PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS pisses me off

CUBS SUCK
09-27-2003, 06:31 PM
:angry: WGN is cutting into the Sox game for the Flubs. :angry: God, I hate the Cubs. Good thing they're playing ATL first round.

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-27-2003, 06:32 PM
yeah, i'd rather hear them talk to such superstars like eric karros and kyles farnsworth :angry:

DSpivack
09-27-2003, 06:41 PM
do the white sox have grounds for a breach of contract suit?

kraut83
09-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Yuck, I'm nautious right now. Even here, a sports hack on the local philly news is on his soapbox about a chubs/BoSox ws. GO ATL!

Hangar18
09-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by CUBS SUCK
:angry: WGN is cutting into the Sox game for the Flubs. :angry: God, I hate the Cubs. Good thing they're playing ATL first round.

thank god im not watching that. Apparently, im being told that the FOX announcers were Giddy with excitement and were obviously favoring the cubs. So much for biased reporting

DonkeyKongerko
09-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Well when Chip Caray and Dave Otto are your FOX "announcers"...

kevingrt
09-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Every damn channel has Cubs stuff on... the Alabama vs Arkansas game is close but no lets hear about the SCRUBS!

ssang
09-27-2003, 07:15 PM
I hate the Cubs!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I hate the fact that now the Cubs have won the division the "fans" (more like yuppie/party people) are screaming "we're going all the way or "Bring on the Yankees". Can I please throw up!?!? I have never seen a bunch of ignorant fans (trust me, Cubs fans know dick about baseball and their team) get so cocky so goddamn fast. This is a team that loses for the VAST majority of 100 years and they win the disision this season and suddenly the Cubs are the best team ever!?!?! ***! :angry: :angry: . The Cubs fans don't deserve to celebrate. Call me bitter call me a jerk but I hate this franchise and all assosiated with it.

I hate Ron Santo! I hate Chip Caray! I hate Wrigley field! I hate the Tribune! I hate the hot chicks who are going nuts right now on TV as I type this (do they even know why they're celebrating??)! I hate my friends who are calling me now to rub it in! I hate the fact that these people all claim to be long suffering fans......where were all of you in the early 80's before Wrigley became one massive frat party!?!? I hate Sammy Sosa! I hate Kenny Lofton and his stupid-ass celebration jump! I hate the Cubby Bear! And I really reall really really hate the idiot, Ron Santo. Thank God stubby doesn't have the ability to do his mid-air heel click anymore!

But most of all, I hate the fact that the Tigers (the worst team in MLB history) are the reason the White Sox will be watching the Cubs get swept out of the playoffs......from their luxuruious living rooms.

I'm going to watch the Cubs/Braves playoff series from Sluggers sports bar. I don't care if I get tons of crap for wearing my Sox gear (I 100% know I will!). I HATE THE CUBS AND THEIR FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for venting but THIS PISSES ME OFF!!!!

DAMNIT! :angry: :angry:

Meixner007
09-27-2003, 07:26 PM
You hit the nail right on the head...may I add i HATE this coverage. It is truely sickening.

foulkesfan11
09-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Right now I'm wearing my Sox Piss on the Cubs shirt with my Atlanta Hat. I'm so disgusted. :angry:

Dick Allen
09-27-2003, 07:46 PM
What "Sox piss on Cubs" shirt? Where can I get one?

Corkinator
09-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Dick Allen
What "Sox piss on Cubs" shirt? Where can I get one?

Yes, where can I get one?

KingXerxes
09-27-2003, 08:42 PM
:farmer

"Okay, so now we're up nineteen to three - that's right nineteen........to three. That's sixteen runs, we're up by sixteen, now if you take some of those sixteen and spread them out a little differently - well not all sixteen, let's say fourteen because you still want to be winning this game, and that would be by two, not sixteen, and take those fourteen runs and put them back into the Minnesota series, the one last week, then you sweep Minnesota, and the whole season plays out differently. You see Rooney, there are only so many runs that you're going to score in a given season, and we've got nineteen of them tonight. That's one thing - if there is one thing - that we've got to work on next year as announcers, and that is a better "spreadage" of runs."

:rooney

"Spreadage"? What planet are you on tonight Ed?"

"If you don't get greedy, and by that I don't mean victories - you can never have enough of them - I mean in run amalgamation back-ups, and you're able to funnel the appropriate amount of your annual finite run production into each game so that you are winning everything by as close a score as possible, then you can in theory - and I know that's easy to say - in theory - win every time you go out there. It's just a matter of avoiding amalgamation back-ups in certain situations such as tonight."

:hawk

"Lemme tell you something there Ed. Ol' Gene Mauch.......mercy........that man was a master at run spreadage......that's why his win percentage was so incredibly high even though he was consistently outscored........Gene Mauch........he's a good man."

"Gene Mauch had an under .500 win percentage for his career Hawk! You and Farmer sucking off the same gas pipe tonight?"

"Yessir, Gene Mauch, you know Ed once he won a game managing the Phillies when they were actually outscored 6 to 1.........I loved Gene Mauch."

Daver
09-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanx King,I'm dieing here, LMAO!

