PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Pool


MRKARNO
09-29-2003, 10:47 PM
With so many rumors being floated around I think we should pool them all together in one thread:

1. Resigning Bartolo Colon

2. Trading away Konerko

3. Hiring Tony La Russa in exchange for compensation

4. Kenny Williams being fired

5. Top of the UD being chopped off

6. Jerry Reinsdorf selling to his minority partners

There's gotta be more.

And remember, these are all rumors whether credible or ridiculous, but you have to have heard them in another place. Dont take what you see here so seriously!

RichH55
09-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
With so many rumors being floated around I think we should pool them all together in one thread:

1. Resigning Bartolo Colon

2. Trading away Konerko

3. Hiring Tony La Russa in exchange for compensation

4. Kenny Williams being fired

5. Top of the UD being chopped off

6. Jerry Reinsdorf selling to his minority partners

There's gotta be more.

And remember, these are all rumors whether credible or ridiculous, but you have to have heard them in another place. Dont take what you see here so seriously!
1. Looking more and more like priority # 1 and KW is doing it right....Either get it done or get him going before FA starts so that you can focus on replacements if you have to

2. Simply have to do it, especially with the numbers being discussed with Bartolo

3. Compensation, maybe? Mark Buerhle- Not even worth the bandwith to respond

4. Doubtful

5. I'm curious...can't wait to see what it looks like...hopefully they will change the seats

6. Doubtful

MRKARNO
09-29-2003, 10:59 PM
You're missing the point of the thread. It is only to pool all of the rumors, valid or otherwise into a thread, not dispute the rumors, because that leads to bickering and off-topicness

RichH55
09-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
You're missing the point of the thread. It is only to pool all of the rumors, valid or otherwise into a thread, not dispute the rumors, because that leads to bickering and off-topicness

La Di Da....sorry my response was not what you were looking for....I shall avert my eyes as I crawl away from this thread

lowesox
09-30-2003, 12:39 AM
You forgot trading Lee and Koch. And I even read something about Maggs going to SD but I think that one is straight BS.

bc2k
09-30-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
1. Looking more and more like priority # 1 and KW is doing it right....Either get it done or get him going before FA starts so that you can focus on replacements if you have to

2. Simply have to do it, especially with the numbers being discussed with Bartolo

3. Compensation, maybe? Mark Buerhle- Not even worth the bandwith to respond

4. Doubtful

5. I'm curious...can't wait to see what it looks like...hopefully they will change the seats

6. Doubtful

On #5, do you think it's reasonable to sell the current blue seats to fans similar to how the Sox sold Comiskey's seats? Could the Sox use that money to fund new green seats and further park renovation (home run porch)?

I have no idea how much the Sox could get for the current seats, and how much it could fund new green seats, but I like this idea.

batmanZoSo
09-30-2003, 01:04 AM
bc2k:

They don't need to put in new seats, just paint the ones we currently have. That wouldn't cost anything. But I don't know if that's in the cards. And frankly, it's not among the primary problems. After the upper deck is fixed, the next thing to do is build a strip mall of bars and restaurants across the street from the park. Give us something to do after the game. That can't be overlooked with the stadium's shortcomings. And it would attract more casual fans, who are the key demo in filling up a ballpark.

WinningUgly!
09-30-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
On #5, do you think it's reasonable to sell the current blue seats to fans similar to how the Sox sold Comiskey's seats? Could the Sox use that money to fund new green seats and further park renovation (home run porch)?

I have no idea how much the Sox could get for the current seats, and how much it could fund new green seats, but I like this idea.

Maybe fans who own green seats from Old Comiskey, could exchange them for a blue plastic one. They could have "Seat Exchange Day" Fans would be able to bring tools to the ballpark, take out a blue seat & replace it with an old Green wooden one. Just think of the money JR would save on labor costs alone. :D:

:reinsy
"Hmmn...Me likey!"

bc2k
09-30-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
bc2k:

They don't need to put in new seats, just paint the ones we currently have. That wouldn't cost anything. But I don't know if that's in the cards. And frankly, it's not among the primary problems. After the upper deck is fixed, the next thing to do is build a strip mall of bars and restaurants across the street from the park. Give us something to do after the game. That can't be overlooked with the stadium's shortcomings. And it would attract more casual fans, who are the key demo in filling up a ballpark.

Even if they could be painted I don't like that option since I don't like the style of the actual seats. I noticed the newer parks like Miller Park have nicer seat designs along with a better color, so I figured to go all out and replace the seats.

