PDA

View Full Version : Royce out?

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2001, 07:14 PM
Will anyone here be broken up if Royce goes on the DL?

I didn't think so.

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 07:17 PM
Looks like he will be ok. Hawk goes "Thank goodness it looks like a cramp". Like the team will just go into a huge collapse if Royce doesn't play. I'm not his biggest fan but you never want to see someone get hurt.

PutItOnTheBoard
08-29-2001, 07:19 PM
Would I broken up? I wouldn't use those words. I would be concerned. That means you have to play Jose there every day. Which is fine, but what if he re-injures his hamstring? Then you're in trouble. It's one thing to dislike Royce, but to hope that the team you root for has its depth weakened strikes me as idiotic.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2001, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by PutItOnTheBoard
It's one thing to dislike Royce, but to hope that the team you root for has its depth weakened strikes me as idiotic.

Look, nobody has to "root" for Royce to be hurt. We simply need him on the DL for whatever reason. If Jose should get hurt and nobody in the minors is available who is better than Royce (not likely), Herm can always announce a miraculous recovery for Royce. He's not really hurt. That's what the bribe is for!

No harm, no foul--and FINALLY Manuel stops playing the guy every day!

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
and FINALLY Manuel stops playing the guy every day!

:harold
Just in time for me to comeback and reclaim my spot.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2001, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

:harold
Just in time for me to comeback and reclaim my spot.

The Baines situation is totally different. He won't be back until the rosters expand and he doesn't figure to get many at-bats either. I'm sure the Sox hope they can give him a grand send-off next month.

Clayton is totally different.

He's clogging up the roster RIGHT NOW and has been since early-May when it became obvious he would never contribute as much as the players he was keeping out of the line up. Unlike Baines, none of the September call ups have a prayer of taking at-bats away from Royce The Choice, and he most definitely will be haunting us again next season unless there is a GM even dumber than Kenny Williams willing to trade for the sinkhole.

A simple bribe to Schneider solves everything--at least for the remainder of the season.

Nobody wants Royce hurt. We just want him OUT OF THE LINE UP. That's a BIG difference.

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 07:45 PM
Way to break it down PHG.

:boston
Nobody can do "Diamond Notes" like me.