SouthBendSox
09-26-2003, 12:29 PM
YEs!

doublem23
09-26-2003, 02:27 PM
and go Pirates!

alohafri
09-26-2003, 02:53 PM
I watched the scrub game briefly last night--and both gallstone and chimp were complaining because the scrubs were losing and "the Reds have NOTHING to lose but the cubs have EVERYTHING to lose"---I honestly think by the way they were talking that they felt that the Reds should have allowed the scrubs to win.

(mrs. Aloha)

cheeses_h_rice
09-26-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
I watched the scrub game briefly last night--and both gallstone and chimp were complaining because the scrubs were losing and "the Reds have NOTHING to lose but the cubs have EVERYTHING to lose"---I honestly think by the way they were talking that they felt that the Reds should have allowed the scrubs to win.

(mrs. Aloha)

The entire Flubs organization -- announcers included -- is the single biggest bunch of crybabies I have EVER seen in professional sports history.

:hawk

Mercy!

WinningUgly!
09-26-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by alohafri

(mrs. Aloha)

I heard some dufus on channel 7 last night say that the Astros were facing the Brewers, who were "just playing out the string". He failed to mention that 19 of the Cubs final 22 games were against teams in the very same situation.

davenicholson
09-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I heard some dufus on channel 7 last night say that the Astros were facing the Brewers, who were "just playing out the string".
Now that you mention it, I've always wondered: Where in the heck did "playing out the string" come from?