PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Yanks/Twins ALDS game 1 thread

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Anyone here using MLB.com's Gameday? I am, and it's annoying erratic. It will sit on Jason Giambi with an 0-1 count, and then 2 minutes later, it pops up all the pitches that happened after that at once, and bam, the inning's over.

I was having similar problems with Yahoo's Gamechannel.

Anyone know of a more consistent interface to keep up with the games today?

p.s. 0-0 after 1.

voodoochile
09-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Anyone here using MLB.com's Gameday? I am, and it's annoying erratic. It will sit on Jason Giambi with an 0-1 count, and then 2 minutes later, it pops up all the pitches that happened after that at once, and bam, the inning's over.

I was having similar problems with Yahoo's Gamechannel.

Anyone know of a more consistent interface to keep up with the games today?

p.s. 0-0 after 1.

Have you tried CBS Sportsline (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/scoreboard)

mandmandm
09-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Bad luck for Minnesota. With a 1-0 lead Minny's starting pitcher Santana had to come out in the fifth with a cramp or pulled muscle. Already the used two relief pitchers to get through the fifth inning. Still 1-0 Minnesota.

Iwritecode
09-30-2003, 01:51 PM
1 - 0 bottom of the fifth with 2 outs.

The Twins just put in the third pitcher of the game. Santana only threw 59 pitches with 3 hits, 2 walks and 3 k's.

Anyone watching this? Did he get hurt somehow? Are they saving him for game 3 or 4???

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Have you tried CBS Sportsline (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/scoreboard)

VC, I tried it, and I don't see where it has a "running ticker" feature to it. I can keep hitting refresh and it'll give me updates, but I'm looking for something that tells me what's happening in the game constantly.

mlb.com is nice, but really buggy. I have a hard time telling what's going on using that.

anewman35
09-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Bad luck for Minnesota. With a 1-0 lead Minny's starting pitcher Santana had to come out in the fifth with a cramp or pulled muscle. Already the used two relief pitchers to get through the fifth inning. Still 1-0 Minnesota.

But, did he really have a cramp, or did MLB and Fox FORCE him to have a cramp?

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
But, did he really have a cramp, or did MLB and Fox FORCE him to have a cramp?

:tinfoilhat:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-30-2003, 01:58 PM
QUICK!

SOMEBODY WHIP UP A "FIRE JOE TORRE" TAG!!!

:)

MetalliSox
09-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Nice defense by the Yankees. lol
Doriano is finally exposed for the poor defender he is.
Lecroy on 1st, Hunter up. Hunter hits a liner at Williams in CF who misplays it and bounces by him to the wall. Lecroy scores and Soriano throws the ball into the stands trying to get hunter at 3rd. Both runs score.

3-0 Twinkies, bottom of the 6th.

doublem23
09-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Remember, we need the Yankees to win the World Series so Steinbrenner doesn't go Gung-Ho after Colon.

Go Yankees!

ode to veeck
09-30-2003, 02:26 PM
I can't believe Popeye's still around coaching baseball, I thought he was an old timer 20 years ago ...

ode to veeck
09-30-2003, 02:32 PM
yank-mes threatening a come back rally here, 2 on no outs in da 7th

doublem23
09-30-2003, 02:36 PM
What a horrible game by Soriano.

He can always come on over here. :)

ode to veeck
09-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Big K by there by Hawkins, reminds one of Barto going after the hitter like that

PaleHoseGeorge
09-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Here comes the pimp.... right on cue...

:smile:

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Here comes the pimp.... right on cue...

Pimp?

:?:

LuvSox
09-30-2003, 03:07 PM
There goes my afternoon. I was going to watch the San Fran/ Florida game but Rick Sutcliffe is on. He is absolutely intolerable.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Pimp?

:?:

I've been pulling Gardenhire's chain for months... he has bitches like Pierkerleoiski leaning into pitches.