You're absolutely right about your casual fan comment. But let's make sure Bridgeport don't turn into Yuppieville South. I don't want too many nationwide or worldwide chain businesses in the immediate area of the park. Let's build up with local ownership and family businesses.

I remember a rumor that IKEA was coming near the CHA homes. I don't have a problem with IKEA, might furnish my future place with their product, but it don't belong in Bridgeport. Don't turn Comiskey into an amusement park.

dllrbll7
09-30-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Maybe fans who own green seats from Old Comiskey, could exchange them for a blue plastic one. They could have "Seat Exchange Day" Fans would be able to bring tools to the ballpark, take out a blue seat & replace it with an old Green wooden one. Just think of the money JR would save on labor costs alone. :D:

:reinsy
"Hmmn...Me likey!"

LMAO but no way in hell am i givin up a green one for a blue one

Procol Harum
09-30-2003, 10:58 AM
New rumor: broccoli and cheese churros for '04.

jabrch
09-30-2003, 11:03 AM
I wonder if Soldier Field has any extra blue seats they could sell. Those are might comfy seats - with the exception of the crappy football team that plays in front of them.

Dadawg_77
09-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
New rumor: broccoli and cheese churros for '04.

Yeah I hear that is going to be apart of the Organic Foods concession stand sponsor and maintain by Whole Foods.

chosk8
09-30-2003, 11:15 AM
I always wondered why they went with the blue seats. I loved the green, but personally I like the idea of having one of the teams colors being the color of the seat, like in Cincinnati and St. Louis with the red seats. I know black would be bad because it may get too hot in the sun and white would probably get too dirty or fade, but how about a grey? I've always liked stadiums that have done that. I'm no expert, but I don't know how well paint would adhere to the plastic.

MarqSox
09-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Ever wonder whether this board actually influences the liklihood of rumors becoming fact? That is, it's presumed that KW checks this board at least occassionally ... if he sees, for example, the entire WSI community railing against the LaRussa for Buehrle trade, that maybe he would nix it? I mean, if that trade doesn't happen, we'll never know whether it was because it was never really being considered or whether KW killed it to avoid a negative PR backlash.

I just wonder whether support or opposition to rumors ends up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Sorry, WSI needs some philosophical ramblings every now and then. :D:

Mammoo
09-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
With so many rumors being floated around I think we should pool them all together in one thread:

3. Hiring Tony La Russa in exchange for compensation

You can take #3 off...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/Cardinals/DDB1BEA0DAD47AFC86256DB00073E59F?OpenDocument&Headline=La+Russa+reaffirms+that+he's+staying

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
You can take #3 off...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/Cardinals/DDB1BEA0DAD47AFC86256DB00073E59F?OpenDocument&Headline=La+Russa+reaffirms+that+he's+staying

At least Daver will be happy.

Hangar18
09-30-2003, 05:07 PM
I think the SOX do check here from time to time, to Gauge what the heck were thinking/talking about. For Starters, Ive meant to post here, after listening to Sports Talk, how suddenly, theyre doing a "Topic", and having callers call in to talk on the Subject. There have been 4 or 5 lately, Where there was something WEVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT HERE.......and a day later, someone on the Radio is talking about it. Were an excellent cross-section of Sox Fans here for sure. Its excellent that we all dont agree with each other also.....it keeps a healthy dialogue going.

Hangar18
09-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Remember we had a thread, in which we likened the Friday home game like a "Funeral" and we all paid our respects?
Well guess what mac jurko and harry did for a Segment? You got it.....a Funeral theme. It was pretty funny actually.

hold2dibber
09-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Ever wonder whether this board actually influences the liklihood of rumors becoming fact? That is, it's presumed that KW checks this board at least occassionally ... if he sees, for example, the entire WSI community railing against the LaRussa for Buehrle trade, that maybe he would nix it? I mean, if that trade doesn't happen, we'll never know whether it was because it was never really being considered or whether KW killed it to avoid a negative PR backlash.

Good Lord, I hope not. I mean, it would be one thing for KW or others in the organization to check here on occasion for PR info (e.g., fans hate to hear the team bitching about money or attendance, etc.) - it would be quite another for them to check on personnel moves. If they consider the ideas of us yahoos in personnel decisions, we've got big problems (I for one strongly advocated dealing Crede for Jeff Weaver last year and thought Omar Daal was the steal of last season's free agent class - and there are people who around here who have much more ridiculous ideas than that (somebody on here suggested trading Buehrle for Rick Ankiel, for Pete's sake!)).