PDA

View Full Version : Hargrove fired!

MetalliSox
09-29-2003, 02:24 PM
He gone.

We have a bunch of former Indians on the team, anyone for another possibly?

soxnut
09-29-2003, 02:40 PM
I'll take him. I've thought about this idea before. He wasn't given much to work with in Baltimore, so I think he could be a great choice. I think it was a mistake for Cleveland to let him go in the first place. :D:

Foulke You
09-29-2003, 02:56 PM
I'd take Hargrove in a New York second. How many AL Central titles did he win? 5 or 6? Two AL Pennants? Nice resume and a good fit with all the ex Indians on the team. Could entice Robbie and Bartolo to take less money also.

MHOUSE
09-29-2003, 03:07 PM
I've always liked Hargrove, I'd take him in a second. The prospect of trading Buehrle for LaRussa seems stupid b/c there's several good managerial candidates available without trading one of our top pitchers.

Unregistered
09-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I've always liked Hargrove, I'd take him in a second. The prospect of trading Buehrle for LaRussa seems stupid b/c there's several good managerial candidates available without trading one of our top pitchers. Ah yes, I can almost hear Gene Honda now... "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome your Chicago Indians!"

ihatethecubs
09-29-2003, 03:14 PM
perhaps we might see the tinkerer in orange and black?

LASOXFAN
09-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
perhaps we might see the tinkerer in orange and black?

That would please everyone else in that division!

kittle42
09-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
That would please everyone else in that division!

:jerry
"Now it says here, Melvin, that you can play outfield *and* infield?"

FanOf14
09-29-2003, 04:04 PM
I have to admit that when I heard he was canned, he was the first name I thought of to replace JM. As someone else stated in this thread, he wasn't given much to work with in Baltimore and he is a proven winner...