KingXerxes
09-27-2003, 08:51 PM
:DJ

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Cheer cheer for Old Notre Dame, sound out the echoes, calling her name....."

"What is the deal up here tonight"

"Listen up here boys.......I'm working on breaking in some new tag lines for next year. I'm thinking that "Stretch - Stretch" just isn't catching on, but "He Gone" has become quite a hit since I dropped the "'s" off of "he" so here is what I'm going to say next year during a home run........"Tretch - Tretch"

"I'll go on bttr than you Hawk, nxt yar I'm going to do th gams and nvr us th lttr "e", although using it thr dosn't count dos it?"

"Good ida Farmr, now back to the gam thrs a long on,.....c'mon Trtch!.....Trtch!.........mrcy"

Lip Man 1
09-27-2003, 08:52 PM
I'm not a Cub fan by any means but you have to give them credit.

Starting with hiring a good manager in Dusty Baker, they continued to bring in what they needed until they won.

I'm not saying the Sox could spend 90 million bucks, but maybe spending 60 to get more pitching would have made the difference. Either way the Sox claimed hardship again and paid for it.

They never seem to learn do they?

and as far as the Cubs breaking in, the Sox do not have cause for a lawsuit (snicker, snicker) and precedence was set twenty years ago when WGN got permission from then SportsVision to cut into their programming and show the 9th inning and post game celebration of the Sox clinching. It was actually very nice of SportsVision to cooperate and allow the Sox to be shown across the nation.

To the victor belongs the spoils....don't be mad at the Cubs, get pissed at the Sox players and owner.

Lip

FarWestChicago
09-27-2003, 08:59 PM
LOL!!! Some classic King. Thanks, I needed that. :D:

:bandance:

KingXerxes
09-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Thanks guys.

ShoelessFred
09-27-2003, 09:48 PM
*salutes king*

woodenleg
09-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Man, if we don't get somewhere soon, there is gonna be a civil war.

I used to live in Wrigleyville (don't ask - all I have to say is that every Sox fan should do time in Wrigleyville. You'll find just how justifiable and rational your hatred is). I remember how many tens of thousands of fans were in the streets for the stupid wild card. I am a mile and a half from there now, and I can't imagine what is going on down there. I am stuck housesitting on the North Side and I feel so alone.

It isn't even about the Division - it's the stupid hype and stupid Jackie Bang and the smile on her face.

And Blagojevich makes me want to vote Republican next time, and I've never voted Republican.

Thunderstruck30
09-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by woodenleg

And Blagojevich makes me want to vote Republican next time, and I've never voted Republican.

Blagojevich said the Cubs havent clinched anything at home in a generation. Apparently 1998 was a generation ago. And there was another Cub fan on TV that said hes been waiting for this since 84. The Cubs won a division in 89 and made the playoffs in 98 also. This guy doesnt even know his teams history. And Jesse Jackson was on TV wearing Cub clothing. I thought this guy was a Sox fan? I guess hes a fair weather fan who likes whatever Chicago baseball team is better. All these people are idiots!!!!!

oheeoh...magglio
09-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
And Jesse Jackson was on TV wearing Cub clothing. I thought this guy was a Sox fan? I guess hes a fair weather fan who likes whatever Chicago baseball team is better.

I'm happy to hear that. I don't want that idiot a fan of our team. He's a racist against whites, and not to mention, anybody who councils a man cheating on his wife (President Clinton) while HE IS CHEATING ON HIS OWN WIFE doesn't get ANY respect out of me. So i'm glad he is a cubs fan, let them have him!!!

KingXerxes
09-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Jesse Jackson is a Jesse Jackson fan.

The end.

alohafri
09-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

To the victor belongs the spoils....don't be mad at the Cubs, get pissed at the Sox players and owner.

Lip

What pissed me off is we went to two bars on the South Side last night, one in Burbank and one at 111th and Kedzie...both had every television set turned to the freaking Cub game and both were full of the bandwagon fans. Screw those people.

As my father says...

alohafri
09-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
And Jesse Jackson was on TV wearing Cub clothing. I thought this guy was a Sox fan?

Do we really want to count Jesse Jackson among us?

TDog
09-28-2003, 05:50 PM
It's kind of like how an entire school roots hard for the Down syndrome kid to graduate from the eighth grade.

By not getting behind the Sox in a similar fashion in 2000, though, the media was telling the Sox fans that they don't count and there is no reason to cheer for them. I've fortunately been thousands of miles away when the Cubs have won their division titles, and had especially great reason to root against them in 1984 when I scored Padres World Series tickets. But just the stupid stuff I heard on NPR this morning, the likes of which I've never heard for any other team, was enough to depress me.

Has anyone told these casual Cubs fans that they don't get to play Pittsburgh and Cincinnati this week?

cheeses_h_rice
09-28-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by TDog

Has anyone told these casual Cubs fans that they don't get to play Pittsburgh and Cincinnati this week?

Ssshhhh, TDog! Keep it on the down low...yes, it will be a beautiful thing when we'll actually recognize the names of the Flubs' opponents beginning Tuesday.