PDA

View Full Version : Foulke / Koch Trade

maurice
09-29-2003, 05:05 PM
The final numbers are in for the season. Ouch! (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/stats/cws_sortable_player_stats.jsp?section2=null&statSet2=null&sortByStat=SV&statType=2&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2003&baseballScope=AL&prevPage2=1&readBoxes=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&subScope=teamCode&teamPosCode=all&box1=XXXX114342oakX&box16=XXXX150477chaX&compare.x=20&compare.y=9)

I'm a big KW supporter, but this one hurt.

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2003, 05:12 PM
When you look at that, that one trade could've been the difference between playing October baseball or playing golf this week...man.

anewman35
09-29-2003, 05:16 PM
I'm not going to defend the trade, because, quite clearly, it hasn't gone well. You never know, though, in the long run, it might turn out ok, especially if Cotts can learn to find the plate.

jeremyb1
09-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
When you look at that, that one trade could've been the difference between playing October baseball or playing golf this week...man.

Its pretty incredible to think about how much better our pen would've been if you replaced a terrible pitcher who blew a number of games with the best reliever in the AL.

StepsInSC
09-29-2003, 05:31 PM
good job everyone at letting this thing die off

hold2dibber
09-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by maurice
The final numbers are in for the season. Ouch! (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/stats/cws_sortable_player_stats.jsp?section2=null&statSet2=null&sortByStat=SV&statType=2&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2003&baseballScope=AL&prevPage2=1&readBoxes=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&subScope=teamCode&teamPosCode=all&box1=XXXX114342oakX&box16=XXXX150477chaX&compare.x=20&compare.y=9)

I'm a big KW supporter, but this one hurt.

That's painful. Koch allowed 2 more hits and 8 more walks than Foulke - in 33 less innings! Atrocious. I didn't like the trade to begin with, because Foulke has ALWAYS been better than Koch. But I figured Koch would at least be serviceable. Instead, he was an absolute disaster. His return to form would make a HUGE difference next year.

pudge
09-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
good job everyone at letting this thing die off

This one may never die, and frankly, I don't think it should. Cost us a shot at a ring. Argh.

doublem23
09-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by pudge
This one may never die, and frankly, I don't think it should. Cost us a shot at a ring. Argh.

Ehhh.. Foulke is a stud (and everyone knew that), but he was in Manuel's doghouse. How many save opps you think he would have gotten?

:jerry
And people wonder why I'm unemployed!

fquaye149
09-29-2003, 07:35 PM
yeah it sucks now...but say next year if koch is able to be a baseball player again and cotts can either do some major league pitching a few years down the line this might be a little more favorable to us.

i mean think about it....................if cotts becomes a stud(which is very possible) and koch approximates a return to form all of a sudden you have larry anderson for bagwell.

doublem23
09-29-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149

i mean think about it....................if cotts becomes a stud(which is very possible) and koch approximates a return to form all of a sudden you have larry anderson for bagwell.

Let's not go crazy. Everyone this side of Jerry Manuel realized Foulke's value.

fquaye149
09-29-2003, 08:44 PM
right but the point is...at teh time the larry anderson deal might have pissed off a few astros fans...cuz anderson was tight for a while...

ernie broglio too...

oh and the dude that got traded for billy pierce

gosox41
09-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
I'm not going to defend the trade, because, quite clearly, it hasn't gone well. You never know, though, in the long run, it might turn out ok, especially if Cotts can learn to find the plate.

Except for the fact that the Sox were trying to win this season.

Bob

gosox41
09-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by pudge

I'll never let it die because the trade was so lopsided it never should have been considered.

Also, because the 2 moves I thought the Sox blew last offseason were getting Koch and extending PK's contract.

It cost us the Central this year. The fact that the Sox have $14.5 milll. tied up in these 2 fools for next year means it could very well cost the Sox the AL Central then.

Bob

Daver
09-29-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I'll never let it die because the trade was so lopsided it never should have been considered.

Also, because the 2 moves I thought the Sox blew last offseason were getting Koch and extending PK's contract.

It cost us the Central this year. The fact that the Sox have $14.5 milll. tied up in these 2 fools for next year means it could very well cost the Sox the AL Central then.

Bob

Bob,one of these days you are going to find something new to complain about,hopefully it will be soon.

:)

gosox41
09-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Bob,one of these days you are going to find something new to complain about,hopefully it will be soon.

Daver,
As long as KW is GM, it could be a lot sooner then you think.

Bob

doublem23
09-29-2003, 11:08 PM

We all need our niches... Kermit is the numbers guy, Vic is the Cub guy, Lip is the guy that will take a full glass and intentionally spill half of it just so he can bitch guy... Bob can be the Foulke/Koch guy.

Daver
09-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
We all need our niches... Kermit is the numbers guy, Vic is the Cub guy, Lip is the guy that will take a full glass and intentionally spill half of it just so he can bitch guy... Bob can be the Foulke/Koch guy.

That is an incomplete speculation,I don't have a Niche....

:bandance:

maurice
09-30-2003, 10:43 AM
That is an incomplete speculation,I don't have a Niche.

You're the kill-them-all-and-let-God-sort-them-out guy. Oh, and also (along with Vic) the Joe Borchard guy.