PDA

View Full Version : Maybe That Todd Ritchie Trade Won't Be So Bad Afterall...

DrCrawdad
09-26-2003, 12:00 AM
What do I mean?

Well I've heard that Josh Fogg goes against the Cubbies on Friday and Kip Wells pitches Sunday against the Cubbies. IF Fogg and Wells help eliminate the Cubbies then perhaps sending Fogg & Wells to the Pirates will have given us Sox fans something.

soxfan26
09-26-2003, 12:35 AM
Has it come to this? Ho-hum Go get 'em boys!

DrCrawdad
09-26-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by soxfan26
Has it come to this? Ho-hum Go get 'em boys!

Yes it has. As I've posted here before, I wanted the Cubbies to get to the World Series IF the Sox did. Now that the Sox are toast it will be intolerable for us Sox fans IF the Cubbies make it to the post-season so GO ASTROS! GO JOSH FOGG! GO KIP WELLS!

pudge
09-26-2003, 01:40 AM
But if we still had Kip, we'd be in the play-offs and could beat the Cubs in the WS!

DrCrawdad
09-26-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by pudge
But if we still had Kip, we'd be in the play-offs and could beat the Cubs in the WS!

Perhaps that's what might have happened. Unfortunately we can't erase that trade. I can hope that we get some return on it in the way of Fogg and Wells shutting down the Sox.

Wells has had a good year for the Pirates. Fogg had a good first half last year but since then he's dropped off. IIRC Fogg got hit hard in Fogg's start against the Cubbies last week.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/players/2/6770.jpg
Career vs. CHC
J. Fogg (35.1 IP)
1.27 WHIP, 5.35 ERA, 3 W

TommyJohn
09-26-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
What do I mean?

Well I've heard that Josh Fogg goes against the Cubbies on Friday and Kip Wells pitches Sunday against the Cubbies. IF Fogg and Wells help eliminate the Cubbies then perhaps sending Fogg & Wells to the Pirates will have given us Sox fans something.

Shades of 1969, when Tommie Agee, J.C. Martin and Al Weis
all made contributions to the Mets run to the World Series.
Who can forget that image of Tommie Agee sliding in and
Randy Hundley blowing a gasket?

soxtalker
09-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
What do I mean?

Can't agree. I have no desire for the Cubs to get into the playoffs, but the loss of those two young pitchers was far too big a cost.

DrCrawdad
09-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
Shades of 1969, when Tommie Agee, J.C. Martin and Al Weis
all made contributions to the Mets run to the World Series.
Who can forget that image of Tommie Agee sliding in and
Randy Hundley blowing a gasket?

Good points. Unfortunately I don't remember anything about the 1969 season. No, not because of drugs but because I was only 5 years old.

Fri, Sep 26 2:20 pm
J. Fogg vs. The Messiah

Sat, Sep 27 3:05 pm
R. Vogelsong vs. M. Clement

Sun, Sep 28 1:20 pm
K. Wells vs. K. Wood

On paper at least the pitching match-ups favor the Cubbies. Maybe Fogg can win one as well as Vogelsong & Wells.

GO 'STROS!
GO PIRATES!

DrCrawdad
09-26-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Can't agree. I have no desire for the Cubs to get into the playoffs, but the loss of those two young pitchers was far too big a cost.

No where did I say that the Ritchie trade was good or that this rescues it (if it turns out that Wells/Fogg win). The trade was an absolute bust. That said though, if those two guys win then that will salve the pain of losing the young pitchers.

Oh, there is the subject of the thread...If I could put that in teal...