PDA

View Full Version : KW on the Score

chisoxt
08-29-2001, 06:08 PM
I only caught the end of KW's interview on ESPN radio. But he did step out and imly that he is less than pleased over Sean Lowe's comments through the media. He also admitted that the club's performance has been dissapointing over the last two months.

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 06:31 PM
I assume you mean he was on ESPN.
Your post said the Score but you said he was on ESPN.
And I hate to say I told you so about him hating Lowe but...

BLA!

my5thbench
08-29-2001, 06:34 PM
my gawwwwwwwwwwwd! KW....Lowe is absolutely right &

he should be starting for the remainder of the season; he's

just friggin' EARNED it...Rocky ain't gettin' the job done

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by my5thbench
Rocky ain't gettin' the job done

:rocked
I'm hurt!

Bmr31
08-29-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by my5thbench
my gawwwwwwwwwwwd! KW....Lowe is absolutely right &

he should be starting for the remainder of the season; he's

just friggin' EARNED it...Rocky ain't gettin' the job done

For what? We arent in the race and we need to develop our young pitchers. Lowe isnt part of that plan.

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
For what? We arent in the race and we need to develop our young pitchers. Lowe isnt part of that plan.

Agreed but pitching a hurt Biddle is not helping any.

CubKiller
08-29-2001, 10:47 PM
Biddle shouldn't be on the Sox -- or any other Major League team...which leaves only the Cubs.

Lowe should be starting over Biddle. He's better and he deserves it.

chisoxt
08-29-2001, 10:58 PM
Why shouldn't Sean be part of our plan for the future????? One of the biggest BS assumptions is that the more youg pitching you have the better. That is such bull! Young pitching is erratic, inconsistent and frequently breaks down due to injury. If you have a staff of young guys, it's a good idea also to have a few guys that actually know how to pitch. The Sox propaganda machine always tries to convince us that we can replace anyone on the staff with some unproven rookie.

Daver
08-29-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by CubKiller
Biddle shouldn't be on the Sox -- or any other Major League team...which leaves only the Cubs.

Lowe should be starting over Biddle. He's better and he deserves it.

A healthy Biddle will prove you wrong,but then again what the hell do I know.

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
Why shouldn't Sean be part of our plan for the future?????

Williams doesn't like Lowe and as you pointed out earlier he wasn't happy with Sean's comments to the media.

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:04 PM
Lowe should be starting over Biddle. He's better and he deserves it

Deserves what? He's great out of the pen, but having only two pitches is going to catch up tp you as a starter.....

7+ ERA over his last 4 or 5 starts! He deserves to be back in the pen, sorry....

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:06 PM
A healthy Biddle will prove you wrong,but then again what the hell do I know.

Couldn't agree more, Daver. Just when it looked like he was turning the corner, his velocity started to drop. He should be in surgery ASAP so he has the most possible time to heal and rehab for next year.....

Since day 1, I've been one of his only supporters, he has good stuff, he just needs to learn to 'pitch' and be consistent with his fastbal....

Daver
08-29-2001, 11:11 PM
When Rocky learns mound command he will be an above average starter,everything else is there.But then again what the hell do I know?

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2001, 11:11 PM
:sean
Hey KW, stop being racist!!!

Heather the Redbird

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:13 PM
But then again what the hell do I know?

LMAO! What's with that Daver? Is that trying to be modest? Are rednecks modest? Do rednecks even know what modest means???

Just kidding....as much as we've argued in the past, it seems you and I tend to agree quite often on evaluating pitching talent.....

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:14 PM
chisoxfanatic, are you Sean Lowe's sister????

I love the guy, but he hasn't held his own as a starter recently. He is so valuable to the team as a middle reliever, that I wish he'd accept his role, I think he's one of the best in the game at shutting a team down for 3-5 innings in the middle of a game giving us a chance to get back in it.....

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2001, 11:21 PM
No, I am not Sean Lowe's sister; however, I have chatted with her a lot!

Heather the Redbird

Daver
08-29-2001, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

LMAO! What's with that Daver? Is that trying to be modest? Are rednecks modest? Do rednecks even know what modest means

I was a starting catcher for four years of HS varsity baseball,so I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination,I can only call it as I see it.
As far as you yankees knowing what we's rednecks are a thinkin' weall caint figger out what youall is talking about,youall talks too funny fer us to unnerstand.

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:26 PM
I was a starting catcher for four years of HS varsity baseball,so I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination,I can only call it as I see it.

When I played, I was a catcher, but that's it as well.....My knees got so bad I had to move to LF, and despite my Edmonds-like flopping and spectyacular catches on routine balls, I was just too slow to be anything but a catcher...

