PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Interleague Play Question


Viva Magglio
09-26-2003, 09:57 PM
In addition to the Cubs, do we play the NL Central or the NL East in 2004?

RKMeibalane
09-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
In addition to the Cubs, do we play the NL Central or the NL East in 2004?

NL Central. That means the Sox will face the Cardinals, Astros, Reds, and maybe even...

:hitless

"The Brew Crew!"

Viva Magglio
09-26-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
NL Central. That means the Sox will face the Cardinals, Astros, Reds, and maybe even...

:hitless

"The Brew Crew!"

And when we face the Cardinals, I wonder which dugout TLR will be in.

MRKARNO
09-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
NL Central. That means the Sox will face the Cardinals, Astros, Reds, and maybe even...

:hitless

"The Brew Crew!"

we're certain to miss one of those teams. Knowing the schedule makers we'll miss the brewers and the twins and royals will miss the cards and astros

RKMeibalane
09-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
And when we face the Cardinals, I wonder which dugout TLR will be in.

:reinsy

"Well, maybe I would be interested in paying LaRussa all that money if you people would actually come to the park. I will never sell this team. Never, never, never! So there! You're stuck with me!"

dickallen15
09-26-2003, 10:24 PM
the Sox will be playing the NL East next year. It seems like it should be the Central, but they are going back to the East.

RKMeibalane
09-26-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
the Sox will be playing the NL East next year. It seems like it should be the Central, but they are going back to the East.

Really? Weird. I wonder if they'll be playing the Marlins this time around, since they didn't last season.

Hangar18
09-26-2003, 11:26 PM
I too have heard that were Playing the NL East, though we just played them, so its pretty ridiculous if you ask me. We SHOULD BE PLAYING THE NL CENTRAL NEXT YEAR MR. SELIG. WE PLAYED THE XPOS AND PHILS LAST YR.....Remember bud??? anyway, I hope we play the Cardinals in St Louis again........we had a blast in that town a few yrs ago. ALSO....IF we play IN MILWAUKEE, IM PLANNING A ROADTRIP THERE TOO. IT WILL BE LIKE OLD TIMES, when the SOX traveled to MIlwaukee, COunty Stadium would be PACKED 50,000 people, 60% SOX FANS, fighting, drinking, singing having a great time. Funny how the MEDIA forgets that the SOX and BREWERS were the ORIGINAL I-94 Rivals. They think that 20,000 flub fans is sooo original and a Story worth writing and reporting on. Little did they know of our "rivalry" thru the 70's, 80's, and the 90's. Mr. Seligs Perverted Fantasy of reliving his Milwaukee Braves in the NL
got a KickStart when he became Commissioner. He figured he could let the DBacks determine their own Destiny (and ignore Expansion Precedents) by letting them CHOOSE what division they wanted to be in. He Martyred his own franchise, a team with so much history for so little time, in order to satisfy his
own Perverse NL fantasy. nice.

1951Campbell
09-27-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
IT WILL BE LIKE OLD TIMES, when the SOX traveled to MIlwaukee, COunty Stadium would be PACKED 50,000 people, 60% SOX FANS, fighting, drinking, singing having a great time. Funny how the MEDIA forgets that the SOX and BREWERS were the ORIGINAL I-94 Rivals.

As a Sox fan growing up in Milwaukee, those were the days. I miss those games so much.

TDog
09-27-2003, 12:09 AM
The Sox are natural rivals for the Brewers. My old Wisconsin boss told me a story about a Saturday game in County Stadium against the Sox where tensions were running so high in the bleachers that beer vendors made their last round in the second inning.

The Sox really should play the Brewers every year. In a perfect world (i.e. a world without Chicago Cubs) the Sox would have their annual home-home interleague series with the Brewers. This year, the Brewers did their interleague home-home with the Twins.

Hangar18
09-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
As a Sox fan growing up in Milwaukee, those were the days. I miss those games so much.

How Could BUD SELIG Ignore a Natural Rivalry liike that, just Pulling the Carpet from us like that. Im still very BITTER about that. What really gets my blood boiling, is hearing the cubloving media Suddenly talking about the "rivalry" there is between the two cities (was already there with sox fans, how the parks are always Full now (always were when the sox played them). The media however, completely Missed/Ignored the real story on how Mr conflict-of-interest himself, Pud Selig "let" the DBacks go to the NL, forcing a team to have to be "added" to the NL to even the divisions out, and "moving" his Brewers to the NL Central.
That was a bank heist in broad daylight. Media somehow missed that one. If I were Commissioner.....I wouldve told the DBacks to Shut Their Mouths, and Get to the AL or they could play in the Northern League for all I cared. they wouldve done it. Want to know why? BECAUSE THEY HAD NO CHOICE.

rmusacch
09-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
And when we face the Cardinals, I wonder which dugout TLR will be in.

Is TLR's contract up after this year? Does he have a good relationship with Reinsdorf? Would he come back here?

Max Power
09-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Is TLR's contract up after this year? Does he have a good relationship with Reinsdorf? Would he come back here?

I believe he has 1 year left on his StL contract, but he doesn't have a good relationship with their GM. I think he has a pretty good reletionship with JR. Don't know if he'd come back...

harwar
09-27-2003, 01:21 PM
I would love to see how Mark Buehrle reacts to pitching against the cards in bush stadium.Talk about your conflict of interest.. His head might explode.