand why soooo many Sox fans are bothered by stuff like this!!?? Who cares who's getting more coverage in the papers or on TV? I am as big a sox fan that you can find but all I am worried about is the Sox winning. Of course I like to see the Cubs lose but I'm not to cry out Cubs suck every chance I get.....especially since right now they don't suck.
So just worry about the Sox building a better team and leave all the petty b.s. to other fans. Otherwise we look like a bunch of whiners.

Sox are out of it for 2003, in case you hadn't noticed. Season's over. There are plenty of other threads to talk about whatever sort of hot stove league fantasy junk you want. And nowhere do I say "Cubs suck" -- I'm talking about the media reaction to an 88-team winning its division.

My point is that all this ancillary bull**** regarding this "magical" 88-win team is being shoved down our throats by the very organization that owns the squad on the North Side. All I want is equal time (which I know we won't get), or at least the Cubune Corporation to acknowledge the bias (which they won't).

DirtySouthsider
09-30-2003, 03:49 PM
First of all I want to say that this wasn't a personal attack on you cheeses. I just have a hard time understanding why stuff like this bothers so many Sox fans.
As far as the "Cubs suck", I hate the Cubs as much as anyone....but they are in the playoffs and we are not so we have no room to say anything at all.

woodenleg
09-30-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I DEMAND the Cubune run the same sort of garbagey, vomit-inducing fluff they've been doing.

Check this **** out:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-030930cubsredeyeqanda,1,3557670.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

I have to register. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

Save everything for future comparison.

In fact, I have Lexis-Nexis - I ought to do some searching right now.

But if the Flubs go any further, we're going to look stupid with our complaining.

doublem23
09-30-2003, 03:54 PM
For the record, I remember in '00 when the Sox were rockin' and the Cubs were suckin', Fox 32 News ran a little piece on a Sox family who named their newborn daughter Jaime Lee <InsertLastNameHere> after Carlos Lee because he was batting when her mother went into labor.

pudge
09-30-2003, 04:04 PM
This is just garbage that always pops up when a team wins - it would happen with the Bears, Bulls... and as the last post mentioned, even the Sox...

Ignore this crap, cause that's what it is...

Hangar18
09-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Cheeses has a point. its garbage. but if you print 2wice as much garbage about a team.....More people are APT to favor
said team. Garbage is fine, I can ignore it. But when this garbage is responsible for the Perception of ME, the team, and US fans, than I get mad.