PDA

View Full Version : Further proof ESPN has no respect for the Sox organization:


ChiSox14305635
09-29-2003, 01:55 PM
You know how ESPN News always claims to carry press conferences live for these types of things? While FSN Chicago carried it, they stayed with Monday Morning Quarterback, and carried Cleveland Browns coach Butch Davis' weekly press conference. ***!


And yes, last year, they carried Baylor's firing & Baker's hiring. ESPN can go screw themselves! JERKS!

ihatethecubs
09-29-2003, 03:12 PM
CLTV and WGN didnt bother shoing it either, theyre too busy covering the cubs off day

Foulke You
09-29-2003, 03:16 PM
No surprise there. This will be treated as a non-story.

thepaulbowski
09-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Why televise something that has been known for a week? My lord, this it's us vs. the world attitude makes us Sox fans sound like whiners.

Was there a press conference that went with the Hargrove firing? Was it on ESPN?

kittle42
09-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Why televise something that has been known for a week? My lord, this it's us vs. the world attitude makes us Sox fans sound like whiners.

Was there a press conference that went with the Hargrove firing? Was it on ESPN?

No, but if Hargrove got fired from the Cubs, it would have been!

Lip Man 1
09-29-2003, 06:16 PM
It's a conspiracy.

Sometime I simply have to shake my head. Some folks obviously have too much time (or Cubs) or their hands.

Win something and you'll get all the coverage you want or need.

Lip

Dan H
09-30-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's a conspiracy.

Sometime I simply have to shake my head. Some folks obviously have too much time (or Cubs) or their hands.

Win something and you'll get all the coverage you want or need.

Lip

This time I agree with Lip. Manuel was leaving and everyone knew it. No big story here.

Face it. This is one time the Cubs deserve the attention they are getting. They're going into the playoffs and don't be surprised if they oust the Braves. That goes for the other teams as well. Being a constant contender earns respect. Next year makes 10 years since the strike. How many times have the Sox been to the post season since then?

Hangar18
09-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's a conspiracy.

Sometime I simply have to shake my head. Some folks obviously have too much time (or Cubs) or their hands.

Win something and you'll get all the coverage you want or need.

Lip

come on Lip, you should know better by now. What the media forgets, that WHAT THEY COVER....BECOMES THE STORY
and not the other way around. Theres 2 sets of rules in Chicago when it comes to sports coverage.
If the Japanese Businessman, sitting at the Hotel Bar, sees ESPN Covering this story, he will surely think to himself....."hey, this is a big Sox story here ".
If he doesnt see this on ESPN....he will surely think to himself "hey, the sox must not matter to anyone outside of Chicago"

kittle42
09-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

If the Japanese Businessman, sitting at the Hotel Bar, sees ESPN Covering this story, he will surely think to himself....."hey, this is a big Sox story here ".
If he doesnt see this on ESPN....he will surely think to himself "hey, the sox must not matter to anyone outside of Chicago"

Maybe he'd just be thinking about how Tom Selleck has a hole in his swing.