PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Royals Schedule

anewman35
09-27-2003, 02:40 AM
Is postedhere (http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/kc/news/kc_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030926&content_id=544739&vkey=pr_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kca)

Notable for the fact that we once again open (on 4/5) and close (on 10/3) in KC, and that KC plays in Chicago starting on 4/13 in what may well be our first home series. Also, they're playing the NL East for interleague, missing Florida.

Season starts a week later next year it seems, too. My main question is, haven't these people heard of some variety? Is there some rule we have to open and close in KC every damn year?

ewokpelts
09-27-2003, 03:55 PM
looks like we'll be playin the nl east

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-27-2003, 04:03 PM
yay, i hope the april 13th game is a night game, it's my birthday

doublem23
09-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
yay, i hope the april 13th game is a night game, it's my birthday

Not if that's Opening Day.

MRKARNO
09-27-2003, 05:03 PM
How is it that the royals go to San Diego?

And even though I think the royals will be pretty good next year, I wouldnt be surprised to see them as a perrenial .500 team for a few years

dickallen15
09-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
How is it that the royals go to San Diego?

And even though I think the royals will be pretty good next year, I wouldnt be surprised to see them as a perrenial .500 team for a few years

The NL East has 2 teams like the Sox and Cubs, who will play home and home series. FLA and TB and Mets and Yankees, so they have to find another team without the "natural rivalry"

DonkeyKongerko
09-27-2003, 06:10 PM
But seriously folks, WHEN is the last time the Sox have opened a season at home???!?

MarqSox
09-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
But seriously folks, WHEN is the last time the Sox have opened a season at home???!?
Not recently, but this is by design ... would you rather sit in The Cell on April 2 or Sept. 9? Point is, the later our home opener is, the less frigid it will be and the more games later in the season that won't be freezing. Not that KC is tropical, but it's warmer than Chicago in early April.

DonkeyKongerko
09-27-2003, 07:54 PM
I don't know, this team just usually seems to start at a dead standstill until the first home series of the year.

thepaulbowski
09-27-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
I don't know, this team just usually seems to start at a dead standstill until the first home series of the year.

Not in 2000...*hint* fast start can help you in the standings later in the year :o:

JRIG
09-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Not in 2000...*hint* fast start can help you in the standings later in the year :o:

:jerry
"You're crazy! You don't have to really even try until Game #100!"

VeeckAsInWreck
09-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Not if that's Opening Day.

The last time the Sox opened with a night game was in 2000.
Why not do it again? :smile:

Lip Man 1
09-27-2003, 09:26 PM
The last time the Sox opened the season at home was 1990 because of the final year of the original Comiskey Park.

They have opened on the road since then at the request of ownership.

and it's not totally because of the weather. The Sox have had such trouble drawing that they feel they'd get a great crowd for "opening day" then nothing for the rest of the opening home stand.

Lip

LauraJ14
09-27-2003, 11:02 PM
Why can't we close the season at home? When was the last time the season ended at home? I hate that we always open and close the seson on the road. The weather usually is nicer in Sept/Oct anyways.

Nick@Nite
09-28-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by LauraJ14
Why can't we close the season at home? When was the last time the season ended at home? I hate that we always open and close the season on the road. The weather usually is nicer in Sept/Oct anyways.

I was gonna post this same thought this morning (but then phone rang before I could finish editing my post... then my Internet connection got caught in pop-up hell... then my laptop shut down before I could save/transmit my post)...

But I digress...

Wouldn't it be nice to know if the divisional title came down to the last weekend of the season that those games are to be played at the Cell?