PDA

View Full Version : Biddle's contract?

Bobby Thigpen
09-29-2003, 08:12 AM
Does anyone know what Rocky's contract status is this offseason? Is he wrapped up for next year or would he be available? He ended the year with 34 saves, and had previously said he would like to come back to the Sox. I would love to have him back as a backup plan to Flash or Koch, or our closer. Any info would be great.

I know I said I never thought he'd make it as a big league pitcher, but I never thought he'd be a closer either. Besides I can be wrong once in a while can't I? :smile:

DrCrawdad
09-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
Does anyone know what Rocky's contract status is this offseason? Is he wrapped up for next year or would he be available? He ended the year with 34 saves, and had previously said he would like to come back to the Sox. I would love to have him back as a backup plan to Flash or Koch, or our closer. Any info would be great.

I know I said I never thought he'd make it as a big league pitcher, but I never thought he'd be a closer either. Besides I can be wrong once in a while can't I? :smile:

Daver was always in Biddle's corner. IIRC Daver even said that Biddle could close.

Bobby Thigpen
09-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I know. In fact I vividly remember telling Daver that Rocky would never amount to anything in the league. I was a little wrong about that.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing isn't it?

dickallen15
09-29-2003, 09:27 AM
Rocky wasn't much after the ASG, but he had a fine season

hold2dibber
09-29-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm pretty sure Biddle first came up in 2000, but it may have been 2001. In either event, he would still be Expos property for at several more years (just like Buehrle remains White Sox property for several more years). He is cheap and a pretty good pitcher - in other words, not the kind of guy the Expos would be looking to deal. He's not going anywhere.

TDog
09-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I'm pretty sure Biddle first came up in 2000, but it may have been 2001. In either event, he would still be Expos property for at several more years (just like Buehrle remains White Sox property for several more years). He is cheap and a pretty good pitcher - in other words, not the kind of guy the Expos would be looking to deal. He's not going anywhere.

Rocky came up with the Sox in 2000, just as Buehrle did. To get him back, the Sox would have to work a deal. Certainly the Sox could and have done worse.

I like Rocky. I know he liked pitching for the Sox and wasn't happy about leaving. Unlike at least one other member of the Sox 2000 rookie class, he wanted to pitch on the South Side of Chicago.

MHOUSE
09-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Biddle was the only guy i was sorry to lose in the Colon deal. Osuna and Liefer sucked, but Rocky is a great guy to have in your bullpen. I'd welcome him back.

ode to veeck
09-29-2003, 12:50 PM
And rocky's folks were some of our favorite WSI regulars too ;-)

I was sorry to see Rocky go, good to see him improving and getting lots of frequent flyer miles with the Spos

ma-gaga
09-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Rocky had a fantastic first half of the season. He kind of faded away the last 2 months of the season.

Be careful of what you're asking for.

:)

Jjav829
09-29-2003, 02:22 PM
No thanks. Let the Expos enjoy him. As teams started to see him more and more he looked more like Koch did this year. Hell, Biddle's 4.71 ERA isn't all that far off from Koch.