I will never let any of my future kids ever be a catcher until they are a freshman or sophmore in HS....

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:28 PM
As far as you yankees knowing what we's rednecks are a thinkin' weall caint figger out what youall is talking about,youall talks too funny fer us to unnerstand

Well, considering I'm about as redneck as a city-boy could be, "I's a hear ya'!!!!"

Huntin, fishin', rugged outdoors livin.....ohhhhh, to go back to the 1800's for a little while!!!

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 11:29 PM
I was just too slow to be anything but a catcher...

C'mon Randar, Konerko plays first. You couldn't have been slower than him!

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:31 PM
C'mon Randar, Konerko plays first. You couldn't have been slower than him!

I'm right-handed and wasn't over 6' until my junior year of HS. All of my previous coaches essentially refused to play anyone but a lefty at first....

I was adequate in left, but I certainly didn't hit like one.....In simulated games, I'd go like 3-5 with a double and 2 jacks, and then in the real games, I'd go 0-5 with 3 K's and a GIDP!!! LOL!!!

Hey, the game is 95 percent mental, and even more so for pitchers....

Daver
08-29-2001, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Well, considering I'm about as redneck as a city-boy could be, "I's a hear ya'!!!!"

Huntin, fishin', rugged outdoors livin.....ohhhhh, to go back to the 1800's for a little while!!!

That's how I live now Randar,if you don't kill it you can't grill it.

rmusacch
08-29-2001, 11:36 PM
A thought, since most of our pitchers pitch a lot better out of the bullpen than the rotation, how about having a position player pitch to the first batter and then having someone relieve him, start the pitcher at whatever position that player is supposed to start at. Crazy but it might work.

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:36 PM
That's how I live now Randar,if you don't kill it you can't grill it.

Man, can you imagine the bass and musky you could catch back then???? JESUS!!!

Oh yeah, some fine wildlife for the huntin with natural predators and genetic "weeding-out"....

Man, My uncle's got 3 full Wolf mounts he shot while in Saskatchewan, I'll get a picture for ya next timne I'm over there.....they are actually overpopulated in Saskatchewan and the government issues quite a few licences for them....

Oh well, enough redneck talkin'....

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:38 PM
A thought, since most of our pitchers pitch a lot better out of the bullpen than the rotation, how about having a position player pitch to the first batter and then having someone relieve him, start the pitcher at whatever position that player is supposed to start at. Crazy but it might work.

*****!!!! Hell, if they could throw a strike, it'd be better than 90% of our starters anyways....

Where's Jason Dellaero when you need him????

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 11:38 PM
I'm right-handed and wasn't over 6' until my junior year of HS. All of my previous coaches essentially refused to play anyone but a lefty at first....

I was adequate in left, but I certainly didn't hit like one.....In simulated games, I'd go like 3-5 with a double and 2 jacks, and then in the real games, I'd go 0-5 with 3 K's and a GIDP!!! LOL!!!

I was a terror in little league because I was so big. But, I couldn't hit a curve ball. Pony league was the end for me. Fortunately, I was fast and ran the 880 in high school--yes, it was so long ago it was before the switch to 800 meters, LOL!

Daver
08-29-2001, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

There you go have Magilla Gorilla pitch the first and then bring out the pitchers.

Why do I see a lot of big run first innings here?

Randar68
08-29-2001, 11:41 PM
I was a terror in little league because I was so big. But, I couldn't hit a curve ball. Pony league was the end for me. Fortunately, I was fast and ran the 880 in high school--yes, it was so long ago it was before the switch to 800 meters, LOL!

*****, well, I couldn't run, so I swam 5 miles a day and played water polo....Got me through college

I always laughed when people told me they could run faster than me! Big whoop, I told them I could whip their ass on land and drown their ass in the water, I didn't care if I could catch them or not!!! LOL!!!!

Watch out Detroit Fans!!!! LOL!!!

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 11:42 PM
There you go have Magilla Gorilla pitch the first and then bring out the pitchers.

LOL! He seriously blew his arm out the last time he tried pitching.

Mathew
08-30-2001, 05:23 AM
I was and I guess am a short #2 hitter with speed who played center, I played 1B whwn I was 10 but everyone grew and I didn't. But on topic, why are Lowe or Biddle considered good starters by anyone right now. All Lowe is as a starter is JB at best, survive. Biddle may have good stuff but untill he stops giving up 3 or 4 run hrs per game he doesn't start. Another thing I learnt in LL is that everyone plays, the same shouldn't be true in the majors.

harwar
08-30-2001, 10:02 AM
I think quite a few people underestimate just how important middle relief is.Most (if not all)teams that,not only get into the playoffs,but go far into october have great middle relief.In my humble opinion,Sean Lowe was born to be one of these guys.