PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious New Gammons Column

Win1ForMe
09-26-2003, 11:44 PM
Check out the new Gammons "column" over on ESPN.com. What a waste of space... I mean seriously, who cares.

MRKARNO
09-26-2003, 11:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1624162

OK This is going WAAAAAAAYYYY too far. We know he loves the red sox but this is just irresponsible

:boston

"I'll write whatever the hell I want!"

1951Campbell
09-27-2003, 12:03 AM
"The five players made their way through the crowd, hurdled the bar and began bartending -- handing out drinks to everyone in the bar."

Yeah...they gave out drinks to Manny, who was buying for his future Yankee teammates.

Great joke email on Jim Rome the other day in re Gammons. I paraphrase:

"Lou Merloni moved over a runner with 1 out the other night? I think he deserves MVP consideration!

Sincerely,

Peter Gammons"

Out.

Irishsox1
09-27-2003, 01:51 AM
Let Gammons have his little moment in the sun. Since 1918 the Red Sox have lost the World Series 4 times and all the losses coming in seven games, the last being 1986. Being a White Sox fan sucks, but being a Red Sox fan mixed in with the Yankee inferiority complex must really suck.

RichH55
09-27-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Let Gammons have his little moment in the sun. Since 1918 the Red Sox have lost the World Series 4 times and all the losses coming in seven games, the last being 1986. Being a White Sox fan sucks, but being a Red Sox fan mixed in with the Yankee inferiority complex must really suck.

Screw that.....I defend my share of postions...but in this case, both the Cubs and White Sox have better cases than Boston.

Boston won the championship later than both the above teams and has better management(at least willing to spend)......An inferiority complex isn't a reason to feel sorry for them...>Especially when you consider The White Sox and Cubs have the longest drought in Baseball (for Championships), The Hawks have the longest stretch in hockey, The Bears could be the worst team in football this year(Pats won in what 2001?), and the Bulls are now in the depressive stage of the manic-depressive relationship.

So to summarize: Screw Boston and the East Coast Bias that promulgates this "pity"

Hangar18
09-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Gammons pulled a Mike Kiley with that story. He forgot to MENTION HE WAS ONE OF THE 500 people chasing the players around Fenway. This guy is Yellow.

Jjav829
09-27-2003, 01:04 PM
Wow, what a waste of space. Is it just me or does anyone else imagine Gammons sitting there typing this like a giddy teenager.

"Oh my god, like wow, I haven't run that much since the Red Sox won the World Series. It was like the greatest moment of my life. I started the 'Bring on Oakland' chant! Then along the way some Yankee fan screamed out 'Red Sox suck!'. So I was like, 'No, the Yankees suck' and then everyone else started chanting that with me. What a great night. I have to go clean up now as I just made a mess thinking about it again."

ChiSox14305635
09-27-2003, 01:12 PM

Hey, if it's not about the Red Sox, Yankees, or Braves: Is it really worth reporting on?

harwar
09-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Its guy like him(and others on espn) that make it impossible for me to like the red sox.

Dadawg_77
09-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Wow, are we a little jealous or something? It was a little blurb on a unquiet way the Red Sox celebrated their wild card title. Honestly I think it was cool for the Red Sox to celebrate with a little interaction with the fans, how many times does that happen with Pro Athletes? Gammons was gushing on how great the Sox were for doing this, just giving a report on what happen. He probably wasn't even there, as I think he was in Bristol doing BT. One thing about Gammons, is he has some respect more then other writers with inside baseball people. According to Moneyball, Beane usually ignores calls from writers, but took Gammons because Billy wanted to find out what others were thinking, and Gammons usually has that info.