PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Season Memories

ajorb11
09-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Now that the season is official over, let's try to remember some of the High points of this season. Here are some of Mine.

1. Grilling the Cub-ob
2. Being there for the Jose Walk-off Homerun vs. the sCrUBS.
3. Being there for Frank The Tank hitting number 400 and number 2000.
4. Arriving at a game before the parking lot gates open, being the first ones in and then having our full setup going and grilling right away.
5. Buying a Sosa Cork Co. Shirt from a guy that walked up to our van and gave it too us.
6. Getting more free Sox Towels, Shirts, and Beenie Babies then I know what do do with from signing up for credit cards
7. Just going to all the games that I did, with the friends that I did, and seeing the SOX win most of the time.

To an excellent season, CHEERS! :gulp:

hose
09-30-2003, 06:12 AM
My memory is of how bad Konerko, Maggs, Buehrle, Koch, Rowand, Garland, White and the Sox as a team were in the first half of the season.

I was so pissed off that I came real close to throwing my season tickets on the weber grill and torching them. I also was convinced that the Sox were going to white flag it and dump players.

The season didn't end up like I wanted it to but I at least I can see an effort by Reinsdorf to improve the park and try and put a winning team together.

npdempse
09-30-2003, 10:29 AM
Definitely #1 is Jose's walk off homer against the Cubs. Greatest vibe I've ever felt from a crowd, and just plain exciting baseball.

Frank's #400 was also damned neat.

I'll never forget that baseball in Chicago in April & May requires a parka, gloves, hats, boots, long johns...

Esty starting the ASG. Maggs wrapping it up.

Feeling sick watching the last home game against the Twins and seeing the season slip away.

Going to the first game of the final homestand, seeing a ton of parents with their kids, having fun and getting into the game, watching the Sox come from behind twice to win it, and capping it off with fireworks. No matter where you finish in the standings, this is still the greatest sport known to man, and it's an honor to be able to watch it in your hometown with a coupla thousand other Sox fans.

TDog
09-30-2003, 11:47 AM
My overriding memory will be sitting in the discounted right-field stands, bundled against the bitter cold, on two early April weekend afternoons for wins against the Tigers. There were bigger thrills at the park and bigger disappointments (like sitting through a 1-0 loss against the Tigers when the larger crowd booed after nearly every Sox third out and I was certain the Sox would never score again), but those cold, gray days, like a bitter cold April Sunday 11-8 win against the Tigers in 2002, seem to define what being a Sox fan is all about.

balboner
09-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Mine were when:
- Mags got caught with cork
- Frank got hit in the head w/a pitch
- Manuel made racist comments and didnt get punished
-We beat AA teams to make the playoffs

Wait, that was the Cubs magical year. Silly me

Hangar18
09-30-2003, 12:24 PM
Meeting everyone at the games, Cheering for Caballo from LF,

Chatting with Mansoo Lee before every game in the BP,
Driving past, and Missing Maggs on Ventura Blvd (Farmer Andy/Shane got to meet him) when we were in LA

Seeing the HUGE numbers of SOX FANS in Dodger Stadium
that weekend (something the media Blatantly Ignored)

Being there for Franks 400th HR (and being all over CNN, ESPN, on the Jumbotron)

Being there for Valentins walkoff HR against the flubbies was a huge hilite for the year

toledosoxfan
09-30-2003, 04:21 PM
Listening to Frank's Walk Off on the radio in an extra inning victory over the Twinkies. And Pauly's homer to tie was one of those "up from the ashes" moments. We all were thinking he would strike out to end the game when he came in to pinch hit. What a comeback.

Also, finding WSI for the first time this year, and reading the best White Sox discussion there is PERIOD.

ewokpelts
10-01-2003, 11:39 AM
the all star game, , frank's 400, frank's bad ass DEFENSIVE play in dodger stadium, seeing us beat the yankmees, and saying goodbye to my season seat on the last day
Gene

dllrbll7
10-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ajorb11
Now that the season is official over, let's try to remember some of the High points of this season. Here are some of Mine.

1. Grilling the Cub-ob
2. Being there for the Jose Walk-off Homerun vs. the sCrUBS.
3. Being there for Frank The Tank hitting number 400 and number 2000.
4. Arriving at a game before the parking lot gates open, being the first ones in and then having our full setup going and grilling right away.
5. Buying a Sosa Cork Co. Shirt from a guy that walked up to our van and gave it too us.
6. Getting more free Sox Towels, Shirts, and Beenie Babies then I know what do do with from signing up for credit cards
7. Just going to all the games that I did, with the friends that I did, and seeing the SOX win most of the time.

To an excellent season, CHEERS! :gulp:

^^^^What he said