PDA

View Full Version : Rooting for the Yankees

LASOXFAN
09-29-2003, 02:33 AM
I can't remember ever doing it. Maybe as a kid when they played the Dodgers and Reggie hit 3 out in one game, but that's about it.

I LOATHE THE NEW YORK YANKEES.

As evidence of how much a hate the Twins, I will be rooting for the yank-mes to completely humiliate the Twins. I hope every game is a blowout and Twins fans have those hankies shoved up their asses from the first inning on when they play the lone playoff game in the dome this year.

39thandWallace
09-29-2003, 03:07 AM
I hate both of these teams. But, I want the Yankees out immediately. I want to see a Red Sox vs Cub series just because if one of these teams win our number will be up sooner.

ssang
09-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by 39thandWallace
I hate both of these teams. But, I want the Yankees out immediately. I want to see a Red Sox vs Cub series just because if one of these teams win our number will be up sooner.

You want the Cubs to go to the W.S. because it means our turn might come up soon after!?!?! That's ridiculous! No Sox fan should ever wish the Cubs any kind of success whatsoever.

Bobby Thigpen
09-29-2003, 11:37 AM
I would rather root for a team of Satan, Osama, Hitler, Stalin, George Steinbrinner, the Halas family, and Steve Spurrier than EVER root for the Cubs to win anything. I don't think I'd ever be able to look at myself in the mirror if I actually wanted the Cubs to do well. I feel dirty even thinking about it.

davenicholson
09-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
I would rather root for a team of Satan, Osama, Hitler, Stalin, George Steinbrinner, the Halas family, and Steve Spurrier than EVER root for the Cubs to win anything. I don't think I'd ever be able to look at myself in the mirror if I actually wanted the Cubs to do well. I feel dirty even thinking about it.
A bit over the top, I know but...

History has forced me to change this, but I used to say that if Iraq invaded (Wrigley Field or Lambeau Field), I'd buy a Saadam Hussein t-shirt. :o:

Hokiesox
09-29-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen

How does Steve Spurier get grouped in with this bunch? I don't get it.

Redskins win again! C'mon Bears, make it two for me!

Hangar18
09-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Sure, illl root for NY. but im BIGTIME ROOTING FOR ATLANTA RIGHT NOW. I will NOT BE TOLD (by the media) Whom to Root for, Simply because a team is "feel good" ?? bulls***. I hope Atlanta Ruins all of their plans. That being Said....they better be ready....they have more to worry about now....calls will NOT go their way. book it.

Bobby Thigpen
09-29-2003, 01:36 PM
How does Steve Spurier get grouped in with this bunch? I don't get

He's just about the football antichrist for me. I can't stand the guy. Maybe I could have substituted Bobby Bowden for him. I don't know, he annoys me just about as much as anyone else on that list.

39thandWallace
10-02-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by ssang
You want the Cubs to go to the W.S. because it means our turn might come up soon after!?!?! That's ridiculous! No Sox fan should ever wish the Cubs any kind of success whatsoever.

I really don't care either way but I think you guys are WAY over the top with Cub hatred. I'm sick of the lovable loser crap every year and all the curse crap.

If you saw the Bo-SOX HBO flick the fans said if the Red Sox won they wouldn't have anything to complain about it would be horrible. Good then win and SHUT UP!

Anyway root for your satan teams or whatever once again you guys are taking this subject way to FAR.

I love the Sox but I am not going to be buried with a sox jersey on. I have a life outside of a underachieving millionaire baseball team.

nut_stock
10-02-2003, 01:31 AM
I am able to put bitterness aside in the Twins case. I hope they beat the yankees. However There is no way I will ever root for the Cubs to win since I am afraid that a Cubs world series could be detrimental to the Sox. As far as Boston vs Oakland, Im doing the media feel good thing there I guess, so Im rooting for Boston.
And finally, I'm rooting for the Giants only because they have Ray Durham. (He was one of my favorites, and one of the precious few autographs I have)

woodenleg
10-02-2003, 02:04 AM
I love the Sox but I am not going to be buried with a sox jersey on. I have a life outside of a underachieving millionaire baseball team.

I don't. :smile:

But I just realized today that I may be a sado-masochist. When I realized that the Cubs might lose tonight, I was shocked to find myself feeling a little sad. I so enjoy rooting against them. I want them to go to the WS so that I can keep rooting against them. I'm sorry, but the Braves are boring the crap outta me and I want more drama. Then there's the issue of voyeurism - what happens if the other team wins?

This year has so messed with my head that I will need therapy when it's over. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with me?

:?:

Hangar18
10-02-2003, 08:56 AM
I really don't care either way but I think you guys are WAY over the top with Cub hatred. I'm sick of the lovable loser crap every year and all the curse crap.

I did Great for myself, I didnt watch a Single Inning (though was curious) of the game last nite. I took some good advice, and worked on the Laptop. Got a ton finished too. And guess what? My nephew called me in the coffeeshop, and told me the score, and I YELLED OUT **YESSSSSSSSS Cubs Lose*******
and freaked everyone out in the place