PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Acid
09-29-2003, 01:37 AM
I wanted to wait till the end of the season to post this. Too bad the end had to come so soon, but this was no dought the most exciting year ever for me as a Sox fan. This was my 1st season away from Chicago and living down in Florida I did not get to see my guys play everyday nor get to read home team articles in the paper, hell I dident even get to listin to talk about then on sports radio. I want to thank you all for not only keeping me up to date with all the info back home but also keeping me (a lone Sox fan down here) excited with in-game updates, I loved to follow the games via internet but you all made it fun. From making me laugh to sometimes making me mad, you all kept me in the race. Thank you

Chad S
Sox fan since 1989

Nick@Nite
09-29-2003, 06:05 AM
... thanks to everyone here at WSI for making the season just ended memorable. Yes, it would have been extra special if the Sox had won the AL Central, but it was still a blast keeping up with all Sox happenings since June (I got off to slow start this season).

I also want to thank everyone who made the chat room fun as hell! Living in west-central Missouri, I have to rely on WGN for televised Sox games. When I couldn't watch on TV, there was always someone in the chat room willing to provide 'real time' play by play... how cool is that? Mucho Cool!!! :D: To awesomefan, chisoxray, cheeses_h_rice, NC_sox_fan, NewyorkSoxFan, WhiteSox=Life, Soxfan7070, SoxFanDan, and the rest of the chat room ninjas... a big tip of the cap (and cup!) :gulp:

hsnterprize
09-29-2003, 06:47 AM
I'd like to also thank WSI and you WSIers for being a great group of fans to turn to and learn from as far as feeding my love for the Sox in concerned. I've said this before, but I would actually go to WSI before I'd go to whitesox.com if I needed any pertinent information...especially if I was going on the air with sports news. WSI is by far the best Sox fans' site out there, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it in 2004.

As our site gets more and more exposure, hopefully more people will see just how much we love our Sox in spite of all the Cub-love out there. Let's raise a toast to our White Sox in hopes they and we will be doing the celebrating this time next year.

:gulp:

kraut83
09-29-2003, 10:15 AM
Yep, in the last few months, I have wasted many a day in the office on the site! This was my 2nd season away from Chicago and WSI is definitely my 1st stop for the real dish on the Sox. As you can imagine, Delaware is not the most exciting place in the world to live, and its made worse by not even getting wgn. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to run the site, and everyone who shares their passion for Chicago's MAJOR league team! This is also my vote to sign Kevin Millwood. He'll come cheaper after his average year, he's only 29, and still has a lot of potential. Often a victim of Philly style "corpseball" when he threw this year.

oheeoh...magglio
09-29-2003, 12:32 PM
I also want to thank everybody around these parts of finally giving me a place to go and talk with others about the beloved south siders. It's a shame that this site has been here for years and I didn't find it until this July, but thanks to everybody for making this season the most fun non-playoff season of sox baseball I have ever watched. And also thanks for lettting me be a part of all the fun around here. GO SOX IN 2004!!!! :)