PDA

View Full Version : oh no maggs wants out?

soxwon
09-29-2003, 05:47 PM
did anyone hear that Magglio wants to play for San Diego!!!
we could get 2-3 front liners for him, what would you take?
Brian Giles & Trevor Hoffman?

Randar68
09-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by soxwon

What in the world are you talking about?

Irishsox1
09-29-2003, 05:54 PM
That's old news. However Maggs is under contract for another year for $14 million. The "I want to go to San Diego" is standard agent talk to get the Sox to jack up the money and to give him a longer contact. My feeling is that Maggs is on the White Sox for at least another 7 years.

Unregistered
09-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Yay! It's time for stupid rumors!

soxwon
09-29-2003, 05:56 PM
thank you for correcting me on the story- i heard it today, thats a relief, i would really hate Losing Maggs, hes our cornerstone.

Rocklive99
09-29-2003, 06:56 PM
I don't think theyd give up Giles or Hoffman. Those are good players though. If they'd do it, I'd say throw in some of our crappy players with Maggs and get Giles, Hoffman, and some prospects.

doublem23
09-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by soxwon

A, I think we made a joke around here about that a while ago. Something like some scum-ass Trib reporter asking Maggs about San Diego. You know like,' They've got a new stadium, endless summer, bikini babes." Maggs' response, "I guess that would be nice," and then it turns up on the front page of the Tribune, ORDONEZ SAYS HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR PADRES!

B, There's no way the Padres let go of Giles or Hoffman. They're whole idea was to make the team competitive for the opening of the new park next year, and Hoffman is still their horse and Giles was picked up to be the new keystone of the franchise.

Maggs will stay here if everything is up to him, I'm sure.