PDA

View Full Version : Prophetic Rosenbloom

Hokiesox
09-26-2003, 12:31 PM
This one statement from Rosenbloom just about sums up the entire season, including the manager crisis going on:

"READ ALL ABOUT IT: The headline said Sox players are going to bat for Jerry Manuel. Wish they'd gone to bat in the first three months."

Mammoo
09-26-2003, 12:43 PM
From the Windy City Report...

>>>Therein lies the problem, they didnít win for a guy they claim to like and respect and wonít play for a demanding type like Larry Bowa or Wally Backman. Sounds like GM Ken Williams needs to change some faces in the locker room.<<< :smile:

doublem23
09-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo

>>>Therein lies the problem, they didnít win for a guy they claim to like and respect and wonít play for a demanding type like Larry Bowa or Wally Backman. Sounds like GM Ken Williams needs to change some faces in the locker room.<<< :smile:

Ehhh... We'd probably see how much those attitudes change if they were winning... But I can't imagine working for a guy like Bowa or Backman is too pleasant if they're always pissed off because you're 30 games under .500.

jabrch
09-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Ehhh... We'd probably see how much those attitudes change if they were winning... But I can't imagine working for a guy like Bowa or Backman is too pleasant if they're always pissed off because you're 30 games under .500.

So don't get yourself 30 games under .500 and you don't have to worry about it. Geez...We have all worked for tough people. Deal with it. If these guys are all so damn good that they should be able to pick their manager and if they want JM, they should have hit the frigging ball vs Minnesota. Maybe we wouldn't be in this position?

mandmandm
09-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Is there a middle line between a JM and Bowa? JM was afraid to bench his players. We do not need a hard ass but someone who would bench a guy for boneheaded basing running errors, not hitting the cutoff man, etc. The current Sox players appear to not think these mistakes are big becuase they were never called out or punished for making them. Also, I would like a manager who on day one tells his players that regardless if your last name is Thomas or Harris, I am going to teach you how to bunt and you better be ready to bunt on every at bat of the season.

Dadawg_77
09-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Is there a middle line between a JM and Bowa? JM was afraid to bench his players. We do not need a hard ass but someone who would bench a guy for boneheaded basing running errors, not hitting the cutoff man, etc. The current Sox players appear to not think these mistakes are big becuase they were never called out or punished for making them. Also, I would like a manager who on day one tells his players that regardless if your last name is Thomas or Harris, I am going to teach you how to bunt and you better be ready to bunt on every at bat of the season.

I would fire any manager who had Thomas bunt.