PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate Jerry?

bafiarocks03
09-28-2003, 12:15 PM
No really? why does everyone hate him! i like Jerry as our manager! it wouldn't be the same if Jerry was gone! Everytime people say they wish he would like Die! i stick up for Jerry! What would you guys rather have Lou Pinnela????

Daver
09-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by bafiarocks03
No really? why does everyone hate him!

Because he is a terrible manager.

And welcome aboard. :redneck

StepsInSC
09-28-2003, 12:18 PM
:threadsucks

I dont think most people hate him as a person, they hate him as a manger.

voodoochile
09-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
I dont think most people hate him as a person, they hate him as a manger.

Be nice, it's their first post and thread.

However, I agree. It isn't the person we dislike, it's the way they do their job.

soxnut
09-28-2003, 12:26 PM
I don't hate him. I've met him and I think he is a really nice guy. But, he is not a good manager. I think he lacks the gut instincts that winning managers have. He seems to go throught the motions and everything by the book. Also with some of the players comments about how much they like him, seems to me that he has been to easy on them and not enough of a disiplinarian.

I want him gone, but I wish him luck on his next endeavor. :smile:

hempsox
09-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Never mind...I believe that this thread just got my coveted

:threadsucks

:whoflungpoo

voodoochile
09-28-2003, 12:29 PM
Just wait until BR03 finds some of those trade Paul Konerko posts...

harwar
09-28-2003, 12:32 PM
I think its those little glasses he wears.
Or maybe its because after 6 years he has learned nothing and continues to make the same stupid mistakes over and over again.
As for Uncle Lou.If by some miracle the Sox had aquired him during the off-season,then there is no doubt in my mind that the White Sox would have won their division by 10 games.

oheeoh...magglio
09-28-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by bafiarocks03
No really? why does everyone hate him! i like Jerry as our manager! it wouldn't be the same if Jerry was gone! Everytime people say they wish he would like Die! i stick up for Jerry! What would you guys rather have Lou Pinnela????

First of all, Jerry will be gone after this year, and if he isn't, I might consider finding a new team. As for why everyone hates him, Jerry seems to be a very good person, but his managing skills are clearly a detriment to this ballclub, and the fact that this team underachieved so much that they couldn't win the mediocre AL Central this year is enough reason for me to think Jerry must go. There are many other reasons why people don't like jerry, but you will read them as you check out the site more and more. Oh and BTW, welcome aboard! :cool:

ihatethecubs
09-28-2003, 05:12 PM
jerry, stop making up user names and pretending to be a fan posting on this board. we all know it's you.

soxtalker
09-28-2003, 05:56 PM
As others have said, he's a very nice person. And that consistenly calm, even, and positive demeanor has been very beneficial sometimes. Perhaps my biggest complaint about him is that some of his decisions seem so obviously wrong (Cotts in NY, pulling Colon too early, etc.).

Hangar18
09-28-2003, 06:18 PM
I dont hate Jerry, hes a nice christian person. His decisions (among other things) cost us a playoff appearance this year.
But as PHG pointed out Recently, I do want to Shake His Hand Personally, and Tip My Cap to him FOR ALWAYS GETTING THE WHITE SOX UP and READY for the CUbs Series. Thank You Jerry for that. I know its not much to go on in the Offseason, but IF We cant make the Playoffs.....AT LEAST WE BEAT THE CUBS.
small consolation, but i'll take it. Good Luck to you JM

duke of dorwood
09-28-2003, 07:27 PM
He's a liar-many times said things in 6 years that he just didnt do, or immediately reversed. I bet that the players involved will be glad he's gone, as will I.

bafiarocks03
09-29-2003, 10:16 PM
nope im not! oh ya Thanks it'l be fun! but i am a huge sox fan!! i was so sad when i got home today and found out he was gone! It won't be the same without Jerry! ya know! oh and don't worry i know the RUMORS that he might be traded! its so sad but they won't do that!!

DrCrawdad
09-29-2003, 10:47 PM
WOW! Jerry's not even gone for 24 hours and already someone is pining for the Jerry Manuel days.

Usually it takes a few years before we're nostalgic for foregone manager.

TornLabrum
09-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
WOW! Jerry's not even gone for 24 hours and already someone is pining for the Jerry Manuel days.

Or in the case of Boomer, a few eons.

MRKARNO
09-29-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Just a few isolated incidents