Of course I wish our manager was pimping more whores, too...

mandmandm
09-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Twins win, Twins win!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Boy, if the White Sox had played as lousy as the 26-time world champion Yankees did today, I guarantee this place would be EXPLODING with vitriolic threads about everyone in the organization this side of Herm Schnieder and Roger Bossard.

The Yankees were terrible...

MetalliSox
09-30-2003, 03:30 PM

That's an understatement. They had guys on base with nobody out and couldn't get them in. Throwing the ball around like it was the Little League World Series.

Looked familiar, didn't it?

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2003, 03:33 PM

You know, as much as I hate the Twins, I do like hearing the above. I'm not even sure who I'm rooting "for" at this point; it's more like I'm rooting against both teams simultaneously...

Rocky Soprano
09-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Can the Twins pull off the upset? :angry:

fhqwhgads
09-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Twins win, Twins win!

So much for the NY/NJ papers and the "Yankees in 3" prediction. It'll take 'em at least four, now. :D:

Well, now I hope I don't get to use these Game 4 ALDS tickets. :gulp: (Fat chance of that)

anewman35
09-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
So much for the NY/NJ papers and the "Yankees in 3" prediction. It'll take 'em at least four, now. :D:

Well, now I hope I don't get to use these Game 4 ALDS tickets. :gulp: (Fat chance of that)

Well, you may have possible playoff games, but at least I have 70 more bucks in my pocket!

Yes, I have to find my silver linings where I can...

fhqwhgads
09-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Well, you may have possible playoff games, but at least I have 70 more bucks in my pocket!

Yes, I have to find my silver linings where I can...

$70? Where were your seats? I've got the cheapies for $15 a piece. Being a season ticket holder doesn't guarantee good seats.

Seriously, what were the prices for you guys? Best seats at the Dome are around $50-60 for the ALDS.

anewman35
09-30-2003, 03:51 PM
$70? Where were your seats? I've got the cheapies for $15 a piece. Being a season ticket holder doesn't guarantee good seats.

Seriously, what were the prices for you guys? Best seats at the Dome are around $50-60 for the ALDS.

That was for 2 tickets (the cheapest ones there were, way in the upper deck corner) from the public sale. Face was $30 each, then there was $5 per ticket service charge and a $10 non-refundable service charge per order. Season ticket ones might have been cheaper, I dunno.

hold2dibber
09-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Can the Twins pull off the upset? :angry:

Absolutely - it's a five game series, after all. The Twins only need to split the last 4 now. And Radke (Twins' starter tomorrow) has been absolutely dominant of late.

The Yankees are very beatable this year, IMHO.

fhqwhgads
09-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
The Yankees are very beatable this year, IMHO.

A side of this story no one has touched on is that the Twins may partially have the White Sox to thank for this. Even though the Twins had a dismal regular season record against New York, the White Sox showed them that the Yankees were not above getting beaten (convincingly) by the AL Central. So, thanks!

GO TWINS!

MHOUSE
09-30-2003, 04:17 PM
I thought the exact same thing when watching the Yankees throw the ball all over the place: WHITE SOX. They looked awful. No clutch hitting, men left on base, bad defense.

The Twins bullpen was studly today. LaTroy Hawkins would be HUGE in our bullpen. Free agency Kenny....

It was nice to see Guardado look vulnerable in the 9th, but lucky for them he settled down. Santana expected to start game four IIRC.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-30-2003, 04:17 PM
Even though the Twins had a dismal regular season record against New York, the White Sox showed them that the Yankees were not above getting beaten (convincingly) by the AL Central. So, thanks!

Yes... step right up, grab the ladle, and take a long deep drink of Twinkie kool-aid. :smile:

And you krazy kids from Chicago, don't forget... crack kills!

:bluerock

ode to veeck
09-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Even though the Twins had a dismal regular season record against New York,

Just like they did against us this year, right through game two at Comiskey this month, but then the did us in pretty good after that ... just like they're going to do now to the YankMes

I think everyone (including us) have been easily fooled by the sweet smell of Twinkie cool-aid the last couple of years ... and underestimated its potency ... (tastes pretty terrible too)