PDA

View Full Version : Cub "shock and awe" media coverage reaches phase 2

Foulke You
09-25-2003, 06:37 PM
The Cubs media onslaught continues. Get ready to vomit Sox fans! Also, spare me any high and mighty crap about how we shouldn't care about the Cubs and that it doesn't effect our team, etc. because I don't want to hear it. I hate the Cubs, their idiot fans, and the Cub loving media. I hope they choke down the stretch so we can shove it down their throats. Stay with me here, just let me vent ok! This is for Sox fans like me to fume and be angry because I'm in a rotten mood today and having to read this garbage just puts the icing on the cupcake. :angry: Check out the Cubbie Kool-Aid that is ice cold and on tap. If you ask me it is a little arrogant to think they have this thing wrapped up with a one game lead and 4 to play. The Astros are playing the Brewers who aren't exactly a great team.

"It's safe to breathe now, Cubs fans. The momentum belongs to the Cubs. The lead belongs to the Cubs.

The karma, too.

The gods love the Cubs. The goat is dead. History is forgotten.

And here's proof: Shawn Estes dominated a game Wednesday night. Not just any game, but a major game. A huge game. Shawn Estes!"

- Greg Couch Chicago Sun-Times

Questions, questions, questions:

"At the beginning of the season, who would have thought on Sept. 25 White Sox fans would be saying, "Wait till next year'' and Cubs fans would be saying, "Wait till next week!''?"

-Elliott Harris Chicago Sun Times

"Everyone is feeling it. The tension. The anticipation. The emotion."

-Carol Slezak

:chunks

Viva Magglio
09-25-2003, 09:19 PM
You missed this gem from the Sun-Times editorial page...

Scroll below the Ashcroft editorial (http://www.suntimes.com/output/commentary/cst-edt-edits25.html)