PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Thread - Sox vs. Royals - September 26, 2003

RKMeibalane
09-26-2003, 07:29 PM
2B- Graffanino
RF- Ordonez
DH- Thomas
LF- Lee
1B- Konerko
CF- Rowand
3B- Crede
SS- Valentin
C- Olivo

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

I'm not making this up. This is the lineup that Yahoo Sports has posted. What the hell is Manuel doing now? Only three more days of this crap, and he'll be out of our lives forever.

JRIG
09-26-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
2B- Graffanino
RF- Ordonez
DH- Thomas
LF- Lee
1B- Konerko
CF- Rowand
3B- Crede
SS- Valentin
C- Olivo

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

I'm not making this up. This is the lineup that Yahoo Sports has posted. What the hell is Manuel doing now? Only three more days of this crap, and he'll be out of our lives forever.

How long until we see Josh Paul in left field again? Maybe the next time Manuel lets one of his coache make out the lineup.

ode to veeck
09-26-2003, 08:20 PM
A new white sox record for HRs in a season, Caballo puts it on the board in the 2nd and Sox lead ... too bad the Sox coouldn't hit agains teh Twiks last week

MRKARNO
09-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Based on what I see now, I could easily live with rowand as the everyday CF next year

ode to veeck
09-26-2003, 08:28 PM
be sad to see everett's good attitude missing from the clubhouse--need more of that

and crede triples in rowand for a 2-3 sox lead

manos pops up on the easy 1 out man on third rbi opportunity

nonetheles, olivo gets a surprise 2 out single to knock in crede

followed by a two out ground rule double by graf

where was this hitting last week agains the twinks!?!?

Jerko
09-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
be sad to see everett's good attitude missing from the clubhouse--need more of that

and crede triples in rowand for a 2-3 sox lead

manos pops up on the easy 1 out man on third rbi opportunity

nonetheles, olivo gets a surprise 2 out single to knock in crede

followed by a two out ground rule double by graf

where was this hitting last week agains the twinks!?!?

Manos is batting right handed again I see. Manuel can't be gone fast enough and he can take Manos with his sorry ass.

Win1ForMe
09-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Garland is looking pretty good. Maybe going on 3 days rest wasn't the best idea for him.

As far as Rowand, he looks good too. But he's mostly played against lefties lately (.323 this season) and not so much against RHP (.250 this year). Still, not bad.

RKMeibalane
09-26-2003, 09:35 PM
FRANK THOMAS!

RKMeibalane
09-26-2003, 09:36 PM
:hurt

"I can't wait 'till next year. Once I'm back at first base, I'm going to break Bonds' record."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

voodoochile
09-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
Garland is looking pretty good. Maybe going on 3 days rest wasn't the best idea for him.

As far as Rowand, he looks good too. But he's mostly played against lefties lately (.323 this season) and not so much against RHP (.250 this year). Still, not bad.

When he keeps the ball down and changes speeds, he is a pretty solid pitcher. I agree that he was not ready for a 4-man rotation, of course when Jerry went to it, the season was already over.

Jerry jerked him around as much as anyone this year. He may be a lot better with a new manager.

ode to veeck
09-26-2003, 09:55 PM
Garland's definately got the stuff, the real key for him is 120% mental --be nice to have a manager there

Viva Magglio
09-26-2003, 10:02 PM
:manos
:dinger

ode to veeck
09-26-2003, 10:06 PM
gee on the replay, someone can actually look worse than aaron in the outfield there ... embarrasing for the royals there, when it rains it pours ... too bad the sox playoff crops are already dead

ode to veeck
09-26-2003, 10:09 PM
and in response aaron makes a patented wall banger for us

Viva Magglio
09-26-2003, 10:15 PM
This is the second time this season Carlos Beltran has lost the ball over the wall for a Sox grand slam. I want to say that Paul Konerko got the other slam, right?