PDA

View Full Version : My Brief Sox Manifesto

Viva Magglio
09-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Come Spring Training 2004, I want our team to report to the Kino Sports Complex in Tucson strong. Not only do I want our team to be the AL Central favorites, I want our team to be considered a World Series contender. We are not all that many steps away from that, and I think Jerry Reinsdorf will do the unthinkable and try to push us hard in that direction.

I want our White Sox team to not only win the World Series in 2004 (or a year or two later if that is necessary), but I want our White Sox world championship team to be the greatest one in Chicago sports history. I want it to put the 1985 Bears and the 1995-96 Bulls to shame. I want this team to be feared the same way the 1985 Bears were.

Outside of a world championship, the one unique and probably unattainable goal I want to define this team is to win 120 regular season games. Granted, we'll probably never come anywhere near that. But it would be something to shoot for.

jeremyb1
09-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Come Spring Training 2004, I want our team to report to the Kino Sports Complex in Tucson strong. Not only do I want our team to be the AL Central favorites, I want our team to be considered a World Series contender. We are not all that many steps away from that, and I think Jerry Reinsdorf will do the unthinkable and try to push us hard in that direction.

I want our White Sox team to not only win the World Series in 2004 (or a year or two later if that is necessary), but I want our White Sox world championship team to be the greatest one in Chicago sports history. I want it to put the 1985 Bears and the 1995-96 Bulls to shame. I want this team to be feared the same way the 1985 Bears were.

Outside of a world championship, the one unique and probably unattainable goal I want to define this team is to win 120 regular season games. Granted, we'll probably never come anywhere near that. But it would be something to shoot for.

Its possible. Take a team that had one of the best rotations in the game 1-4 and that had one of the best offenses in '02 and the second half of this season and you're in pretty good shape. The pen needs work in my opinion especially since its not entirely clear who we can retain but if a lot of the team could be kept together (basically just resigning Everett and Colon without losing any key players) we'd be in really good shape.

TornLabrum
09-28-2003, 05:29 PM
More likely we will have three decent starters (Loaiza, Buehrle, Garland), Crede at 3B, Valentin at SS, Konerko at 1B, Lee in LF, Rowand in CF, Ordonez in RF, Olivo and Alomar C, and question marks in two pitching spots and 2B. We will also be hoping for Billy Koch to return to form as closer.

This is how much I trust our ownership.