PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Thread - Sox vs. Royals - September 27, 2003


RKMeibalane
09-27-2003, 06:30 PM
2B- Harris
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
CF- Everett
1B- Daubach
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede
C- Olivo

Two more days...

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2003, 07:18 PM
I haven't been paying attention, but is Maggs sitting out because he's the current batting champ?

JRIG
09-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I haven't been paying attention, but is Maggs sitting out because he's the current batting champ?

He's in RF, hitting 4th.

Though he is 7 points back of Mueller now.

RKMeibalane
09-27-2003, 07:20 PM
WGN is pulling back their coverage of the Sox game in favor of the Flub love-fest.

:chunks

white sox bill
09-27-2003, 07:53 PM
***--Theres coverage of some minor leage celebration!!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-27-2003, 08:10 PM
It would be our luck to be televised on WGN when the Flubbies clinch. :angry:

I'm guessing Hawk and DJ lost 95 percent of the audience they had before they got pre-empted by Flubbie-mania. It's the equivalent of NBC stopping coverage of the NFL to show "Heidi."

:)

jortafan
09-27-2003, 08:39 PM
I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to think when Bartolo was retiring the side so easily in the first few innings. It had me wondering if Colon was destined to pitch a perfect game on the day the Cubs clinch, thereby ensuring that his achievement would be regarded as an insigificant footnote.

And what gives with this game. Now that it no longer matters, the Sox offense turns it on. Why couldn't we see some of this offense last week? Oh well, at least we'll (hopefully) clinch second place tonight.

Daver
09-27-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by jortafan


And what gives with this game. Now that it no longer matters, the Sox offense turns it on. Why couldn't we see some of this offense last week? Oh well, at least we'll (hopefully) clinch second place tonight.

The Sox play at their best in no pressure situations.

Win1ForMe
09-27-2003, 08:45 PM
They better save some runs for Loaiza tomorrow.

thepaulbowski
09-27-2003, 08:47 PM
I'm looking at this as, these guys haven't quit. Which is nice.

JRIG
09-27-2003, 08:48 PM
I think they're all pissed the Cubs just won the division.

Win1ForMe
09-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Oh, and somebody should send a memo down to Jerry to pull Valentin because he's going to get those 14 necessary PAs all in one game.

JRIG
09-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Aaron Miles in for Frank here in the 6th. That's becoming a habit.

Daver
09-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Aaron Miles in for Frank here in the 6th. That's becoming a habit.

Not for much longer.........

Viva Magglio
09-27-2003, 09:06 PM
Well, it looks like we'll lock up second place. Woohoo!

VeeckAsInWreck
09-27-2003, 09:09 PM
It seems that tonight everyone gets to pad up their stats.
It's like a team full of Sammy Sosa's! :D:

Viva Magglio
09-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Another WP...

Bears 18, Chiefs 3

Viva Magglio
09-27-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
I think they're all pissed the Cubs just won the division.

I hope Jerry Reinsdorf and Kenny Williams have the same feelings when they plan the 2004 season plan.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-27-2003, 09:21 PM
18 runs... is this our highest offensive output of the season?

<sigh>

VeeckAsInWreck
09-27-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
18 runs... is this our highest offensive output of the season?

<sigh>

19 F$%^ing runs!

:eloaiza:
"Don't worry, I am pitching tomorrow. So the team will go back to not hitting for me!"